Practical Zombie apocalypse clothing

• 127 results
makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

what about against people? like in a struggle against t-dog [pictured below], if they both had each other's wrists or something like that, how would the boots do in protection if they resorted to lower-body combat [because he's heavy].

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm not sure that's a question that can be answered with attire.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@makhai said:
@forgerkrup said:

what about against people? like in a struggle against t-dog [pictured below], if they both had each other's wrists or something like that, how would the boots do in protection if they resorted to lower-body combat [because he's heavy].

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

like if he were to stomp on her foot, do you think it would still cause her immense pain? [I figure his stomp would be have great force compared to the force of a zombie, since his muscles are still intact]

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@makhai said:

like if he were to stomp on her foot, do you think it would still cause her immense pain? [I figure his stomp would be have great force compared to the force of a zombie, since his muscles are still intact]

Foot stomping is going to hurt no matter what kind of shoes you are wearing. It's used in MMA because it is a very painful, very effective attack and it is great to use anywhere on the foot. So things like steel toed boots don't really protect if the attacker moves his striking point up a notch.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@forgerkrup:

The only way to get around that is a steel/composite toe. I've worn them. A steel toe is highly impractical in a situation where you're hiking and on your feet alot. A nice pair of composite toes may offer protection while also being more comfortable. Ultimately though I don't think it's a big deal, and a good pair of comfortable boots with good tread will do just fine.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Forgerkrup

@lunacyde said:

@forgerkrup:

The only way to get around that is a steel/composite toe. I've worn them. A steel toe is highly impractical in a situation where you're hiking and on your feet alot. A nice pair of composite toes may offer protection while also being more comfortable. Ultimately though I don't think it's a big deal, and a good pair of comfortable boots with good tread will do just fine.

oh, what's the difference between a steel and composite toe? I thought her boots were composite toed. probably not I guess :( would it only hurt because, like I said above, t-dog can wram the heel of his shoe into her foot? like if he did it with hard force but without shoes would her boots [which I don't think are steel/composite-toed] prevent pain?

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

@rd189 said:

@rocketraccoonthingy:

pros:

• From fitting and tight, so they don't have to worry about being dragged about by loose clothing.
  • The brunette seems to have good placement with her pistol holster, easy to reach in an emergency
  • The blonde has radio gear! always important in a post apocalypse situation

Cons:

• Where do they keep they're ammo?! I see no pouches!!!
  • The blonde's mini skirt might make running a bit difficult
  • the brunette's bare ass will make nights very, very cold. She would also find it hard to sit down anywhere, for fear of sticks and rocks poking her butt
  • The brunette doesn't appear to have any radio gear, which will make it hard to stay in touch with her blonde friend
  • A .50 Cal barrett anti-materiel rifle is a HIGHLY impractical weapon for these situations, as 1) ammo is hard to find, 2) its exceedingly heavy, 3) its extremely loud, 4) The blonde is going to break her exposed shoulders due to recoil.
  • Unless those bikinis are made of kevlar, they dont have much in the way of ballistic protection.
  • Too much exposed skin will make anything but clear weather a nightmare, not to mention more targets for the zombies to bite.

Overall: 3/10. Not the worst getups i've seen, but unless these chicks find some big, burly medic to latch on to, they probably won't last very long.

huh? blonde?

LOL

She keeps her ammo in her panties. XD

------------------------------------------

Forget all those. If there's a zombie apocalypse, my getup will be like Ryan Sheckler. Exactly like his getup.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tools?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I wonder less about the practicality of her clothing, and more about how she keeps having these different outfits with her. She's carrying those around? Are they periodically raiding clothing stores?

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@forgerkrup said:
@makhai said:

Foot stomping is going to hurt no matter what kind of shoes you are wearing. It's used in MMA because it is a very painful, very effective attack and it is great to use anywhere on the foot. So things like steel toed boots don't really protect if the attacker moves his striking point up a notch.

is it only because t-dog can smash the heel of his shoe into her foot? like what about if t-dog wasn't wearing shoes, but used heavy force, would she still even feel pain?

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

I wonder less about the practicality of her clothing, and more about how she keeps having these different outfits with her. She's carrying those around? Are they periodically raiding clothing stores?

it may just be from the different locations they've been to, where they got clothes. are there any specific parts of her outfit that you think are good or bad/ugly?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Cable_Extreme

The best stuff to wear depends on what you are trying to do, and what type of zombies are out there.

The best stuff in the case of the walking dead would be to prioritize speed. So wearing a bunch of armor isn't as important as being able to power walk out of the clutches of zombies. I'd prolly wouldn't wear much, and if I were her I'd choose probably long sleeve camo jacket that I can stuff rolled up magazine paper around my forearms and then button them up. Paper is lighter than Kevlar and in this case, is all I would need. I'd also carry a machete, something she is lacking. The legs and boots are fine.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best stuff to wear depends on what you are trying to do, and what type of zombies are out there.

The best stuff in the case of the walking dead would be to prioritize speed. So wearing a bunch of armor isn't as important as being able to power walk out of the clutches of zombies. I'd prolly wouldn't wear much, and if I were her I'd choose probably long sleeve camo jacket that I can stuff rolled up magazine paper around my forearms and then button them up. Paper is lighter than Kevlar and in this case, is all I would need. I'd also carry a machete, something she is lacking. The legs and boots are fine.

that's true, mobility is key. are there any specific parts of her outfit that are really good or ugly do you think?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@forgerkrup: well with any female character in TV or movies, they choose sex appeal over practicality. Hence the reason she his wearing loose fitting thin clothes that would easily rip or get snagged on. As far as appearance her outfit looks great. Which is all that matters on a TV series set. But if we are talking about good in a Zombie survival scenerio, I'm sure she would wear more layers, and have some sort of bite defense in prone areas such as magazines wrapped around forearms and a thick scarf for her neck etc... But that wouldn't be sexy enough for TV.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Forgerkrup

@cable_extreme said:

@forgerkrup: well with any female character in TV or movies, they choose sex appeal over practicality. Hence the reason she his wearing loose fitting thin clothes that would easily rip or get snagged on. As far as appearance her outfit looks great. Which is all that matters on a TV series set. But if we are talking about good in a Zombie survival scenerio, I'm sure she would wear more layers, and have some sort of bite defense in prone areas such as magazines wrapped around forearms and a thick scarf for her neck etc... But that wouldn't be sexy enough for TV.

that's very true, actually. practicality becomes second hand in Hollywood I guess. do you think there are any parts of her outfit that are good?

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Forgerkrup

@makhai said:
@forgerkrup said:
@makhai said:

I didn't even think it was allowed in MMA? kind of like eye gouging? is it only bad because t-dog can smash the heel of his shoe into her foot? like what about if t-dog wasn't wearing shoes, but used heavy force, would she still even feel pain?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@forgerkrup: her boots look like good quality, and they extend pretty far up her leg (provides another layer or protection), so that is were sex appeal and practicality meet perfectly.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: her boots look like good quality, and they extend pretty far up her leg (provides another layer or protection), so that is were sex appeal and practicality meet perfectly.

cool! are they good mainly for being durable? like do you think they'd be able to withstand zombies?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: depends, regular human would have trouble biting through leather, so the idea of a jaw that has rotted for weeks could possess enough biting force to bite through leather would be unlikely in my mind. However, I'd mainly wear those boots due to the protection it affords me from thorns, bushes, etc.... The main aspect for the walking dead zombies is to be mobile, and these boots provide ideal protection, and maneuverability.

Avatar image for thegreatvampirekillerx
TheGreatVampireKillerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would bang her.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: depends, regular human would have trouble biting through leather, so the idea of a jaw that has rotted for weeks could possess enough biting force to bite through leather would be unlikely in my mind. However, I'd mainly wear those boots due to the protection it affords me from thorns, bushes, etc.... The main aspect for the walking dead zombies is to be mobile, and these boots provide ideal protection, and maneuverability.

oh that's really true actually, I don't know if humans can really bite through leather all that well. yeah they could definitely withstand terrain and thorns I think. I just think the laces are impractical, or at least the way she does them. even though they are protective against penetration, do you think they are protective against pain though? zombies are kind of weak, but in a human-on-human combat, if she was fighting t-dog [pictured below], he's big and heavy, do you think she would still feel immense pain if he stomped on her foot/toes?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@forgerkrup: realistically, her best chance agaisnt that guy would be a firearm. No amount of padding of clothes will really help in in the scenerio your brought up. His muscle mass is significantly higher than hers.

Ima 6'4 285 lb practicing wrestler, and even steel toes wouldn't really protect someone from a full powered stomp. It may actually cave the piece of metal into your foot (if a big guy like me or the guy in the photo stomps a foot) So in this case, she should still focus on maneuverability and perhaps her ability to run away, gather supplies, perhaps people and come back if it is necisary.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Forgerkrup

@forgerkrup: realistically, her best chance agaisnt that guy would be a firearm. No amount of padding of clothes will really help in in the scenerio your brought up. His muscle mass is significantly higher than hers.

oh yeah, I know strong clothing wouldn't allow her to win the fight against him, I just mean in that scenario, if he were to stomp on her foot, do you think she would still feel immense pain given that she has those boots?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@forgerkrup: most definitely. She would feel emmense pain regaurdless of what boots she wears, even if they were steel toed.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: most definitely. She would feel emmense pain regaurdless of what boots she wears, even if they were steel toed.

really? I guess her boots look a bit worn out. is it only because t-dog can smash the heel [like hard part] of his shoe into her boot?

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Forgerkrup

@cable_extreme: i thought it would only hurt bad because t-dog can use his shoe heel as a hard point?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: no, it would hurt due to the strength he has.

Forgerkrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forgerkrup: no, it would hurt due to the strength he has.

oh true true. so like if he didn't have any shoes on, would go down differently do you think? like would he have to stomp harder or something if he wanted to hurt her as much as before?

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

her costume looks overall unprotective except boots but theyre just ugly