• 65 results
Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you haven't heard there is a new game coming out with playstation characters that will play sorta've like Super Smash Bros but will be for the PS3.

Current characters include: Kratos, Sly Cooper, Colonel Radec, Sweet Tooth, fat princess, and parappa the rappa, Cole MacGrath, Jak and Daxter, Toro, Heihachi Mishima, Nathan Drake, and Big Daddy from Bioshock. There was also a tweet recently that a voice actor set out that said he was working with people who voiced Cole from Infamous, Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, and Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

Sorry if a similar thread like this has been made. I searched in the forums but couldn't find anything. Will you buy this game or are looking forward to it? Also, I would like to see anyones general opinion of it.

Hey, four new characters have been added and they are Jak and Daxter, Cole MacGrath, Toro, and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.

New characters announced: Dante, Ratchet and Clank, Spike, Nariko, Raiden, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Sackboy, and Evil Cole Macgrath.

#1 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definantly buy this game.

#2 Posted by Inverno (13217 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile in the Dream World...

#3 Posted by progenitor (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

If Albert Wesker isn't in it, i'm afraid it just isn't worth the wait.

#4 Posted by Nefarious (20276 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Dante is in it.

#5 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

For me the people that just have to be in it are the mascots of the ps1 such as crash bandicoot and spyro the dragon. I have heard rumours of cloud and sora from kingdom hearts being in it but idk if that is true.

#6 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: yeah he would be pretty cool in the game.

#7 Posted by Nefarious (20276 posts) - - Show Bio
@GTG12: Most definitely. 
#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloud...

#9 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...Is Cloud in it?

#11 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Yeah and according to the fan votes he is in the top five I believe. Other characters include: Sora, Snake, lara croft, Spyro, Cole MacGrath, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and finally Goku.

#12 Posted by Mekboy (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12: Ratchet and Clank seperate characters or?

#13 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mekboy: On the picture it says ratchet and clank just like Jak and daxter. I'm guessing it will be both of them together like in the original games when clank was a backpack but I'm not sure though. So I think they are unified.

#14 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

@Primmaster64: Yeah and according to the fan votes he is in the top five I believe. Other characters include: Sora, Snake, lara croft, Spyro, Cole MacGrath, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and finally Goku.

Goku?

#15 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: If you look on the list he is there. I think he is in 7th place out of the 24 in the voting. Me personally I would love a kratos vs goku battle. All of the Budokai dbz games were on the playstation but yeah, he is kind've an odd choice. Click the link if you don't believe me.

#16 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll stick with my Super smash bros.

#17 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanlucpicard: your loss haha jk. Speaking of I've heard rumours that a new one is coming out in a year or two.

#18 Posted by Mekboy (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12: Ahh, thanks. Still hoping Dr. Nefarious makes it.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@GTG12: Yeah Dante is there too.
#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Blatant Nintendo envy is blatant.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

CLOUD, DANTE, SOLID SNAKE 

BEST GAME EVER. 

#22 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

:|

8|

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I love hearing when characters like Nathan Drake are thrown into games like this. What's he gonna do? Climb up walls and take cover?

#24 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: haha well actually taking cover is part of his move set in this game haha. He has pretty cool supers though and I think his level 1 he throws a propane tank, his level two he pushes over a pillar, and his level 3 he opens up a sarcophagus of nazi zombies from the first game.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12: Interesting.

#26 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey news guys. They have added 5 more characters to the voting and they are the following: Raziel from legacy of kain, Jade from beyond good and evil, Gex from enter the gecko, ape escape monkey, and Isaac Clarke from Dead Space. Don't forget to vote and you can still vote for Goku haha.

#27 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, the Smash bros biteoff has me a little interested but same concept.

#28 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh idk how I feel about this.

#29 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: What do you not like about it.

#30 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12: Idk To Nintendo characters mesh better together, this seems like a random mosh, Crash vs Dante ? lol

it's not the biggest nay, lol

#32 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: They do have the most votes the next step I think is for them to get the rights to use them from activision.

#33 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The stage shown at E3 was so uninspired compared to Brawls. I'll see, but so far not all that excited.

#34 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
CLOUD, DANTE, SOLID SNAKE 

BEST GAME EVER. 

Haven't you seen the FB page man?
#35 Edited by _Zombie_ (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that excited for it. Considering it's almost a blatant rip off of super smash bros.. eh. Doesn't look like it'd be good enough to grab my interest.

#36 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys turns out that page that everyone was voting on was a fan page. Sorry about the inconvenience. I will try to find the real page on facebook soon.

#37 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Blatant Nintendo envy is blatant.

What? No! PS3 has got this sensor joystick called PSMove that you just fling around. Very much unlike the N64 or gamecube controllers, thank you! Nyahahaha!

#38 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sony does well....at stealing Nintendo's ideas :)

#39 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Any new character?

#40 Edited by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, four new characters have been added and they are Jak and Daxter, Cole MacGrath, Toro, and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken. Say what other characters you think wil make it in. For me, I think it will be Cloud, Sackboy, Snake and others.

#41 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

Hey, four new characters have been added and they are Jak and Daxter, Cole MacGrath, Toro, and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken. Say what other characters you think wil make it in. For me, I think it will be Cloud, Sackboy, Snake and others.

Wow, this game is really shaping out to have a good roster. Has Sly been confirmed yet?

#42 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20233 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds great, but it also sounds like a Super Smash Bros rip-off....

#43 Edited by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

Heihachi Mishima is not a exculsive character, or are they just putting popular PS characters not just exculsive characters.

#44 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: Yeah, Sly has been confirmed.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: If you look into it there are many differences between the two. For starters, this game doesn't even have a health bar. You kill people by using supers and there is no possible way you can get a ring out which that was the way smash bros worked. Smash bros wasn't the first game of its kind either. I remember someone saying there were two or three arcade-like games that played similar with the four characters on the screen. Sure, it takes inspiration but to call it a ripoff is the same thing as saying that all FPS games are copying off the original DOOM and all 3-D platformers are copying off Mario 64. They do draw some similarties though.

@superstay: The game will have first and third-party characters. They have to have strong ties to playstation. For instance, when you think of MGS games you think of the playstation because thats where its most famous games are from but the MGS hd collection was sold for the X box and there have been some nintendo releated stuff as well. Just because Snake is sort've a third-party member now doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the game.

My fingers hurt from typing all that stuff haha.

#45 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@GTG12 said:

@superstay: The game will have first and third-party characters. They have to have strong ties to playstation. For instance, when you think of MGS games you think of the playstation because thats where its most famous games are from but the MGS hd collection was sold for the X box and there have been some nintendo releated stuff as well. Just because Snake is sort've a third-party member now doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the game.

My fingers hurt from typing all that stuff haha.

I don't even think they have to have really strong ties. We're getting Big Daddy from Bioshock, who has always been multi-plat.

#46 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

It better have Dante & Beyonetta in it..

#47 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

It better have Dante & Beyonetta in it..

Dante's most probably in it, and if Bayonetta ends up being in it too i'd be so freaking happy ~

#48 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: He is the only one that is like that so far. While he is cool, that was kinda've an out of left field choice.

#49 Posted by Mekboy (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Pretty sure it's not just exclusive characters. Big Daddy from Bioshock is in this, and Bioshock was actually a timed Xbox 360 exclusive.

#50 Posted by superstay (9802 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh cool, I'll probably pick it up. Wonder if Ezio or John Marston will or could be in.

d-_-b