Police getting out of hand.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Am I the only person who believes police are abusing their abilites to the point where they think they can do anything and get away with it. After looking at many instances of them targeting young or sometime older males with no indication of a crime other than they "look suspicous". I also believe it's racists to black people, because they're the ones mostly targeted. Being a black male myself makes it even more offensive. I even watched a video where a grown dog tried to protect it's owner, but in return was left filled with bullets, and crying painfully on the streets. While everyone was shocked and mad about the police doing so. Imagine that happening to your dog, wouldn't that leave you with hate for them. The dog was doing right anways. So how do you guys feel about this subject?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree, but the police have always been that way so...

Gwahlur_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gwahlur_Rising

I don't think it's about a problem "getting worse." It the same with a lot of horrible things that are now coming to light: the ubiquitous nature of recording equipment and the sheer societal saturation of the internet simply mean that a lot of abuses that wouldn't have been heard of outside of their area of immediate impact are now finding a global audience. Technology has given us an unprecedented tool for the sharing of knowledge, and I think the most important lesson that we're learning from it is that humanity, as a species, is pretty awful.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_liberty

I don't think so. Mistakes are made, and sometimes the wrong people are hired for the wrong jobs, but aside from that the police seem pretty even handed in America.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

They had to deal with a lot of nasty sh*t in their hands. No wonder why they can't afford to be nice all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say all police are like that. There are a hand full of nice police officers I have encountered. I have seen the video you were referring to and it was painful to watch. But yeah, sometimes the power gets to their heads...well it can get to anyone's head I think. They use excessive force in unnecessary situations. I see no reason to judo slam a elderly man when he is clearly harmless. But then again, in their line of work, they can never be too careful. Small mistakes can cost their life. I don't know if I just contradicted myself or not o.0

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard, because i mean there are some police that follow the rules dealing with nasty shit and people still treat them poorly. A cop arrests someone who is clearly acting belligerent and they get called pigs and whatever. I see all these people who have statuses or repeating the phrase "Free (insert friends name here)." why so they can go out and act like fools again.

There are bad cops just like there are bad people...job gets to them i guess. it just sucks because if and when there are bad cops they are harder to take down and even prove t hey are acting out of line.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't generalize law enforcement like that, but I have seen police take things way too far in person.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people who said I'm targeting all police officers, I'm not. Just the ones who are letting the power go to there heads, and are doing wrong. Which is still a portion to be suprised by.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people who said I'm targeting all police officers, I'm not.

I am

No Caption Provided

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Police have always been abusing their power.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Police have been abusing their power for centuries, it's nothing new. They're a legalized gang.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I agree with the idea that there are good and there are bad police officers.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Police have been doing fo---

The Police have always been abusing their power.

Police have been abusing their power for centuries, it's nothing new. They're a legalized gang.

Nevermind these guys already covered that

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some do, but most don't. The ones that do give a really bad reputation to the good ones. I personally respect and trust everyone on the police force.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go to Mexico or Brazil.. Or come here to the Philippines... Any 3rd world country.. Hell, even 1st world china's red guard... You'll see how corruption in the law enforcement really is.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, I see all these people b!+ching about police, but as soon as things go bad who do you call.

When bad things happen people always run away from it, like shootings or robberies. It's the police who run into those situations to handle it. Take away the police from this country for even a week and see how bad things really get.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

America is a police state, it baffles me how a nations people can be so obsessed with secondary stuff. Instead of actually focusing on important things like the police abusing their power or how the government invading your personal life.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By russellmania77

Man ____ the police!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Power corrupts. Look at the Rodney King incident.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@bogey said:
@thundergodswrath said:

For the people who said I'm targeting all police officers, I'm not.

I am

No Caption Provided

..................................................................................................................

le meme comic XD

obviously the end-all be-all of political thought

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MonsterStomp

"There is no one more full of shit than a cop" - William Constigan Jr (Leonardo DiCaprio) from The Departed

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Never respected much cops.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here come the animal activists. Those cops are going to become a humiliation.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By thespideyguy

That's why we can't take away our guns.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nickthedevil

Corruption will always be around.

There's more good than bad in the world.

But the news won't show you the good things policemen and women do everyday. Instead they'll jump at the chance to uncover every dirty cop they can.

Fact of the matter is there's alot that commit to being a damn good policeman. And put their lives on the line almost daily in some places.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I love people who hate cops.

One minute they call them pigs and say f*ck the police.

The next they praise them when a cop saves a life or stops a robbery or whatnot, everyone praises them and calls them heroes.

It sucks, but corruption will always be around. I rather have cops around, with some being corrupt, than none at all.

Grow up people. And take off your diapers.

Take your ass to a 3rd world country and see how you like law enforcement there. Then you will come crying back to America. No one understands how good we have it here. They just bitch and complain. Yes, lots of cops are corrupt, it's a damn shame, but sadly there really isn't much you can do about it.

Cops are necessary. Get over it.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By giantsfan576
@biteme_fanboy said:

The next they praise them when a cop saves a life or stops a robbery or whatnot, everyone praises them and calls them heroes.

It sucks, but corruption will always be around. I rather have cops around, with some being corrupt, than none at all.

Take your ass to a 3rd world country and see how you like law enforcement there. Then you will come crying back to America. No one understands how good we have it here. They just bitch and complain. Yes, lots of cops are corrupt, it's a damn shame, but sadly there really isn't much you can do about it.

No Caption Provided

Far more likely that a cop will kill someone, unjustified, themselves and rob people in indirect ways, then prevent the two. And no, cops are not necessary. If there was no government there would be private protection services that you could hire, not to mention carry a gun yourself and be a man. Saying take off your diapers is very ironic in that sense, only the weak think cops are actually necessary. I'd rather have there just be a mafia to be honest, if they sent out a hit, and the hitman killed the wrong guy unintentionally, perhaps a kid by mistake, they kill that hitman. They don't look the other way. At least they're honorable. Also:

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATMAN

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amen Brother. Amen. Without police people would be making laws as they see fit. Distributing justice as they see fit. I appreciate the people who solve murders, stop drugs etc. A FEW are bad. But i'll take my police over Mexico, South America, Iraq, India etc. They not perfect but neither are we.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

Amen Brother. Amen. Without police people would be making laws as they see fit. Distributing justice as they see fit. I appreciate the people who solve murders, stop drugs etc. A FEW are bad. But i'll take my police over Mexico, South America, Iraq, India etc. They not perfect but neither are we.

No. That's it. Seriously people would not make laws as they see fit. They'd worry about themselves, and what good is stopping drugs? Should someone go to prison for 30 years for growing pot plants on their own private property? Really? And that's not a "few bad cops" that's all of them, authorization from our beloved government.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@awesam said:

Some do, but most don't. The ones that do give a really bad reputation to the good ones. I personally respect and trust everyone on the police force.

I am not going to go out of my way posting another long paragraph nuancing my answer. This sums it up nicely. For every one misdeed there are 100 that do the right thing. But you don't hear about them because they are just doing what they are entrusted to do.

Police are like all humans: most good, some bad. The some bad just get all the attention.

CHUCKY69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate cops. They question people for no reason when they could be worrying about better things. Thats why when i hear cops get shot, it don't bother me a bit. Because alot of times cops rear there heads where it doesnt beling so they ask for it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: Seriously people would not make laws as they see fit. They'd worry about themselves

and many people believe that taking care of themselves means taking from you. Even with the fear of police people still murder, kill, kidnap, rape, molest etc. you take away police and those numbers multiple. America is WAY to big to let people govern themselves.

Should someone go to prison for 30 years for growing pot plants on their own private property?

No but i've never heard of a person getting 30 years for growing pot. Can you post a news article where that happened? And you know the penalty so if you take the chance that is YOUR FAULT.

authorization from our beloved government.

One of the best governments in the world

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

I am not going to go out of my way posting another long paragraph nuancing my answer. This sums it up nicely. For every one misdeed there are 100 that do the right thing. But you don't hear about them because they are just doing what they are entrusted to do.

Police are like all humans: most good, some bad. The some bad just get all the attention.

QFT

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Lalalalala I have opinions about policemen also, ones that are different from some people's yet distinctly similar to other people's, because I have personalized political ideas on how the world needs to be run. DEAL WITH IT. AWW YEAH. DEAL RIGHT WITH IT. BECAUSE I AM RIGHT... AND YOU AREN'T.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all are bad but when they are its over the top

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Oh my God I just turned into SC. My God. What is happening.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Oh my God I just turned into SC. My God. What is happening.

Your post was about 4 pages short to be like SC

ImTheBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like my local sherrifs, it's the state trooper that will screw you.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lol at people saying cops aren't necessary and we should all run around carrying guns with no laws.

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @pooty: My fault for doing something harmless on my own property?

giantsfan576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By giantsfan576

@pooty: Yes I'll post the article when I get home but seriously doing something harmless on my personal private property and going to jail

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@thundergodswrath: i have no problem with police doing their job and investigating suspicious people. as for the racist towards black people bit, statistics back up their reasons to be careful, not racist. oh and generalization is stupid.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it shocking due to a few bad apples some in here generalize each officer with a broad stroak. like someone mentioned while we run from bullets and badguys they RUN INTO THE FREY to protect and serve the community... shame so many of you are blind sheep to this nonsense

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantsfan576: Weed is not vital to most peoples life. Weed is legal for people with certain medical conditions.I agree it shouldn't be illegal. but I'm not gonna bitch about it. it's not that important. Grow another crop. People make it seem like they need pot like they need water. You can't have everything you want. If they made broccoli illegal people wouldn't complain this bad.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh. I don't like Cops. The idea of Police is a really good one to be honest, but the people that they hire, I'm honestly not sure where some of them come from. The idea of police isn't the problem it's the fact that people run this system. Idk if robots would do a better job. Not sure.

I find it shocking due to a few bad apples some in here generalize each officer with a broad stroak. like someone mentioned while we run from bullets and badguys they RUN INTO THE FREY to protect and serve the community... shame so many of you are blind sheep to this nonsense

That's what they're paid for.