#1 Edited by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

any viners get the playstation 4 yet? if so how do you like it, what games did you get and what is the overall experience like?

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Got mine yesterday. Picked up AC4,BF4,Killzone, Knack, and Lego Marvel. Fun times so far

#3 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

I intend to get mine in a few months-ish. Hopefully before InFamous: Second Son.

#4 Posted by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: how is bf4?? i got call of duty and im really dissapointed. trying to sell t and get bf4.

#5 Posted by sagejonathan (1999 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking it up in about a week with Killzone Shadow Fall. I'm just hyped for inFamous: Second Son!

#6 Posted by RetconCrisis (4268 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

@peppeyhare: how is bf4?? i got call of duty and im really dissapointed. trying to sell t and get bf4.

In BF4, they fixed EVERYTHING that was bad from BF3 (But... not the campaign, unfortunately. But you get 1 of 3 bonus weapons in multiplayer depending on which ending you choose in campaign, so that's something to play the campaign for). And 64 players on console is heaven for an ex-PC gamer.

#7 Posted by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

In BF4, they fixed EVERYTHING that was bad from BF3 (But... not the campaign, unfortunately. But you get 1 of 3 bonus weapons in multiplayer depending on which ending you choose in campaign, so that's something to play the campaign for). And 64 players on console is heaven for an ex-PC gamer.

sounds awesome, never played bf3, was always a MW guy. im actually meeting up with someone in ten to switch my ghosts for BF4.

ghost seems worst than the MWs for some reason, already bored of it. Ready to try something new

#8 Edited by Immortal777 (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I intend to get mine in a few months-ish. Hopefully before InFamous: Second Son.

You should just get the Infamous PS4 bundle.

#9 Posted by RetconCrisis (4268 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

@retconcrisis said:

@fil123 said:

sounds awesome, never played bf3, was always a MW guy. im actually meeting up with someone in ten to switch my ghosts for BF4.

ghost seems worst than the MWs for some reason, already bored of it. Ready to try something new

Knowing how barely anything in BF3 was bad except a few glitches and horribly nerfed guns and iffy gun balance, BF4 is great that they fixed all of it while keeping a lot of the old formula and new levolution.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Probably going to get the InFamous, Battlefield, or Watch Dogs bundle.

#11 Posted by patrat18 (10359 posts) - - Show Bio

Got mine. Got lego marvel, Killzone.

#12 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm personally getting an Xbox One, but I just wonder if the PSN is running smoothly. Was it difficult to sign in the first day?

#13 Posted by Immortal777 (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@immortal777 said:

@jedixman said:

October is a too long a wait for me to buy a new console with Destiny coming out that summer you must have the patience of a saint. Games have always been my weakness. I'd buy a new console at release date but you know they'll have issues so I let the pawns buy theirs first so they can have the problems then wait a month or so those problems a fixed then I buy one.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@immortal777 said:

@jedixman said:

October is a too long a wait for me to buy a new console with Destiny coming out that summer you must have the patience of a saint. Games have always been my weakness. I'd buy a new console at release date but you know they'll have issues so I let the pawns buy theirs first so they can have the problems then wait a month or so those problems a fixed then I buy one.

October? From what I understand it's supposed to come out in the Spring. Around March or April.

Nevertheless, I'll probably get it in the Spring anyway.

But, no, I'd never get a console on the launch date. Too much potential for glitches.

#15 Edited by fil123 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm personally getting an Xbox One, but I just wonder if the PSN is running smoothly. Was it difficult to sign in the first day?

i got my ps4 friday at 7, didnt have one connection problem.

#16 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123: Do you still have the same friends/trophies/etc,?

#17 Posted by Immortal777 (7702 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Watch Dogs was delayed until Spring 2014 but may be delayed again for Oct 2014 because Ubisoft wants to get it perfect. I think is bs because Watch dogs was a last gen game to begin with but whatever.

#18 Edited by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Watch Dogs was delayed until Spring 2014 but may be delayed again for Oct 2014 because Ubisoft wants to get it perfect. I think is bs because Watch dogs was a last gen game to begin with but whatever.

Hm. Well, we'll see what happens. I don't intend to wait until October.

#19 Posted by Bruxae (14006 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesnt come out until the 29th in europe sadly. :( Ill probably be getting it a day or two later when the lines arent as big.

Any game recommendations so far? Ill probably pick up atleast 1 with the console to try it out. I really only play single player games on consoles that I cant get on PC. Since im mainly a PC gamer.

#20 Edited by ARMIV2 (8719 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even have a PS3.

#21 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11491 posts) - - Show Bio

I might get it, but Im broke currently and even if I had the money I wanna wait till after New Year and see reviews about which one is better.

#22 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11491 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone here seeing the newest South Park episode?

#23 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11491 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@immortal777 said:

Hm. Well, we'll see what happens. I don't intend to wait until October.

So far, it's delayed until Spring 2014, most likely around late March- mid April. Not the first title to be delayed on the Ubi front unfortunately. Considering Second Son was delayed until March from February, I'll probably pick mine up at the end of April.

#26 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7921 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really interested, I don't like the direction in which gaming is going. I would however like an Ouya to play all the old games I missed from way back

#27 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12061 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be getting it but no where near now. I am in no rush to get a next gen console.

#28 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a PS4 at midnight from Best Buy. Target had this buy 2 get 1 free deal on games that week, so I already had BF4, Killzone, and AC4 sitting at home. Took me about 10 minutes to get logged in and Sony Online Network went down for maintenance every 30 minutes for the next two hours. It still let me download some other stuff, though. I managed to download my BF4 day 1 patch, DCUO, Resogun, Contrast, and Warframe simultaneously. By the time the patch was installed, PSN was stable enough to let me play BF4 online. It's been a pretty smooth ride since release night.

#29 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to choose I'd go PS4 because Microsoft are being more evil than EA.

#31 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get one yet.

#32 Edited by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

It doesnt come out until the 29th in europe sadly. :( Ill probably be getting it a day or two later when the lines arent as big.

Any game recommendations so far? Ill probably pick up atleast 1 with the console to try it out. I really only play single player games on consoles that I cant get on PC. Since im mainly a PC gamer.

Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son are what I'd heavily recommend.

#33 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23297 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess the PS4 is having their own Red Ring of Death. That sucks :\

Luz azul ps4

#34 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care about the PS4 for now. Too much money to spend and it may have bug problems the moment I hook it up and then have to download all the games that I downloaded on my PS3. Besides, I'm too comfortable with my PS3 right now playing all these unfinished games I have to complete.

#35 Posted by Omnicrono (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

No PS4 for me I am afraid. It looks great, but I am focused on getting Super Mario 3D World and Zelda:Link Between Worlds at the moment. Will hopefully be getting an Xbox One come March.

#36 Posted by mikesterman (867 posts) - - Show Bio

watchdogs :D i cannot wait

#37 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't have any games I want enough to go out and get the Ps4 now. I'll probably wait until FF15 is at least announced.....

#38 Posted by Gambit474 (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see what problems the Xbox One has once it releases..The sad and ironic part is that although Nintendo is but a shadow of its former self..All their consoles have worked fine. I wish I could remember where that picture was on the net where it showed some of Nintendo's consoles and said how they didn't malfunction compared to Sony and MS lol

#39 Posted by russellmania77 (15705 posts) - - Show Bio

no its just coming to life

#40 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23297 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: LOL I wish. I am not joking when I was comparing to the RROD. So far, there is no available way to fix it, only giving it way and asking for a new one.

@gambit474: Everyone expects this from Microsoft at this point. But I wasn't expecting this from the PS4.

#41 Posted by russellmania77 (15705 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Gambit474 (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: LOL I wish. I am not joking when I was comparing to the RROD. So far, there is no available way to fix it, only giving it way and asking for a new one.

@gambit474: Everyone expects this from Microsoft at this point. But I wasn't expecting this from the PS4.

I expected problems..Just not that. @russellmania77 it's actually not as bad as you think because last time I read it's only a 4% malfunction rate but I'm in no hurry to buy a console right at launch anyways. I think the smart gamer waits to see what problems the console has and when a good time to buy it will be..I like to buy it when I know it'll actually work