Police Brutality Who's Fault Is It Really

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MenaceForever2

I personally believe that it depends on what's happening. If the cop is not being put in any physical harm I think they should use something non-lethal. When I say non-lethal I don't mean things like tasers and pepper spray. I mean a little shove to the wall. Does anyone remember a man named Oscar Grant. In 2009 a BART police officer shot and killed him for resisting arrest. Things like this is purely the cops fault. Now why do I bring Oscar up specificly. Well that's because my father knew him believe it or not. I can't say how my dad knew him because I don't want my dad to get arrested. Anyway, what do you guys think about it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Its completely dependent on the situation

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DocFatalis

Are you sure this should be debated on a comics forum?

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MenaceForever2

Nobody visits this forum anymore I decided to spice it up with some new SH!t.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Funrush

@DocFatalis said:

Are you sure this should be debated on a comics forum?

Yeah, this should be in off topic.

(Troll face slowly grows)

It really should, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@menaceforever said:

I personally believe that it depends on what's happening. If the cop is not being put in any physical harm I think they should use something non-lethal. When I say non-lethal I don't mean things like tasers and pepper spray. I mean a little shove to the wall. Does anyone remember a man named Oscar Grant. In 2009 a BART police officer shot and killed him for resisting arrest. Things like this is purely the cops fault. Now why do I bring Oscar up specificly. Well that's because my father knew him believe it or not. I can't say how my dad knew him because I don't want my dad to get arrested. Anyway, what do you guys think about it.

Your father was/is about that life, huh? Interesting.

TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMinister

Well around here, a police officer shot a wiener dog for simply barking at him on the peoples porch when he pulled up to a house for a check up. I dont know if that ties into this. I understand if it is a pitbull who is charging at you but a wiener dog, who is sitting on the porch away from you just barking? That is messed up.

In some occasions, it can be a mix of the cop and the person. But in other cases, its the cop. On Youtube, a woman drove into a public area because she did not know if the cop was a real cop. She was in an abandoned area at the time the sirens went on but she felt unsafe so she continued to a highway. Then the police dragged the woman out of the car and beat her a couple times to the ground. I believe she was a fairly old woman.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Nobody visits this forum anymore? There are like 60,000 users.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#9  Edited By Joygirl

Guns really shouldn't be involved unless you're going in against hardened criminals or the perp has a gun. Tazers/pepper spray are plenty effective and don't accidentally get normal people murdered. But what do I know.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Malonius

I'd say two things. First, the majority of the reasons that people have a negative view of the cops and why cops are in so many dangerous or violent situations is because of the War on Drugs. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work and neither is the prohibition of recreational drugs. It's just caused a giant black market full of money and guns. Second, cops don't seem to understand how to deal with demonstrators and civil disobedience. Maybe they don't care if the laws they're enforcing are just or not. Maybe it's just a job for them and maybe they even like beating up people.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Malonius

Also this should be moved to the Off Topic forum.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By joshuagamer

i agree with the above statement- a lot of the time i do think it starts with the cops

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Swagger462

It couldn't be more simple. Your job as a police officer is to enforce the law. There is no grey area. Do the job properly or get a new job. If someone insults a cop he can fine them or lock them up for the night or whatever is protocol in your area. If they assault a cop then the cop can use reasonable force to subdue the criminal. If they do anything that is considered police brutality by the courts than it is their fault every time. If it was anyone else there is a grey area but if your job is specifically to enforce the law there is no excuse for acting outside of it.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@cattlebattle said:
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By utotheg38

Sh!t getting real In the off topic thread

( o___o)

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By lagoon_boy

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

KingAweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KingAweSam

@Joygirl said:

Guns really shouldn't be involved unless you're going in against hardened criminals or the perp has a gun. Tazers/pepper spray are plenty effective and don't accidentally get normal people murdered. But what do I know.

So, you should wait until someone pulls a gun on you? Smart... Tasers do kill, it's a been an issue for years.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By 0n1zuka

@lagoon_boy said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I'd say that he was talking about the particular forum he started this thread in, which I assume was General Discussion.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By krilling

When the cop shoves him/her than he does his job. There's nothing wrong with that. Beating or harrasing the victim is the bullcrap what's offending.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Most of the time it's the cops. You have your racist cops, scared nervous cops, over aggressive just got out of the military guys, and your guys that were cowards before they got out of the academy and now they're the hardest thing on the street because someone finally has their back and they have a HUGE chip on their shoulders. I have family and friends in law enforcement and I've asked this question to them plenty of times.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

My bad let me also clarify there are plenty of good cops that treat people with respect even when some of them don't deserve it and really need fire smacked outta their @ss!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By InnerVenom123

@cattlebattle said: