castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By castleking
@Lunacyde said:

" @castleking: Alright good....because everything you just said was so ridiculous I was having a hard time believing anyone would say that lol "

i am pretty sure you already knew i am not fond of religion especially some very specific ones, Since i have posted in some religious debate threads.  the only ones i like are general nonspecific loose belief structure or ones that are just meant to be life examples and not necessarily need be followedalso message is basically the golden rule.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" i only listen and vote for politicians whose personal life i am aware of or my church tells me about them or is part of my religion.

i know politicians all have good or bad  reasons for getting into politics and agendas. their message, reason and platforms as important is it is, is not more important then saving ppl's souls and making sure that the fabric of our country is a good christian based nation with good morals.

if he or she isnt married by the time she/he is old enough to run for office, i think that says something about the person and i dont want someone like that in a position of power and change. i think having a family is a measure of a person.

the politician who is pro life is another reason i would vote for them. no one but my God has the right to take life and is able to decrease or prolong a person's life.

so long that the person shares my beliefs i would vote for them otherwise ur just serving the Devil and ur an atheist.  :) "

I never knew you were a Republican ?

:P 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By castleking

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By King_Saturn

the problem with some folks is they never been to a Fun Church... you should come down to my old stomping grounds... First Baptist Church of Progress Village... when I was younger we used to do some crazy sh!t in that building... folks would be jumping around and hollering as the Choir Plays music... it was almost like a Fu#ked Up Rock Concert... who gives a sh!t about what the Pastor's Message was... I just wanna run around the got damn Church a few times just to get the feeling of the Spirit... the Spirit of Funk and Power  !

:P 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By castleking
that what churches were originally meant to be to feel god's spirit... joy, praise, happiness....... now its like you walk in with your head lowered in shame put a few dollars in the donation box and take your seat. once you sit down they start with long winded stories from the bible in a mono tone voice...*snore *

churches were meant to bring communities together and enjoy each others company be reminded of gods message of love and compassion and doing the right thing and the consequences of the wrong choice..

churches need to use modern music instead of old hymes, and chants and prayers... its nice to know and study them but those were for an older culture... play some Creed, Kanye west  pass the lyrics and dance and enjoy each others company...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" that what churches were originally meant to be to feel god's spirit... joy, praise, happiness....... now its like you walk in with your head lowered in shame put a few dollars in the donation box and take your seat. once you sit down they start with long winded stories from the bible in a mono tone voice...*snore *

churches were meant to bring communities together and enjoy each others company be reminded of gods message of love and compassion and doing the right thing and the consequences of the wrong choice..

churches need to use modern music instead of old hymes, and chants and prayers... its nice to know and study them but those were for an older culture... play some Creed, Kanye west  pass the lyrics and dance and enjoy each others company... "
true enough... though I actually like some of the Old Hymns... especially if you have a solid Keyboard and Organ to play with the Hymns... man you could turn a Motherfu#ka Out with a Keyboard and Organ behind that Music... I could care less about the message of the Pastor though... I already know the scriptures... Lets Get Down in this Motherfu#ka... and do some Booty Dances to " He's An On Time God  ".... lmmfao 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By castleking
i think ppl like Martin Luther King Jr. made such an impact is b/c he believed in the core message of the bible and he used his own words and applied it to his situation he was compassionate without being a hate mongering ....  

Now pastors/priest/ministers use their position to focus on the negative aspect of the bible to scare ppl and tell them they are going to hell... no you dont say that to anyone especially if your a priest let alone a christian...

Christians are suppose to reach out help and pray for the poor the criminals the outcast of society not pass judgment and condemnation only ur god can do that and his son can forgive them ..

i am tired of supposed good Christians getting involved in politics and having ignorant opinions, i am tired of politicians exploiting their religion to gain votes......  
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

i am tired of politicians exploiting their religion to gain votes......    

This is what it all boils down to.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Lunacyde said:
" People don't trust Atheist because they view them as believing in nothing. "
and I don't trust politicians that mention religion. I'm voting for what they can do for the American public, not what they can do for their god.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By castleking
@inferiorego said:
" @Lunacyde said:
and I don't trust politicians that mention religion. I'm voting for what they can do for the American public, not what they can do for their god. "
exactly
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By NightFang3

To me politics and faith should be as faraway as possible.    

killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By killermike

I don't trust anyone.
The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By The Mast
@castleking said:
" i only listen and vote for politicians whose personal life i am aware of or my church tells me about them or is part of my religion.

i know politicians all have good or bad  reasons for getting into politics and agendas. their message, reason and platforms as important is it is, is not more important then saving ppl's souls and making sure that the fabric of our country is a good christian based nation with good morals.

if he or she isnt married by the time she/he is old enough to run for office, i think that says something about the person and i dont want someone like that in a position of power and change. i think having a family is a measure of a person.

the politician who is pro life is another reason i would vote for them. no one but my God has the right to take life and is able to decrease or prolong a person's life.

so long that the person shares my beliefs i would vote for them otherwise ur just serving the Devil and ur an atheist.  :) "

I have nothing against religious people being politicians or even President. My request is that they keep their subjective beliefs out of office. You may feel that "your" God is the highest power in existence, but to atheist, your God doesn't even exist. You do not, factually, have any right to subject someone to a law based on the beliefs you chose to hold regarding a potentially fictional being.

Pro-life is bullshit and anyone who claims to be pro-life is a hypocrite.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@castleking said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Lunacyde said:
and I don't trust politicians that mention religion. I'm voting for what they can do for the American public, not what they can do for their god. "
exactly "
I agree. Though I am a devout Lutheran who understands that all denominations are flawed, I still like to separate that from who I think can do the best job of running our country. I mean I have a personal relationship with God, but that doesn't mean I will simply vote for someone based on what they profess to believe. if anything I use my morals, instilled by my choice of religion to go through their platform and distinguish whether I believe what they plan to do is right.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By castleking
@The Mast said:
" I have nothing against religious people being politicians or even President. My request is that they keep their subjective beliefs out of office. You may feel that "your" God is the highest power in existence, but to atheist, your God doesn't even exist. You do not, factually, have any right to subject someone to a law based on the beliefs you chose to hold regarding a potentially fictional being.  Pro-life is bullshit and anyone who claims to be pro-life is a hypocrite. "
again, sarcasm to point out a flawed religious/political view when voting.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I like how Pro-Life people like to make it a false dichotomy. Either you forbid abortion, or you are some sick perv with no morals who approves of it and gets sadistic joy from the fact it happens.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The Mast
@Lunacyde said:
" I like how Pro-Life people like to make it a false dichotomy. Either you forbid abortion, or you are some sick perv with no morals who approves of it and gets sadistic joy from the fact it happens. "

First, apologies to Castle. Hard to tell sarcasm through text sometimes.

Secondly, I agree, Luna. What's worse is they'll give you that horseshit about: "Oh! WE SUPPORT THE RIGHTS TO LIFE! IT HAS RIGHTS!". Yeah? What about if that foetus, the one you are fighting for, gets born a girl? What if that girl grows up and wishes to exercise the rights YOU fought for, by asking for an abortion? What then?

They have no answer. They only care about them in the womb, they only care about pushing their beliefs.
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By POHOCOM
@FLCL1: To me, no one is dumber than Obama. At least Palin has been a success at her jobs. Obama is on pace to be the worst president in decades!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By King_Saturn
@POHOCOM said:
" @FLCL1: To me, no one is dumber than Obama. At least Palin has been a success at her jobs. Obama is on pace to be the worst president in decades! "
you are joking right ? 
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By POHOCOM
@King Saturn: Maybe u haven't been following what's been happening in the past year or so. The only joke has been Obama.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Nova`Prime`
@King Saturn: Not if you look at the polls. But those polls are so biased its unbelievable, but that's what they go by. I am not a huge Obama supporter and my biggest problem with the man is the fact he talked about bringing change to Washington and bringing the people together. Yet the political landscape seems to be divided more then ever and alot of his policies scream business as usual.

I think most people's view on him is skewed because they disliked Bush so much. Well we'll see he still has two more years and perhaps they can pull their heads out of their collective asses and try to get this country back on track.
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By POHOCOM
@Nova`Prime`: I dont look at polls too much. I look at facts. No question that Obama  has had the worst first year of any president in decades. And it's also true that he has been wrong about mostly everything. Folk call Palin dumb, but in every area u want to look at she has been more competent than Obama.
NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NagolNuff

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
she did not do that...
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By POHOCOM
@NagolNuff: I wish Obama would read off his hand if it would help him make an intelligent decision so he stops screwing up the whole country.
NagolNuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NagolNuff

No Caption Provided

let us not go to this thread...it is a silly place

my opinion on politics and beliefs they should separate plain and simple

and i think the baby steps are okay fer now
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By POHOCOM
@NagolNuff: I think I agree with U. Im assuming u realize, however, that the entire foundation of our laws and constitution are rooted and intertwined with Christian/Judaeic values. So religion will, and should, always be there.
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#77  Edited By girth
@killermike said:
" I don't trust anyone. "
The only person I have complete trust in is God.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By castleking
@POHOCOM said:
" @NagolNuff: I wish Obama would read off his hand if it would help him make an intelligent decision so he stops screwing up the whole country. "
what specific policies has he screwed up?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FLCL1
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @FLCL1: But what makes it stupid? If she hadn't brought anything out and forgot what she wanted to talk about, then ya she would look stupid. But writing it on your hand, what's the big deal? Haven't you ever jotted anything on your hand for quick reference. The only reason people are making a big deal over it is because its Sarah Palin. "

i dont think you understand her situation very well palin is already getting bombed for a whole lot of stuff politicly anything she does in the next couple of month is gonna be mulitiplyed by 10 

also if you are presenting a speech would show the crowd the speech you wrote? its just totally idiotic and ethicly unaccepectable while presenting a speech alot of people write on their hands but do they show them their hand?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By FLCL1
@POHOCOM said:
" @FLCL1: To me, no one is dumber than Obama. At least Palin has been a success at her jobs. Obama is on pace to be the worst president in decades! "

your insane sir -_- 

can obama have 2 year in the office before we criticize? bush was president for 8 years but people didnt start complaing until his 6th year although he was a screw up from year 3
The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The Mast

Palin considers Canada and Mexico foreign experience.

I've been to more countries than her.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By King_Saturn
@POHOCOM said:
" @King Saturn: Maybe u haven't been following what's been happening in the past year or so. The only joke has been Obama. "

say what ? you think Obama is just gonna fix everything Bush and his Squad has had 8 years to mess up in a matter of months ? come on man... Get Real

its gonna take time to fix all of this sh!t... 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By castleking
@king

funny right? how ppl think you can just give an order to undo sh@# without thinking of the logistics and bureaucrats.... 

i feel like slapping ppl who argue crap i am still out of work he hasnt helped me at all.... well no sh@# it isnt like he can just pass a law and get everyone employed....

not like he can just say everyone pack ur bags we are coming home and forget about the safety of the soldiers and security of iraq.. 

every time some one b@#E$@ i wanna know what specifically he has screwed up or failed to some how fix and ask  them how can he fix it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" @king

funny right? how ppl think you can just give an order to undo sh@# without thinking of the logistics and bureaucrats.... 

i feel like slapping ppl who argue crap i am still out of work he hasnt helped me at all.... well no sh@# it isnt like he can just pass a law and get everyone employed....

not like he can just say everyone pack ur bags we are coming home and forget about the safety of the soldiers and security of iraq.. 

every time some one b@#E$@ i wanna know what specifically he has screwed up or failed to some how fix and ask  them how can he fix it.
  "
true enough
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Nova`Prime`

KS and CK

I agree there is no magic wand he can wave to fix the economy, bring the troops home, and whatever else he's supposed to do. But the problem is the expectations heaped onto the man by his own people. When you're heralded as the next great thing, you're going to be a let down. That is until your out of office for say twenty years so the rose colored glasses can be taken off or the scrutiny is lessend and the historians will judge how good or bad of a president you are.

May biggest problem with the president is the fact he came in wanting to do way to much. Not to mention my personal feeling for the directions it seems he wants to take the country, but that not here nor there. I think he stretched himself far to thin and that's why he hasn't been able to get done much of anything. Also I am kinda tired of hearing how he was handed a mess, after a year it becomes yours regardless of how bad it was when you got it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@castleking:@King Saturn: 

President doesn't even have the power to pass laws, only the Congress can do that. Honestly people need to put more effort into other elections besides just President.

Also it's been over a year, not only a matter of months, 1/4 of his term is already up.
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Sarah Palin would kill the U.S. if she became president in 2012.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Mr. Smiths said:
" Sarah Palin would kill the U.S. if she became president in 2012. "
Won't happen.