Political Vibe: What is your view on abortion?

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pro choice.

However, there should be 68 pages of paperwork to fill out, enough to deter people from abusing it, yet manageable enough that it can be filled out should actual need arise, and also enough for the doctor who has to do the actual abortion to understand why he is taking a life. In cases of rape, a judge would have the authority to allow a victim to bypass the paperwork, or they could just fill out the paperwork.

Abortions will happen, legal or not. But if they are legal, they will be safe.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Killing human beings is wrong. And yes, they are human beings.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I find it disgusting, but its their body.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing most of you don't have a uterus and will be spared the experience of either decision.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I may lean somewhat towards pro choice, but I can see where both sides come from at times. Extremism and all.....

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Because it's what I believe and I believe it's killing an innocent person. It's not like the baby had a "choice".

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik: Because it's what I believe and I believe it's killing an innocent person. It's not like the baby had a "choice".

Is the decision religious-based? Also, it's not a baby. It's a fetus. Technically and quite literally, it's a parasite until it's born.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's my view abortion? Looking over the Doctor's shoulder...

In all seriousness...a woman's body is her own. There are some mitigating circumstances, that make it more difficult, and convoluted, than that. But, I am a firm believer, that a woman has the right to make the final call on what she does with her body.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is cruel and condemed by God it should never exist in the first place.

If you are going with that rhetoric Blame God that exist in the first place.

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It is religious and personnel for me.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It is religious and personnel for me.

Fair enough. Do you feel that laws should be tailored to your religious views?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Pro-choice, it's all about whatever the woman wants.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Good thing most of you don't have a uterus and will be spared the experience of either decision.

Problem, Broski-ette?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

Problem, Broski-ette?

Broski-ette?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08: Lyko is a girl

I know her gender, but the nickname itself.... it's catchy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Although I don't support or encourage abortion, I don't necessarily think it should be illegal. Making abortions illegal won't stop women from doing them, and in that case, the abortion process would become more dangerous. Also, in cases such as rape or medical problems, I can understand getting an abortion for the sake of the woman's health. So, like I said before, I don't necessarily think abortions should be illegal, but I don't encourage them. And yes, I'm religious, but I also support a separation of the church and state.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#118 god_spawn  Moderator

I'm pro-choice and all for it.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By KnightRise

I mean I paid for a few, but I wouldn't call myself a pro.

Classic me! I was a step from posting this until saw that I already did months ago. Go me! Thanks, me. You rock me!

*gives self high five*

I love me.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#120  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Pro choice.

Especially considering I personally know people who are really, really close to me have done it already.

And I support them 100 percent.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'm neither, but I guess more pro choice, I wouldn't wish this choice on anyone, this isn't removing a ingrown toenail we are talking about.

And neck bearded internet dunder heads get so wrap up in argument that they treat it so nonchalant, so flunk them.

*hides from @lykopis*

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And neck bearded internet dunder heads get so wrap up in argument that they treat it so nonchalant, so flunk them.

*hides from @lykopis*

lol

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should only be legal for those who have been raped or in times when a country is dealing with overpopulation.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-Choice.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#125 SC  Moderator

Pro education and knowledge.

We don't force parents to have medical procedures that may save the lives of their children, we (usually) can't even force dead people to give up body parts to keep other humans alive and well. In regards to health and medicine respect for personal autonomy is very important for many good reasons. Like many species we are adapted to be bias towards babies and children, just the idea of them is enough. Involves a lot of projection mind you. Nothing wrong with this either, the opposite in fact, I am glad most people have a natural disposition that makes them fiercely defensive and protective of young children, infants, babies, unborn children. Its just that this tends to wear off once people are actually born and start getting older, to the point of becoming a negative. People suck at questioning themselves and its always been easier too believe something than understand something. Add in our brains are generally adapted to think about things in the first hand rather than how things work in larger groups and societies and a disparity emerges as far as perceptions about things and how things actually are. Consent to sex is not consent to having a child, and although it can be natural consequence and many of us know this, many people do not, or they have a poor understanding of safe sexual practices or understanding of long term consequences from actions. Its easy to talk about responsibility in a bubble, but much harder to understand how things play out in reality.

So whilst we don't want to create a situation where people can have abortions every single week like its getting the car washed, thats never going to actually happen. A fetus depends on its mother and in a way that can't be substituted (a born child is also dependent on a mother, but this role can be substituted) so its not even just about a choice but about personal autonomy. Similar and different conceptually to why doctors can't pick you off the street and distribute one healthy persons organs across five other patients who could live with those organs. 1 life or 5? Why not save five? Except life isn't just about trying to save as many lives as possible all the time, this would incidentally be counter productive since people would avoid health professionals and doctors for the risk of having organs harvested. Also incidentally a similar trend results in abortion rates being higher in staunchly pro life countries because of abortion/birth control/contraception being vilified and or sex education lacking. Leading to more abortions that are unregulated and dangerous.

Lastly abortion has existed since ancient times, but wasn't really until 1660's that we knew about sperm. So as a species we long developed views and beliefs about things before we understood how they actually work, and again, that makes sense given its easier to believe than it is to understand, point is no one should be vilifying anyone because of beliefs here, should be honest and sincere discussions based on understanding and knowledge. A child should be something adored and loved, protected and kept safe, but most of us don't live in societies that can give every child that, not every parent can give a child that. Guess what? Teens and adults deserve that care, love, safety and protection too, but most of us don't live in societies that give us that. Being pregnant shouldn't be seen as something a woman has to endure as a punishment because they did or didn't give consent to sex. Then yes, for our species, some people more than others, the ideas of a potential person, one that is terminated after conception/fertilization, it can be a horrifying and sick, and incredibly sad, unfair and disturbing idea and feeling. Like any idea, feeling or sense, it needs to be checked against understand, facts, knowledge to actually accurately determine validity. Since people come to this topic from different cultures, backgrounds, country, religious view, so on, can present difficultly in getting everyone on the same page. I am glad people are being respectful and civil with each other.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Embryos?

No Caption Provided

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks to be the baby to be aborted unloved and unwanted by the mother..

Imagine if your mother aborted you.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks to be the baby to be aborted unloved and unwanted by the mother..

Imagine if your mother aborted you.

That's kinda impossible.

I'm neither, but I guess more pro choice, I wouldn't wish this choice on anyone, this isn't removing a ingrown toenail we are talking about.

*hides from @lykopis*

I am good now. **big eyes**

But yes, it's a terrible decision and any approach to it should be made seriously. The experience is far from something as simple as getting a tooth removed. Emotionally and mentally it's horrible as well, if not the worst of it.

@laflux said:

@wolverine08: Lyko is a girl

I know her gender, but the nickname itself.... it's catchy!

Yay, another name to be applied to me!!! Broski-ette! :P

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@jointron33 said:

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. For the ones saying that it's the woman's body, if she didn't want the bastard to be the father of her child, why did she drop her panties for him?

You ever heard of rape?

Have the child and then give it up for adoption.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:
@jointron33 said:

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. For the ones saying that it's the woman's body, if she didn't want the bastard to be the father of her child, why did she drop her panties for him?

You ever heard of rape?

Riiight stretch the already stretched adoption agencies for the sake of it, that's logical.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@jointron33 said:

You ever heard of rape?

*tags @lykopis in conversation, then skips away laughing like AJ Lee*

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Netshyster

@pyrogram said:
@netshyster said:

@pyrogram said:
@jointron33 said:

You ever heard of rape?

Riiight stretch the already stretched adoption agencies for the sake of it, that's logical.

Prisons are stretched thin, so lets kill the inmates. Old folks homes are stretched thin, so lets kill the old bastards; they're dead anyway, right? Life don't mean nothing anyway.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By lykopis

@laflux: evil...

There is a lot of physical duress on a woman through pregnancy, @netshyster. "Having" a baby and giving it up for adoption is not so easy.

Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:

• exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
  • altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
  • nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
  • heartburn and indigestion
  • constipation
  • weight gain
  • dizziness and light-headedness
  • bloating, swelling, fluid retention
  • hemmorhoids
  • abdominal cramps
  • yeast infections
  • congested, bloody nose
  • acne and mild skin disorders
  • skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
  • mild to severe backache and strain
  • increased headaches
  • difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
  • increased urination and incontinence
  • bleeding gums
  • pica
  • breast pain and discharge
  • swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
  • difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
  • inability to take regular medications
  • shortness of breath
  • higher blood pressure
  • hair loss
  • tendency to anemia
  • curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
  • infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
    (pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
  • extreme pain on delivery
  • hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
  • continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)

Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:

• stretch marks (worse in younger women)
  • loose skin
  • permanent weight gain or redistribution
  • abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
  • pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life -- aka prolapsed utuerus, the malady sometimes badly fixed by the transvaginal mesh)
  • changes to breasts
  • varicose veins
  • scarring from episiotomy or c-section
  • other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
  • increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
  • loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)
  • higher lifetime risk of developing Altzheimer's
  • newer research indicates microchimeric cells, other bi-directional exchanges of DNA, chromosomes, and other bodily material between fetus and mother (including with "unrelated" gestational surrogates)

Occasional complications and side effects:

• complications of episiotomy
  • spousal/partner abuse
  • hyperemesis gravidarum
  • temporary and permanent injury to back
  • severe scarring requiring later surgery (especially after additional pregnancies)
  • dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
  • pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
  • eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
  • gestational diabetes
  • placenta previa
  • anemia (which can be life-threatening)
  • thrombocytopenic purpura
  • severe cramping
  • embolism (blood clots)
  • medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
  • diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
  • mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
  • serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
  • hormonal imbalance
  • ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
  • broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone")
  • hemorrhage and
  • numerous other complications of delivery
  • refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
  • aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
  • severe post-partum depression and psychosis
  • research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
  • research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
  • research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease

Less common (but serious) complications:

• peripartum cardiomyopathy
  • cardiopulmonary arrest
  • magnesium toxicity
  • severe hypoxemia/acidosis
  • massive embolism
  • increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
  • molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease (like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
  • malignant arrhythmia
  • circulatory collapse
  • placental abruption
  • obstetric fistula

More permanent side effects:

• future infertility
  • permanent disability
  • death.

Source

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@laflux: evil...

There is a lot of physical duress on a woman through pregnancy, @netshyster. "Having" a baby and giving it up for adoption is not so easy.

Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:

• exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
  • altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
  • nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
  • heartburn and indigestion
  • constipation
  • weight gain
  • dizziness and light-headedness
  • bloating, swelling, fluid retention
  • hemmorhoids
  • abdominal cramps
  • yeast infections
  • congested, bloody nose
  • acne and mild skin disorders
  • skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
  • mild to severe backache and strain
  • increased headaches
  • difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
  • increased urination and incontinence
  • bleeding gums
  • pica
  • breast pain and discharge
  • swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
  • difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
  • inability to take regular medications
  • shortness of breath
  • higher blood pressure
  • hair loss
  • tendency to anemia
  • curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
  • infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
    (pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
  • extreme pain on delivery
  • hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
  • continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)

Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:

• stretch marks (worse in younger women)
  • loose skin
  • permanent weight gain or redistribution
  • abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
  • pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life -- aka prolapsed utuerus, the malady sometimes badly fixed by the transvaginal mesh)
  • changes to breasts
  • varicose veins
  • scarring from episiotomy or c-section
  • other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
  • increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
  • loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)
  • higher lifetime risk of developing Altzheimer's
  • newer research indicates microchimeric cells, other bi-directional exchanges of DNA, chromosomes, and other bodily material between fetus and mother (including with "unrelated" gestational surrogates)

Occasional complications and side effects:

• complications of episiotomy
  • spousal/partner abuse
  • hyperemesis gravidarum
  • temporary and permanent injury to back
  • severe scarring requiring later surgery (especially after additional pregnancies)
  • dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
  • pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
  • eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
  • gestational diabetes
  • placenta previa
  • anemia (which can be life-threatening)
  • thrombocytopenic purpura
  • severe cramping
  • embolism (blood clots)
  • medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
  • diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
  • mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
  • serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
  • hormonal imbalance
  • ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
  • broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone")
  • hemorrhage and
  • numerous other complications of delivery
  • refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
  • aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
  • severe post-partum depression and psychosis
  • research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
  • research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
  • research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease

Less common (but serious) complications:

• peripartum cardiomyopathy
  • cardiopulmonary arrest
  • magnesium toxicity
  • severe hypoxemia/acidosis
  • massive embolism
  • increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
  • molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease (like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
  • malignant arrhythmia
  • circulatory collapse
  • placental abruption
  • obstetric fistula

More permanent side effects:

• future infertility
  • permanent disability
  • death.

Source

Pregnancy is difficult so lets kill the baby; that decision has become too easy for people.

Besides, Abortion isn't risk free and I fail to see how it can be less dangerous than a natural pregnancy.

Lets make Abortions last resort as they should be.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster:

Yep, lots of danger in an abortion -- for sure. Which is why it's something not lightly taken on. I posted only for education's sake.

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It's what I believe so why wouldn't it be. Of course it might be nice if everyone agreed with me, because it is what I believe is right. Also I said it was personnel too, are you trying to start something?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: It's what I believe so why wouldn't it be. Of course it might be nice if everyone agreed with me, because it is what I believe is right. Also I said it was personnel too, are you trying to start something?

Defensive much? I was just asking questions in order to understand your position and who you are as a person. If that is too far out of your comfort zone, perhaps you shouldn't post your opinion in a thread about a particularly controversial topic.

In any case, making laws based on one religion is absolutely absurd and it infringes on the rights of people of other religious belief.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By TazzMission

its one of those things that isnt easy to debate really because if it was it wouldve been handheld decades ago. your asking about a persons right of choice vs a religions point of view and sadly itll never get solved

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Sorry, I just didn't really want to have this discussion right now. But as I have stated before I am pro life, for religious and personal reasons. My parents have had three miscarriages and I just don't agree that people should willingly kill a person. It is what I believe is the right thing, America started as a great place founded by the founding fathers.

They had beliefs that today have been thrown out the window for Miley Cyrus, drugs, etc. America or the world has been on a downhill slope for I guess forever. More standards keep being thrown out the window, take Bibles out of classrooms kids bring guns in. I do not agree with abortion or a lot of other things that happen in the world today.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Erik

@explodingpineapple: Those are some rather narrow views that have nothing to do with this topic. Why is it that Christians insist on doing absolutely no research and making completely false claims? The Bible doesn't prevent anyone from killing anything. Have you ever been to any city riddled with gang violence? How much do you want to bet that the ignorant gang-bangers shooting up playgrounds are religious and of firm conviction? Would you like me to present you with all the atrocities done in the name of your god? It's really a quick Google search away, so it would be no real problem for me. Taking the bible out of the classroom is the cause of our problems? Your ignorance offends me far more than your political bend.

As for the actual topic, abortion is not killing of a person. It is the abortion of a fetus. The removal of a parasite. If someone were to infect you with a parasite, you would think it absurd to not have the option to remove it, wouldn't you? I'm sure you would feel your rights violated if you were forced to let the parasite ravage your body. If you want to carry a pregnancy to term, whatever but you don't have the right to refuse medical options to those that don't share your incredibly archaic views.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

It's the individuals choice

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-Life here.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: While I am on your side in this, you may want to cease referring to fetuses as parasites. This hurts your case as it dehumanizes your position. If you are going to make a pro-choice argument try and stick it to conservatives by making their position hypocritical. Ask them how it is possible that they can decry things like the Affordable Care Act, which is an unwanted government intrusion according to them, and then deny women the same freedom from unwanted government intrusion that their pro-life agenda requires. This makes them have to choose between being hypocrites or being wrong. It creates an awesome win win for us.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-life all the way, Pro-life is just a beautiful homerun that allows someone new to experience everything, and much more, that you have had the privilege to take part in. Honestly most people take life for granted, if a baby ever had a conciousness while it was in the womb and you asked it if it wanted to live I'm positive it would say yes, 10/10.

There really are not many exceptions to this, its your opinion so you will argue contrary to this, but in my own opinion pro-life is a good way to go.

explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I am not saying taking bibles out of classrooms is the only problem. I also know that the bible doesn't say no killing ever. The are wars written off in the bible. To tell you something else anyone can say that they are Christian but that doesn't mean they really always are.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Erik

@diredrill said:

@erik: While I am on your side in this, you may want to cease referring to fetuses as parasites. This hurts your case as it dehumanizes your position. If you are going to make a pro-choice argument try and stick it to conservatives by making their position hypocritical. Ask them how it is possible that they can decry things like the Affordable Care Act, which is an unwanted government intrusion according to them, and then deny women the same freedom from unwanted government intrusion that their pro-life agenda requires. This makes them have to choose between being hypocrites or being wrong. It creates an awesome win win for us.

True. I suppose I'm just used to thinking of it in medical terms.

@explodingpineapple said:

@erik: I am not saying taking bibles out of classrooms is the only problem. I also know that the bible doesn't say no killing ever. The are wars written off in the bible. To tell you something else anyone can say that they are Christian but that doesn't mean they really always are.

Isn't that convenient. A Christian does something bad, well then they must not be Christians because a real Christian doesn't do bad things.

Do you really think making abortion illegal will do anything to stop women from aborting unwanted pregnancies anyway? No, absolutely not. I have friends that are a year ahead of me and doing internships at hospitals already. There are plenty of stories of women throwing themselves down a flight of stairs, having someone punch their stomachs that causes hemorrhages, or they starve themselves to intentionally miscarry, or even most dangerously, they'll take the hangar-baby route. That is the future of a state or country that outlaws abortion. A whole lot of women dying because of ignorance that causes an impingement of rights. As a future medical practitioner, all I can really say is that because of what is stated above, making abortions illegal is probably the least Christian thing that could ever be done on the matter.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Pro-choice

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-choice

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Don't attack Christians attack their concept of an all-knowing, all-loving God. Think about it, God is said to know the number of hairs on your head and everything about you from before you ever existed, before your parents ever got together. Extrapolate that out further and we find that God also knows which babies will be aborted, which babies will have awful lives, and which babies will never see him as their one true god and thus be condemned to hell. Since everything happens according to God's plan, this means that he specifically created babies to be aborted, he created babies to live horrible awful lives, and he created babies to condemn to hell. There is another side of this, God put a loophole into the system that would allow anyone who was without knowledge of sin instant admittance into heaven. This means that every aborted baby gets a free ticket into heaven without having to go through the awful part of living with us heathens and potentially being condemned to hell. God is very much so pro-choice why else would He have designed a perfect means of absolution? Trying to suggest otherwise just flies in the face of His plan and makes the Pro-Life Christians nothing more than false prophets. Why else is there no mention of a stance on abortion in the Bible?