#51 Posted by Lvenger (20744 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro Choice. The mother should get the final say on whether she wants an abortion or not and if the baby risks the mother's life, that's a definite case for abortion IMO.

#52 Posted by laflux (16811 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@lykopis said:

I am against ANTI-CHOICE -- I am for PRO-CHOICE!

Unrestricted and free and safe abortions for all and a societal environment that lends itself to it being a rare event due to unrestricted and free sex education/contraceptives.

WOOO!

This. So much this <3

Yep I agree, underlining what I did, because I feel is really important in tackling unwanted pregnancies .

As well as having Leprechauns in people's pants. That's an obvious mandate :P

#53 Edited by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Now if you can teach those Leprechauns to perform surgery...you could be onto a real money spinner O__O

#54 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@laflux: Now if you can teach those Leprechauns to perform surgery...you could be onto a real money spinner O__O

Ha ha ha ha!

#55 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not a surprise to those who know me here on CV but I would fall into the pro-life category. I will refrain from any opining per the desire of the thread creator.

#56 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. For the ones saying that it's the woman's body, if she didn't want the bastard to be the father of her child, why did she drop her panties for him?

This type of heated rhetoric is quite counter-productive and only reinforces the negative stereotypes people have of conservatives and those in the pro-life camp.

And by the way it would be the child born outside of marriage which would be defined by the term bastard. Just sayin'.

#57 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

Abortion is murder, plain and simple. For the ones saying that it's the woman's body, if she didn't want the bastard to be the father of her child, why did she drop her panties for him?

This type of heated rhetoric is quite counter-productive and only reinforces the negative stereotypes people have of conservatives and those in the pro-life camp.

And by the way it would be the child born outside of marriage which would be defined by the term bastard. Just sayin'.

Are you a conservative? Just wondering.

#58 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: my overall opinion on the matter is not overly different to the majority here, however this justification is completely wrong IMO. If the people involved (and it is always people, not just a woman) didn't want the responsibility of a child, they shouldn't have had Sex to begin with. Actions have consequences and children are one of them when it comes to sexual activity. The "it's my body, my choice" argument is the single most selfish, immature, ego-centric argument for anything ever.

I am not talking about the mother being in danger, or rape, or even when the babies own life is in question as this argument doesn't pertain to those scenarios. This argument explicitly exists when the choice to have Sex was made consensually by both parties and then one feels they have additional rights - no. It was a joint decision to begin with, it's a joint decision to the end. I've been in this scenario and know what being a teen parent entails but at the end of the day, if you can't deal with the repercussions, keep your pants on (both genders). It's not her body that is the issue and that the choice is being made against - the choice is being made against a life, someone who given the chance could end up being an amazing contribution to the human race.

Prematurely ending a life as a means of contraception shows how degraded our society has become and just how poorly we view life at all. Cells, foetus, embryo, baby - no matter how you define it, it is a miracle (scientific understanding of the process doesn't negate this and i'm not being religious in my use) and should be treasured and treated/viewed as such. Instead we rationalise it down fulfilling the ego and only serving the individual. Should abortion be legal? Yes, since no one can judge another person in a specific situation. Should it be common and easy to do without consequence or guidelines to police it it? IMO, no, as individuals show they're unable to police themselves very well, and society doesn't seem to care.

It's also a topic that should never be treated lightly or trivialised by petty excuses and selfish argument. There's too much at stake and a bad decision can have many unseen consequences.

#59 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: my overall opinion on the matter is not overly different to the majority here, however this justification is completely wrong IMO. If the people involved (and it is always people, not just a woman) didn't want the responsibility of a child, they shouldn't have had Sex to begin with. Actions have consequences and children are one of them when it comes to sexual activity. The "it's my body, my choice" argument is the single most selfish, immature, ego-centric argument for anything ever.

I am not talking about the mother being in danger, or rape, or even when the babies own life is in question as this argument doesn't pertain to those scenarios. This argument explicitly exists when the choice to have Sex was made consensually by both parties and then one feels they have additional rights - no. It was a joint decision to begin with, it's a joint decision to the end. I've been in this scenario and know what being a teen parent entails but at the end of the day, if you can't deal with the repercussions, keep your pants on (both genders). It's not her body that is the issue and that the choice is being made against - the choice is being made against a life, someone who given the chance could end up being an amazing contribution to the human race.

Prematurely ending a life as a means of contraception shows how degraded our society has become and just how poorly we view life at all. Cells, foetus, embryo, baby - no matter how you define it, it is a miracle (scientific understanding of the process doesn't negate this and i'm not being religious in my use) and should be treasured and treated/viewed as such. Instead we rationalise it down fulfilling the ego and only serving the individual. Should abortion be legal? Yes, since no one can judge another person in a specific situation. Should it be common and easy to do without consequence or guidelines to police it it? IMO, no, as individuals show they're unable to police themselves very well, and society doesn't seem to care.

It's also a topic that should never be treated lightly or trivialised by petty excuses and selfish argument. There's too much at stake and a bad decision can have many unseen consequences.

There is such a thing called contraception. Which stops a woman from getting pregnant. No contraceptives are really 100 percent, they aren't always guaranteed to work. No one should be forced to have a child they never intended or wanted to have. It is as simple as that. It is their body and their choice. Don't like it? Well tough. It is. A person has a right to do what they wish with their own body weather you like it or not. That is not a factor since its not your body.

It doesn't show how degraded how our society has become at all. Just how we have moved on. For the better. In the window for when abortion is legal that is when the "baby". They aren't human yet. That is the whole point of having the time limit there.

#60 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

When does life (human) start?

#61 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-choice.

#62 Posted by theviperrko (369 posts) - - Show Bio

It is cruel and condemed by God it should never exist in the first place.

#63 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

What if a woman's life is in danger and could not survive the birthing process?

#64 Posted by theviperrko (369 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: then the lord gives her a break!

Are there any written prescription on the scriptures to back your claim?

#66 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

So what if a woman is raped. And becomes pregnant. She should be forced to have the baby who's dad raped her?

#67 Posted by Strider92 (16731 posts) - - Show Bio

On the one hand I support it becase it kills children but on the other hand I don't because it gives women a choice!

JOKES JOKES don't lose ya rags but in all seriousness i'm Pro-choice.

#68 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who knows my views on gender should know I'm very much pro-choice, although I would disapprove of aborting a viable fetus unless it was threatening the mother's life.

#69 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who knows my views on gender should know I'm very much pro-choice, although I would disapprove of aborting a viable fetus unless it was threatening the mother's life.

What if the fetus is viable and the mother is not, who should survive?

#70 Posted by russellmania77 (15672 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: would it matter? The mother would die either way

The mother will survive if she did not go through with the pregnancy.

#72 Posted by russellmania77 (15672 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by russellmania77 (15672 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: If the mother is going to die, save at least one life.

#76 Posted by ARMIV2 (8679 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pretty much against it. Try as I might I just can't agree with it.

#77 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been told that using lubricant is not favorable.

#78 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my choice to make.

#79 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I don't really like it.

But I reckon it ain't my place to decide for some woman who's been a whorin'.

#80 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a call today from an NPO for Pro-Life and basically told them this is not an important issue and it's best if the government has no role in deciding for individuals. The call ended abruptly.

#81 Posted by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro Life EASILY. Because anything else is just murder. Now if there are unusual circumstances to the pregnancy then I agree its up the person. The choice was made when the two partners had sex that this could happen.

#82 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. Otherwise, be prepared for the consequences. It ain't the babies fault that you felt like having unprotected sex.

#83 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@theviperrko said:

Can you give me God's number? For some reason I lost it when I switched to Sprint.

Not my choice to make.

Bingo.

#84 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Choice

#85 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11515 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the procedure disgusting, but I'm pro choice

#86 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

@jointron33 said:

True liberals would probably say I was. True conservatives would probably say I wasn't.

It also would depend upon what you mean when you use the term conservative.

Theologically I consider myself to be conservative but theological conservatives would probably say I wasn't.

I guess it comes down to a case by case consideration.

Politically I would say along a spectrum I am conservative just past the center line.

=)

#87 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean I paid for a few, but I wouldn't call myself a pro.

#88 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@kuonphobos said:

@jointron33 said:

True liberals would probably say I was. True conservatives would probably say I wasn't.

It also would depend upon what you mean when you use the term conservative.

Theologically I consider myself to be conservative but theological conservatives would probably say I wasn't.

I guess it comes down to a case by case consideration.

Politically I would say along a spectrum I am conservative just past the center line.

=)

I see. I was asking more in line with politics. So you vote conservative then?

#89 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

I think abortion should happen before conception.

#90 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I see. I was asking more in line with politics. So you vote conservative then?

Not always but I guess "yes" in a way. What I mean is that I don't vote Democratic Party at all. Overall there is just too much which I disagree with. However I also don't always vote Republican either. Sometimes I just abstain like in the last Presidential election.

At the core I am quite aligned with the Libertarians but that option hasn't really been viable until recently.

#91 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I see. I was asking more in line with politics. So you vote conservative then?

Not always but I guess "yes" in a way. What I mean is that I don't vote Democratic Party at all. Overall there is just too much which I disagree with. However I also don't always vote Republican either. Sometimes I just abstain like in the last Presidential election.

At the core I am quite aligned with the Libertarians but that option hasn't really been viable until recently.

I see. Hmm.

Fair enough.

#92 Edited by laflux (16811 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I am against ANTI-CHOICE -- I am for PRO-CHOICE!

Unrestricted and free and safe abortions for all and a societal environment that lends itself to it being a rare event due to unrestricted and free sex education/contraceptives.

WOOO!

Repeating what needs to be said.

#93 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

There obviously needs to be flexibility for the matter. The trauma from rape must be tough, so in this sense I'm sure most people would be in favor of such a thing.

The real problem is that things do go wrong in sex.

lets be realistic. Sex amongst everyone is common. It happens and we need to be able to accept it. It's natural, and sometimes things go "wrong." Now, in one sense, we can coldly say that a person just shouldn't have sex. This is the most trivial idea, with the possibility of conception being completely zero. However, it must also be understood that hormones are powerful deciders in what we do. This obviously doesn't mean one should condone rape because the rapist is horny, but when two people are in love (or think they are) and the feelings are mutual and consensual, hormones can certainly take control of us. We've all been there ( I think).

If we allow abortions, there WILL need to be restrictions. Maybe a limit on the frequency of one; possibly once every 2 years. I mean, if you don't learn your lesson the first time, then maybe the child is what the person needs to grow the heck up.

#94 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5533 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro Choice

#95 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro choice.

#96 Edited by Jonez120 (4724 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the other one get locked?

I am not putting my opinion though, because I don't want people to think of me differently.

#97 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120 said:

Didn't the other one get locked?

I am not putting my opinion though, because I don't want people to think of me differently.

It got locked because this one was open.

#98 Posted by Jonez120 (4724 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by explodingpineapple (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Life.

#100 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio