User Lists: 1

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@pyrogram: He is an utter clown. (Boris,not Lalflux)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

It comes in waves. :)

What the hitting a brick wall things or getting messages from people who disagree with you? Or is it both? :)

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By Auralaria

@lykopis said:

Exactly. Just a play on words -- as in, I will be forgiven if I return to the Church - not when I die and suddenly find myself in front of St. Peter, wagging a finger at me with a smile on his face.

That right there's a funny image. And what comfort it would be, for that to happen!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By lykopis

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

It comes in waves. :)

What the hitting a brick wall things or getting messages from people who disagree with you? Or is it both? :)

Not only both, but more. C'est la vie, mon ami.

@lykopis said:

Exactly. Just a play on words -- as in, I will be forgiven if I return to the Church - not when I die and suddenly find myself in front of St. Peter, wagging a finger at me with a smile on his face.

That right there's a funny image. And what comfort it would be, for that to happen!

;)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Not sure what that last part meant so I had to look it up. And I absolutely agree :)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is whose going to save all the diddling priests that the Vatican protects? I'm looking at you Pope!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

An organisation run by greedy, self-interested people is corrupt, let's blame the belief system (and innocent people) they exploit.

Oh militant Atheists, how I love your endless hypocrisy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

This is my care cup c{__} please attempted to fill it Mr Pope.....

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By CapFanboy
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pyrogram said:

@laflux: *bro-hug* Only playin :P Cap got you all to himself @capfanboy XD

WHY DO I KEEP BEING SUMMONED LIKE THIS?!

We've long since laid waste to this thread. There is nothing but ashes made from the conquest of my enemies.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Couldn't resist :D

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pope Francis is awesome. I don't give a sh!t if you hate the church, but you have to admit, he's a good guy.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jorgevy

@lykopis: sorry to reply so many centuries after.

I know not everyone agrees with Duby on the matter and the theory itself isn't as solid as it once was.

I was just trying to point out that there are many reasons for war. I get really rattled when all I see are atheists (mainly) saying that the only cause of war is religion. I never said religion doesn't cause wars but if you or anyone takes the time to analyze, you'd see that even in more religious affiliated conflicts there are other causes and other factors and there's sometimes almost another parallel war that doesn't go by religion .

I'll be honest, in the end I, as an agnostic-catholic, would like for everyone, regardless of creed, to understand that religion, or anything for that fact, is ever the sole cause of a large scale conflict.

PS: loved to learn the fact that you studied history and social sciencies; that's awesome! hope to be up there with you one day

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Pope's nonsensical comments are endless.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TotalBalance
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how the Church endlessly changes the meaning of the "infallible" and "unchanging" world of God. Now the Pope is flat out calling the Bible a bunch of bullshit since it clearly says that you go to Heaven and live forever only by believing in Jesus. This is like the whole point of Christianity. What a joke.

Funnier how Christians dont seem to know or care that this has been going on for thousands of years. The Church claims some "absolute truth" based on the Bible and scare the crap out of everyone into doing what they say, and then eventually they cant deny reality or public opinion anymore and have to change it to some new absolute and unchanging truth. It's just pathetic.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: According to some people this is because the words in the bible are god inspired and were meant to mean something different back then, but that it would somehow fit in modern times through interpretation. It was all planned.

http://date-masters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/conspiracy-keanu-blank2-150x150.jpg

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By lykopis

@jorgevy said:

@lykopis:

sorry to reply so many centuries after.

I know not everyone agrees with Duby on the matter and the theory itself isn't as solid as it once was.

I was just trying to point out that there are many reasons for war. I get really rattled when all I see are atheists (mainly) saying that the only cause of war is religion. I never said religion doesn't cause wars but if you or anyone takes the time to analyze, you'd see that even in more religious affiliated conflicts there are other causes and other factors and there's sometimes almost another parallel war that doesn't go by religion .

I'll be honest, in the end I, as an agnostic-catholic, would like for everyone, regardless of creed, to understand that religion, or anything for that fact, is ever the sole cause of a large scale conflict.

PS: loved to learn the fact that you studied history and social sciencies; that's awesome! hope to be up there with you one day

You suck man, you took WAY too long! (lol -- just kidding)

Yes, you are correct -- to claim religion is the only reason for war is completely false. It's been used as an excuse for some like you've pointed out and to me, war has always been about land possession or control of trade routes and of course, resources.

History is so important, really glad your studies are focused on that. Be prepared for a lot of frustration because what they teach in elementary and high school has people thinking wrong about a lot of things. Then again, most school curriculums are controlled by government so there is only so much they want people to know.

Good to see you around!

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: eheh thanks! I'm also still trying to understand how this new layout works, I just found where notifications are and saw you replied!

btw history being so incorrectly taught in mandatory school and the control the gov has on the curriculums is also one of the reasons I want to learn more. it's kinda empowering

and thanks for the support but as they say here in my country - the one who runs for pleasure, never tires!

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By LimpoyzLoan

Gotta say, this is surprising. Of course, I'm not going to be saved because well, Heaven doesn't exist, but it's nice to know that he isn't outright persecuting atheists. But this does go against the Bible, so I guess this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Now, if he were to do the same for gays, then I might just like him. Otherwise, he's no different than any other pope Catholics had.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's because the church is losing control because we're becoming smarter and more logical. So naturally they have to change their ways to regain control of their followers and appeal to the general public. I guess he hopes that atheists will convert again because of this?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy:

I love that saying -- so true! Thanks for sharing it.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers