Pre-Crisis Superman vs. Princess Celestia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for theultimateavenger
TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who Would Win?

The Man of Tommorow

No Caption Provided

Or the Princess of the Sun

Let me Post some ground
Let me Post some ground

Le me post some ground rules

1) No outside help, at all. No Batman. No Elements of Harmony. No Spear of Destiny. No Bat-Alicorn Repellent. Nothing

2) This in term will be comparing both Physical and Moral Standards for both characters.

3) No Superman Prime for that would be cheating in my eyes. No Superboy-Prime, No Modern Superman, just Superman from the Pre-Crisis era

4) Oh and no nerd rage, i just want a fair comparison. \

Another thing, i am not a Brony. But i thought that this fight would be interesting seeing how these two gods of the sun would do not only in a all out fight, but who is the better character moral wise (AKA who would you want to be your hero/ruler) \.

So lets begin...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
man... what the fack is that thing on the right side of Superman ? 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

What the hell?

TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its... from My little pony. Princess Celestia, Princess of... The sun.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad

No Caption Provided

So Krypto is DC's character that came out of the closet? Nyahahahahahaha!

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By VictorGrey

Um . . . wrong board

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

open mouth

insert shotgun

TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, listen as ive said, this is a thread comparing two characters from two shows. Please take your nerd rage and insults somewhere else.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By utotheg38

@TheUltimateAvenger said:

Who Would Win?

The Man of Tommorow

No Caption Provided

Let me Post some ground
Let me Post some ground

1) No outside help, at all. No Batman. No Elements of Harmony. No Spear of Destiny. No Bat-Alicorn Repellent. Nothing

2) This in term will be comparing both Physical and Moral Standards for both characters.

3) No Superman Prime for that would be cheating in my eyes. No Superboy-Prime, No Modern Superman, just Superman from the Pre-Crisis era

Another thing, i am not a Brony. But i thought that this fight would be interesting seeing how these two gods of the sun would do not only in a all out fight, but who is the better character moral wise (AKA who would you want to be your hero/ruler) \.

So lets begin...

lmmfao *High Fives*

QUE THE EPIC THEME

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By Dracade102

In the Princess's defense, she's pretty much a God in the MLP universe. She has control over the sun, and the rest of the solar system by that extension, she's well over 1,000 years old and presumably immortal, she has an unmeasured skill in magic ranging from telekinesis, force fields, spells, etc., and ponies from the show have shown off impressive feats with the toon force.

As far as her moral standards are, she's basically the driving force of harmony in the MLP universe. She may not have had as many documented feats of moral integrity as Superman, but as a ruler she has done no wrong to any of her people and always has looked out for their well being above anything else. Plus, she was worthy of wielding the Elements of Harmony alone against an entity of envy and hate... And as far as that universe's standards go, that's quite an accomplishment on moral grounds.

Now, assuming Celestia and PC Superman met in a straight up fight, Superman could easily blitz right through her if he had the mind to. But with their morals on, I couldn't imagine any plausible reason they'd face off... But assuming they were being manipulated against each other, I think they might be fairly evenly matched, considering Superman isn't the type of person to be out to tear apart a flying pony princess just because he could. But power levels aside, the Princess is sorely lacking in any feats regarding confrontation, so unless she could BFR Superman with her magic she would loose.

Now, comparing their moral standards, this one I would give to the Princess. No ill-will against the Man of Steel, but he's been one to panic at times at a high-tier threat. (Such as the coming of Zod and his minions, who he killed with kryptonite since he couldn't think of a safe way to contain them).

The Princess, however with little feats to work from, has had a far cleaner slate with mortality. Whether pony settlers were looking for new land to colonize or if ancient entities were uprising against the world, she always weighed the results of her actions and did what was best for her kingdom. On that note too, she is dominantly a pacifist unless a threat's directly present to her. Superman's actions in the Pre-Crisis era ultimately only came with the most heroic looking result. To be perfectly honest, I believe that the writing for those Silver Age Superman stories were really more two dimensional than the writing in MLP. Pre-Crisis Superman honestly lacked in the same character development as Celestia has, so it'd just be up to interpretation for who's the better person / pony.....

I swear, I'm serious. Just my two cents~

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Inverno

Well not the strangest battle thread I've seen...

TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... Um were to start.

1) Thank you for giving a good and respectful view of the characters, you have my respect. however...

2) I wouldnt ever neccesarily call Princess Celestia a "God" in the terms of the MLP universe. Now while she is powerful and seems very wise, I see her like Darkseid, just a very powerful being that rules over as a god but still is sort of a Demi-god. But still i can see what your getting at in terms of physical and magical power. I still gotta give PC Supes some credit seeing how he once DESTROYED an entire solar system... (sun included) by sneezing at it. And by that extension, on many occasions has shown to be able to juggle planets and even create suns out of nothing but his heat vision. His vunerability to magic is a factor but, to quote the Superman wiki "While superman appears to be weak towards magic, that had become less of a case during the course of the Silver Age, as in his vast intelligence he was able to study all forms of magic across the board, and with the help of Captain Marvel (and other magic heroes) developed a tolerance for most forms of Magic." Also "Though it is stated he was vunerable to magic, it was only when dealing with characters with a Semi-Divine or Divine manipulation of Magic, even then the most these beings could do was hurt Him, but never kill." He has shown to be very resilient to pain in most forms anyway and does have a tolerance to hurt those he sees as a threat. Plus since Celestia does have major power over the sun, wouldnt she just be giving Superman extra energy?

3) While i am obliged to give the Princess credit with her moral value. Its Superman... Truth, Justice, and the American Way. The original superhero who always stood to do whats right. He was once recognized by Wonder Woman (Princess of Truth) to be one of the most dependable and loving characters of all time. He has the power to move mountains, but still will help get a cat out of a tree for a random girl, he can change the shape of the world, but still decides to help as superman and hide out as Clark Kent, which is really hard to believe when you get down to it. Even luthor, when he was once informed of it during the silver age, was told by his super computer that Clark Kent was Superman and he laughed stating "A golden god such as him would never stoop to being such as uneventful idiot." This shows that even with all of his power he still sees himself no better than the average man. He lost his entire world, and refuses to let that happen to happen to anyone ever again. Even the creator has a touching backstory to him, you see with Jerry Siegel before creating superman, had his father shot to death during a bank robbery, it was this incident that inspired him to create superman, even co-creator Jim Shooster once said "You get your father killed in a bank robbery, then 2 months later you create a bullet-proof man that stands for justice and all that is right, im sorry but theres a story there." His actions against fighting villians are good, but you must remember that Superman never had (and no offense here) a Deux Ex Machina to fall back on. He had to rely on his wits and strength just to fight many of the villians, no elements of harmony there to help at all. Seriously though Celestia was only really clear minded and not taken aback because she KNEW she had the magic fix everything button right in front of her, superman never had that luxury, he had to fight villians that were 10 times more ruthless than anything the ponies have faced (though it is a kid show so ill give it some respect for the villains they do have) and often had to do it ALONE and he never backed down. Even bloody and defeated he fought back, even with every bone in his body broken his fought back, even in the fae of death, with once last effort he... fought... back.

4) While i do stand on the fact that most Silver age/Pre Crisis Superman stories are, well goofy. There are very good and touching stories to be told, mostly the stories revolving around Superman trying to start a life. There are two superman stories that i would have to reccomend from this age however that might just change your opinion.

"Does the World need a Superman?" This one was a dwelve into tale about how Superman may be doing more wrong than right and that hes doing to much to help the earth and thus making all the people to relient of him. Its a very "decide for yourself" kind of story because its very open ended and has no real answers at the end.

"Whatever happened to the Man of Tommorow" Written by Alan Moore... Yeah the guy who wrot e Watchmen. Trust me all you need to know is its one of his BEST work, and the last Silver age story. Ill just say this aint a happy tale.

So thats my two cents on everything, sorry if i semed a little harsh in some areas, but still good argument. Farewell (oh and sorry for any grammar mistakes, typing this on a ipad.)

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty

You would think Pre-Crisis Superman.  
Although Pre-Crisis Supes was really vulnerable to magic. 

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By malikc6

What kind of fight is this?? Even the hulk or even just the USA army would destroy this horse.

Shes not even all that powerful, I mean she had to use the elements of harmony just to defeat her younger sister and discord. If she were a god, then she could do this with ease with no elements at all. So what she can control the sun but in the show, the laws of physics are way off. I mean the sun and the moon are in the earth. A pony can hit a cloud and it will rain or make thunder.

Her magic is really just spells and telekinesis. Her spells are not even that powerful either and telekinesis can be resisted easily by superman or any other person in DC or marvel. Hell a person from this world can probably do it. Shes a pony the size of a normal dog as far as how big she is. A punch to the face would knock her out cold.

The only thing special about Celestia is the fact that she cant die from old age. She can be killed though and got easily defeated by the queen and had to rely on 6 lesser ponies to stop her. Yeah sounds all mighty and powerful. At best shes a demigod that doesnt have much abilities.

Princess Celestia= Very weak demigod who has to rely on others or the elements of harmony just to win a fight and cant die from old age (but can be killed) and has some magical abilities which are not impressive at all and can be resisted very easily. Even discord could kill her if he had taken the chance to do so.

Pre crisis superman has high resistance towards magic and I doubt her magic would do anything to him or any other being from his realm or even this one. Her magic wont work on a being from another universe and I doubt the harmony elements are going to do anything to superman.

This fight is a mismatch. Superman would kill her before the fight starts. Incinerate her, freeze her, or simply punch her and its over. Theres nothing really to debate here. I mean she cant hurt him in any possible way and even if she could, she would never get the chance, as she would just be destroyed with a single attack. The best she could do is flee because she can teleport but superman moves faster than the speed of thought and would probably know where she is.

Superman vs Celestia = dead white horse.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By utotheg38

@utotheg38 said:

@TheUltimateAvenger said:

Who Would Win?

The Man of Tommorow

No Caption Provided

Let me Post some ground
Let me Post some ground

So lets begin...

lmmfao *High Fives*

QUE THE EPIC THEME

Wow, I forgot about that

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By malikc6

The fight question has been answered for Celestia is no match for superman but I would rather have Neither.

1. Superman is so powerful and would probably accidentally destroy the earth with his strength and plus, there would be no crime and people wouldnt get a chance to decide life for themselves because no evil would exist. Good and evil need a balance.

2. Celestia doesnt have much power (explained already) and people would probably realize that and probably make attempts to overthrow her or kill her. If not, I wonder how she would handle crime. What, the power of friendship is going to stop a bank robbery or murder or rape? LOL!

Shes more of a kindergarten to 5th grade guardian/Hero/Ruler and wouldnt be able to deal with the crimes and problems of earth and for someone whose been alive for more than 1000 years, she lacks anything to be a hero other than relying on other people to do her dirty work. The most she can do to stop a person is with her weak magic which anyone can resist.

Superman would be destroying too much evil and Celestia wouldnt be able to stop the evil. I prefer us humans, lol.

TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all speculatuion really. Its unkown what her true power level is but it must be massive if she can move teh SUN with zero to no effort.

_Warrior_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Warrior_

-______- they have invaded.

TheUltimateAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who have invaded the bronies? Because this was just of an offbeat side thing that i started.