Playstation Network has been down for four days?

• 89 results
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Static Shock
@franklinrichards86: I don't know. There's only one way to find out. 
Avatar image for franklinrichards86
franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

lol, ill just do it off my phone to be safe.
Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Rudyftw
@franklinrichards86 said:
" lol, ill just do it off my phone to be safe. "
Its still your I.P address dude.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock
" lol, ill just do it off my phone to be safe. "
If you have a wireless connection for your phone to connect to the internet, it will use the same I.P. as your computer's modem or wireless gateway.

It's the same with 3G or 4G. The phone would have its own I.P. address via either of those connections.
franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they couldnt connect my phone with my ps3, my ps3 is ran off my cablemodem, my phone runs off 4g

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Deranged Midget
@InnerVenom123 said:
" Still better than the red ring of death. :P "
Funny thing, Playstation has a similar problem and it breaks down just as often :P
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Deranged Midget said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
Funny thing, Playstation has a similar problem and it breaks down just as often :P "
Never heard of such a thing.

Well, at least I have my computer. (insert blue screen of death here) DAMMIT!
franklinrichards86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both consoles are awesome.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Deranged Midget
" both consoles are awesome. "
Agreed

@InnerVenom123: 

Hehe
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Static Shock said:
"The way Sony is acting about the PS3 is the reason why I'm not going to buy one. I'm not paying $300 for a video game system with a lease agreement.  "

Sony just wants you to actually pay for the games your playing assuming it's not a trial version, which I'm completely cool with.

And I was glad to see not only did they bring said hacker to court and sent out the bans on PSN to said hacked consoles, but also fended off Anonymous attacks.

But thats me, if your bigger fan of firmware / stealing games, 360 is still the way to go since Microsoft didn't shed a tear when it happened.

On that note, poor PSP.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Got my trusty 360 when PS3 is on downtime.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Primmaster64

PSN was hacked

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By isaac_clarke
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Deranged Midget said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
Funny thing, Playstation has a similar problem and it breaks down just as often :P "
Never heard of such a thing.

Well, at least I have my computer. (insert blue screen of death here) DAMMIT! "

The only thing that comes to mind is the yellow light of death and that requires a simple reflow for the most part to fix on the Phat PS3s.

So far I've had people tell me how their 360 has died on them 4 times and my PS3 held strong for a few years till I dropped it and got hit with a YLOD.

I'll get around to sending that one to get fixed eventually (It can play my ps2 games and I love my ps2 games) but for now I like off my slim, uses less power and so far is a durable piece of machinery.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By isaac_clarke

"both consoles are awesome. "

Nah both are out dated.

Both Microsoft and Sony could come up with a new console much more powerful, hell the NGP is essentially a hand held PS3.

@Primmaster64 said:

"PSN was hacked "

Did Sony release who was messing around with PSN or if it was an error of some sort yet? I'm been curious to know who I should point my rage to. =P
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Sony was hacked because they never remade Bad Dudes.

exhyni9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By exhyni9

@Cypher's Gambit:
  Update On PlayStation Network/Qriocity Services
Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

They are re-building the PSN but the reason it was down was because it got hacked lol

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By isaac_clarke

Wasn't Xbox down for a 11 days sometime in the past?
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By danhimself
@Rudyftw said:
" @buttersdaman000: 
 That movie was badass... How can anybody not?

@danhimself said:

" @Rudyftw said:

" Anonymous is not a group full of hackers who do things just mess with people. They did this to Sony because Sony won a lawsuit against the guy who made the jailbreak for the PS3. What Sony received was the I.P addresses of EVERYONE who downloaded the jailbreak and EVERYONE who watched the jailbreak video on Youtube. What Sony planned afterwards was to create an update that banned anyone who's I.P addresses they had received, from the PSN permanently. After Anonymous saw that what they were doing was hurting gamers more than anything, they stopped the hack early Saturday morning. They stated that they would find a way to hurt Sony, without hurting the gaming community directly. The reason it's still off, is because Sony is trying to figure out what happened and find a way to prevent anything like this again. If Anonymous really wanted to hurt you, they would have messed with your credit card or your profile. Yeah it sucks that we couldn't play this weekend, but at least now Sony knows that they cant do whatever they want to people.  "

I don't care what anyone says...it was NOT in their right to do this...if Sony wants to prevent people from jailbreaking their equipment then they have every right to do this....jailbreaking is wrong plain and simple...it takes money away from developers forcing them to up the prices on their products and that hurts gamers....Anonymous is hurting us because they don't want to pay for products "
http://youtu.be/KyI5IrF_r0I    

The Jailbreak only gave people what was suppose to be free, nothing more or less. Sony was money hungry. If you can't see that your being taken advantage of, then you deserve to be. My PS3 wasn't jailbroken but I did view the video out of curiosity. I for one, am thankful for them making a stand against them. It kind of sends the message that we have rights. And we are people, not just wallets.
"
you believing that you're supposed to get things for free is what's wrong...Sony advertised the PS3 as a bluray and game playing device and it delivers on both of those ends...they're the ones who dictate what their system does not you or anyone else
Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Billy Batson said:
"

ALL HAIL XBOX (360)

"
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:
The Slim can't get the red ring so that argument is null and void.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71  Edited By The_Martian

Newest statement from Playstation about when PSN will be back up was, "We don't know..." Actual statement:

"I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience."

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ripcurl
@danhimself said:

you believing that you're supposed to get things for free is what's wrong...Sony advertised the PS3 as a bluray and game playing device and it delivers on both of those ends...they're the ones who dictate what their system does not you or anyone else "

@danhimself:

Sony also heavily promoted the fact that you could run Linux on the platform. Just because it's marketed as a console doesn't mean it's not also a computer. Obviously Anonymous' actions are what spurred the PSN shutdown, but that shouldn't excuse Sony's dictation of what software users can run on the PS3. IMO it's no less of an anti-trust issue than Microsoft's whole browser bundling fiasco.
RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RoninTheFury
I'm not as knowledgeable about Anonymous as you guys seem to be. what is it they have done exactly, to cause the shutdown of the PS3 network?
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RoninTheFury said:
" I'm not as knowledgeable about Anonymous as you guys seem to be. what is it they have done exactly, to cause the shutdown of the PS3 network? "
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cpt_linger

Not good enough now, it should be back up online. For the most expensive console available and one of, if not the biggest electronic media company in the world can't get it back online in 24 hours? This is just stupid and I wish I could kick Sony's Hirogtamot om whatever his name is right in the ballz.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Knightly1

On the jailbreaking subject
I feel as though the hackers did get what  they deserved. While I'm with them for being able to customize your PS3 in ways that only affect you, when you mess with the Online community, that's when you're fucking up everyone else.  But Sony needs to understand that what we do to our consoles is our own as we payed for it. As long as we're only affecting ourselves, what's the huge deal? Next thing we know, they'll be trying to stop people from putting stickers on their PS3 because they didn't make them.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Static Shock

I don't think Sony should trip about the PS3 being jailbroken. They could just have to where it's okay, but that it would void the warranty or something, which would discourage some people from jailbreaking the system altogether. 

However, I'm against jailbreaking as a means of being able to play pirated games. 
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By azza04

the psn network went down about 15 minutes after i downloaded and installed the original Resident Evil from the playstation store. i would have been so pissed if it would have gone down while it was downloading.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#79  Edited By HolySerpent
@azza04:  that would have been so funny.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HolySerpent
@RoninTheFury said:
" I'm not as knowledgeable about Anonymous as you guys seem to be. what is it they have done exactly, to cause the shutdown of the PS3 network? "
on there facebook page. they said they didnt do it.
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By azza04
@HolySerpent: yeah i would of just pissed myself laughing....NOT. Nah i think i would have attempted to hunt down those responsible for hacking it, or cried myself to sleep.

On a side note, i can't believe how terrible the first Resident Evil is now, the playstation has come along way since then. Still it brought back some good memories.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Almost a week today, I usually don;'t play PS3 that much anyway. 

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By HolySerpent

yeah not really suffering that ba because becasue i tired of playing black ops anyways

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cpt_linger

This smells like the works of Satoru Iwata.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Primmaster64
@cpt_linger: You should see what I posted
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By cpt_linger

Meet my 6 Sony board members all coincidentally female.

Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dark Zoom
@cpt_linger said:
" Meet my 6 Sony board members all coincidentally female.
"
LMAOOO Where did you get this from? i must have it
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HolySerpent
@cpt_linger said:
" Meet my 6 Sony board members all coincidentally female.
"
funniest thing i seen al day
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By HolySerpent
@azza04: i could never play scary games their....to scary. i remember when i played the first resident evil and a monster ( i forgot the name of it) jump right through the window and scared the sh@t out of me. i immediately turned that game off