Poltical Vibe: I AM MIND BLOWN!!!!

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By _Sojourn_

(and honestly I can comprehend most things in life) 

Alright, all of you are aware of the situations across the country in 16 states (including Virginia the state I live in). There are Republican bills that are being debated or has already passed one of the two state legislature houses. Each one of these bills have in them language that if made into law will 'bust' unions, or in effect take away the rights of working class people, those rights referred to as collective bargaining. 

Now that's the gist of it... 

In Wisconsin, this particular bill was not set to pass because of massive public push back, threats of recalls, and defecting Republican senators. But TODAY, astonishing news of blasted all networks that cover politics. Essentially the Governor who has sent out bogus emails to the Wisconsin 14 about him willing to negotiate the language about Collective Bargaining, did something no one has ever done before...He and the Republican senators took all of the Union Busting language out of the Budget bill, and passed the Union Busting Bill... This however is illegal, and the Dems, have asked the Attorney General to review and possibly file suit.  

In Michigan, the Republicans have passed a bill that will give the Governorship the ability to nullify and or dissolve school districts, municipalities, and or entire town if they deem it necessary under the guise of Budget Crisis...Another move that has NEVER ever been implemented in the history of the United States.  

My thoughts... 

I honestly can't believe what is happening around the country. I really can't believe it. I can't believe that people, the people who are supposed to be governing with fair and just minds and hearts have done and are doing such cold and heartless things. I really don't know how else, other than to Recall or hold a special election that is going to change how things are going....  

I'm usually more articulate in these things, but I just can't even get my mind around all of this yet...

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By isaac_clarke

Republicans doing what they do best, appeal to their small base and alienate everyone else. 
They will get the boot again in 2012 and again be wondering why, only to go back to false promises they've been making for the past 20 years. 

Hopefully this time people remember that them promising essentially to be the same guys and not change their ways, under the flag of fiscal responsibility, push their own agendas. 

Walker wishes he was like Palpatine. Trying to appeal to people's fears, with deceit and more mongering of the fear.  
Sorta like King in Congress decided to be talking about Islam without inviting any real experts to speak. Red Scare anyone? Except now it's Muslims, teachers.
Eleemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eleemos

LOL to the Palp... 

But I agree