#2 Posted by JediXMan (32146 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it. I can't blame the cops; they couldn't know. The gun looked real enough.

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why you need the little orange thing at the end. Everyone complains about those, but they're important.

#4 Posted by one_upper (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I too cannot blame the cops. The kid appeared to be armed with a deadly weapon and acting erratically, refusing to lower the gun or give it up after being asked multiple times by administrators and police.

#5 Posted by ThexX (1606 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_upper said:

I too cannot blame the cops. The kid appeared to be armed with a deadly weapon and acting erratically, refusing to lower the gun or give it up after being asked multiple times by administrators and police.

Agreed

#6 Posted by spystreak (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have done the same thing as the cops that pellet gun looked real enough but what was this kid thinking that he was going to win a gun fight with a pellet gun that fires a 6mm bb I've been shot by an airsoft it hurts but it's not deadly it doesn't even break the skin the kid was stupid and in the end his stupidity killed him

#7 Posted by one_upper (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

@spystreak said:

I would have done the same thing as the cops that pellet gun looked real enough but what was this kid thinking that he was going to win a gun fight with a pellet gun that fires a 6mm bb I've been shot by an airsoft it hurts but it's not deadly it doesn't even break the skin the kid was stupid and in the end his stupidity killed him

My assumption based on what I've gathered is that it was possibly a suicide by cops situation, for what reason i have no clue.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (32146 posts) - - Show Bio
@one_upper said:

@spystreak said:

My assumption based on what I've gathered is that it was possibly a suicide by cops situation, for what reason i have no clue.

That's what I gathered from the whole thing, which was a shame. I feel bad for the kid and the cops.
#9 Edited by _Zombie_ (10551 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_upper said:

@spystreak said:

It's the most probable reason, considering he brought a very realistic-looking gun to school and pointed it at law enforcement officers, completely disregarding any warnings to drop the weapon. I feel bad for the kid and his parents, but the cops were in the right here.

#10 Posted by redhood21 (833 posts) - - Show Bio

As a guy trying to get into law enforcement ive met alot of cops. some who have killed and some who havnt. My dad and uncles were cops. Nobody wants to shoot anybody and you feel terrible when you do. Kids with pellet guns is a cops worst nightmare. often when youre sent on response to an event where a kid has a pellet gun the caller just says kid with a gun walking around or deadly weapon. (lots of callers think hype = guaranteed response). In those situations thats all they know is that there is A gun not if its fake/real/automatic/made of cheese. So in those seconds where you confront someone with a gun you have to make a life/death decision in mere seconds. Often theres no time to decide lot of kids make the mistake o turning the gun towards the cop or rasing it (i was always told to just drop it if cops come its not worth your life). Its terrible, but no cop looks for or gets high fives after a kill certainly not after shooting a kid.

Should it have happened no...but its easy for us to play monday morning qauterback. P.s. im so glad to see everybody supports cops here!

#11 Posted by Rudyftw (996 posts) - - Show Bio

F*CK THE POLICE.

#12 Posted by SuperTide (15723 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Saw it. I can't blame the cops; they couldn't know. The gun looked real enough.

#13 Posted by redhood21 (833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rudyftw said:

F*CK THE POLICE.

Many women do :)

#14 Posted by Larkin1388 (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@one_upper said:

@spystreak said:

It's the most probable reason, considering he brought a very realistic-looking gun to school and pointed it at law enforcement officers, completely disregarding any warnings to drop the weapon. I feel bad for the kid and his parents, but the cops were in the right here.

Agreed

#15 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why if you want to bring a gun to school for show and tell and to look cool, you bring one of these. 

#16 Posted by one_upper (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Not funny.

But i'm laughing.

#17 Posted by jloneblackheart (5860 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: Not to mention, some real criminals will paint real guns to appear as fake ones. You have a split second to assess the situation. This kid had the chance to lower his weapon and follow police orders.

I think this was a cop assisted suicide.

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8563 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Don't blame the cops.

You going to bring a realistic looking gun to school and point it at the cops? You're just pretty much asking for it.

#19 Posted by Rudyftw (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

@Rudyftw said:

F*CK THE POLICE.

Many women do :)

So do many men :)

#20 Posted by redhood21 (833 posts) - - Show Bio

you know it! oh dammit!

#21 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

The cops do seem to be in the right here. It's not like they just pulled up and started spraying suspicious-looking kids will bullets. I think what needs to be investigated is what led this obviously disturbed kid down this path.