• 148 results
#51 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait you can get previous gen pokemon?

The Kalos pokedex is massive, and you can get first gen starters as well as Kalos starters. You start out with 1 Kalos starter and 1 Kanto starter.

#52 Posted by Your_Friendly_Azn (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Just FYI you obtain a Lucario through the story:| it holds the mega stone~ I trained a Riolu for nothing ;o

#53 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by Kthanid (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer:

Well there's nothing wrong with it and for the technology it promises at $4 a year, it's a steal. I just want to start totally fresh with XY. Back in the days of link cables and infared only, it was rare to have an amazing tournament level team. You had to find a perfect roll of a Pokemon then go through the daunting task of old school EV training. It really separated the boys from the men so to speak. Now with the combination of GTS and super training, you can make any Pokemon well above yesteryear's average competitor. I used to hold on to my old Pokemon because I needed certain ones and after so many games, you develop a bond with them as cheesy as it sounds. But now instead of holding on to something like that through the bank, I can broaden my horizons to so many others I haven't put as much into before and come up with more interesting combos. For me it's not so much about the endgame as it is the journey. Instead of having a crazy team of ubers that are impossible to beat, I can come up with a way to say yeah that was MY beast of a bidoof that just swept your team lol. Poke bank would make me want to hold on too much instead of trying something new

#55 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

The image of Mime Jr. Beating a dragon like Rayquaza makes me laugh.

Fear it! Fear it!!!!

#56 Posted by Vitalius (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Poison because the way of killing fairies in myths is by using poison and steel due to myth creatures are often destroyed by metals.

#57 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, this game is killing my social life and school notes.

Lol, combine pokemon with your social life and join pokemon club! Thats what I'm doing with some of my friends.

@vitalius said:

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Poison because the way of killing fairies in myths is by using poison and steel due to myth creatures are often destroyed by metals.

Oh, makes a little more sense. But what about them being super effective against dragons, dark, and fighting? I know they were created to be super effective against dragons but any reasoning behind it?

#59 Edited by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

@thefirstlantern said:

Wait you can get previous gen pokemon?

The Kalos pokedex is massive, and you can get first gen starters as well as Kalos starters. You start out with 1 Kalos starter and 1 Kanto starter.

Yeah, I was actually shocked at how many pre-Gen Pokemon were in this game, even before the National Pokedex. It was nice that they incorporated so many different Pokemon in one game and just goes to show how vast the world of Pokemon has become.

#60 Posted by noj (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

Im LOVING this game so far my only problem with it is that I have too many Pokemon I want on my team. That and the Mystery Gift Blaziken is serioulsy OP. I always like to have my starter be my highest level Pokemon but due to Torchic gaining bonus EXP even with me hardly using him he was always a level or two ahead of my Froakie. I'll probably end up dropping him in the PC for special occasions and raise the Tyrunt I was raising until I dropped it for Lucario.

#61 Posted by xlab3000 (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Just asking why do they always split the games into 2 parts? HeartGold & SoulSiver, Black & White. Is it about money or something else?

#62 Posted by Your_Friendly_Azn (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

Just asking why do they always split the games into 2 parts? HeartGold & SoulSiver, Black & White. Is it about money or something else?

It's money. Definitely money.

#63 Posted by xlab3000 (3333 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Mega Alakazam be an actual character in the new show. That would be awesome~

#66 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by xlab3000 (3333 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by xlab3000 (3333 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the new evolution scene remind anyone of digivoling?

#71 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the new evolution scene remind anyone of digivoling?

That was the first thing I thought when my Chespin first evolved. The whole spinning as they change while being consumed by a ball of light reminded me much of how Digimon would Digivolve.

#72 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

They missed a lot of opportunities to make some older pokemon more useful. Like Lickitung, it could easily have been a fairy.

#73 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

They missed a lot of opportunities to make some older pokemon more useful. Like Lickitung, it could easily have been a fairy.

I personally thinks that would make more sense than Mawile or Gardevoir.

#74 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: Leave my Mawile alone, it's my precious giant-mouthed pokemon. It's a steel-fairy with a mega form. What more could you want? lol

#75 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: Leave my Mawile alone, it's my precious giant-mouthed pokemon. It's a steel-fairy with a mega form. What more could you want? lol

Ah, my bad.

And I'm sorry about Mawile!!!!! All I really want is Mega Torterra!!!!

#76 Edited by Vitalius (2026 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Dragon may be because fairies and Dragons are magic creatures, often it use magic to control or defeat dragons. Fairy is the good power and dark is the evil power and good always win, Fightning due to Fairy (Magic) vs Psychic (Physical Strenght), like Psychic (mind) vs Fightning (Physical strenght)

Side Note: Pokemons like Jigglypuff and Clefairies already could learn Ice beam which is one of dragons weakness, which most dragons are either Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground

#77 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone needs to join the Jigglypuff house.

#78 Edited by MaccyD (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

When does the Torchic gift end?

#79 Posted by Shanana (53174 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love that you can customize your trainer

#80 Posted by Kthanid (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd:

January.

Still waiting on my mega alakzam. Need to get good fire and water counters for my teams and can't wait til mega mawile.

@noj:

I know what you mean. Most my team is from foreign trades so the xp boost is ridiculous. Haven't used chespin or bulbasaur sinc around level 24ish lol.

Oh and just got a beast sylveon with like around 190 sp attack at level 77 lol. Faeries are strong but crumble to my steel team

#81 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

@shanana said:

I really love that you can customize your trainer

Yup, I think it's epic. It;s something I've been wanting in a Pokemon game for years! ^_^

#82 Edited by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone known anything about the Pokérus virus thing? I just restarted my game and I just noticed that all of my Pokemon (my Chespin, Litleo, and Squirtle) have the purple "Pokérus" icon. Doesn't it boost Experience or something?

#83 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone known anything about the Pokérus virus thing? I just restarted my game and I just noticed that all of my Pokemon (my Chespin, Litleo, and Squirtle) have the purple "Pokérus" icon. Doesn't it boost Experience or something?

I thought its supposed to boost stats.

#84 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to have those bases made by secret power back. Those things were cool, you could decorate the inside with stuff. It was like your own little house~

#85 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

I wasn't sure, I thought it was either boots states or boosted experience, but my Pokemon have had it for a while now and I really haven't any difference in the it states or in how much experience they gain. Their states may be getting a boost and I'm just not noticing it, but I really don't see a difference. :/

#86 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to have those bases made by secret power back. Those things were cool, you could decorate the inside with stuff. It was like your own little house~

I agree, I also though those were cool and gave you a little home away from home. With all of these hotels in Pokemon X and Y, I actually would like the idea of allowing players the ability to rent apartments and being able to decorate them with items you can gather throughout the game.

#87 Edited by Squares (7697 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know what the new Pseudo-legendary is supposed to be?

It gains double the EV points from battling.

#88 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by Squares (7697 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10426 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Squares (7697 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@war_killer said:

I wasn't sure, I thought it was either boots states or boosted experience, but my Pokemon have had it for a while now and I really haven't any difference in the it states or in how much experience they gain. Their states may be getting a boost and I'm just not noticing it, but I really don't see a difference. :/

Maybe you'll see it later like when they're in higher levels?

#94 Posted by Kthanid (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang! I've had like 6 goomy through wonder trade and thought they were crap! The dragon typing really confused me too. I have a ditto and volcarona with flame body now though so making trade bait is going to be super easy

#96 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know what Mega Gengar's Shiny form looks like? I just caught a Shiny Gastly on my SoulSilver and was curious.

#97 Posted by Perethorn (3503 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Sh*t Mega Mewtwo Y is the most OP thing i have seen in years, that thing has higher base stats than Arceus and more Sp Attack than Attack Deoxys.

#98 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6139 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Sh*t Mega Mewtwo Y is the most OP thing i have seen in years, that thing has higher base stats than Arceus and more Sp Attack than Attack Deoxys.

But it still looks silly. :)

#99 Posted by _Glacier_ (6705 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat the League yesterday. Greninja seems weak, but when his speed reaches it's strongest stat, he gets impossible to hit. I mean, I soloed the whole Fire type team with him withouth taking a single hit.

#100 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a big Nintendo supporter and don't have a 3DS yet, once I get one should I get this game? Is it THAT good? I've heard nothing but good things about it(minus the glitch that Nintendo fixed I heard)