#1 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just a topic on what games are the best or what games do you think are going to be the best for PS3?

This is also to help me when i get my Playstation 3, which will be soon, i wanted to know what some cool games i could buy. Please use reason in your choices...

#2 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

call of duty 4 is a great shooting game and the game that got me back in that genre great missions is incredibly easy to pick up and play its not a very hard game yet it isnt to easy. it has a great online multiplayer and it has little touches like camoflage were theres a mission and you wont relise he's there untill he starts walking.

the orange box i mean half life 2 hl2 episodes one and two portal and team fortress 2 on one cd i mean just half life 2 in its sel is a reason to buy this but with the other the half life games perhaps the best fps there is portal is just a fun game to play very easy and team fortress is a good online shooter.

resistance fall of man a game set in the ww but you fight aliens unlike most ww games that are realistic this is more arcady good storyline and a assortment of weapons this is best buying for online play because of the amount of people on it.

games for the future metal gear solid 4 now ive seen the demos and gameplay and it looks incredible it maybe the best ps game ever and if it is as good as its predecessors then this game is gonna blow minds. another two are that dont come out until i think 2009 are resident evil 5 and god of war 3 res 5 because after the great res 4 its using the same system of fighting and the graphics and enemy AI looks good if its nearly half as good as res 4 it should be incredible. gow 3 still in production but the previous games were incredible and with the engine the ps3 has the graphics will rock the story after the end of gow 2 will rock the boss battles characters will rock if you havent played the previous 2 or gow chains of olympus play the now for me this is these are the games im most looking forward to. hope this helps.

#3 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

soul taker says:

"call of duty 4 is a great shooting game and the game that got me back in that genre great missions is incredibly easy to pick up and play its not a very hard game yet it isnt to easy. it has a great online multiplayer and it has little touches like camoflage were theres a mission and you wont relise he's there untill he starts walking.the orange box i mean half life 2 hl2 episodes one and two portal and team fortress 2 on one cd i mean just half life 2 in its sel is a reason to buy this but with the other the half life games perhaps the best fps there is portal is just a fun game to play very easy and team fortress is a good online shooter.resistance fall of man a game set in the ww but you fight aliens unlike most ww games that are realistic this is more arcady good storyline and a assortment of weapons this is best buying for online play because of the amount of people on it.games for the future metal gear solid 4 now ive seen the demos and gameplay and it looks incredible it maybe the best ps game ever and if it is as good as its predecessors then this game is gonna blow minds. another two are that dont come out until i think 2009 are resident evil 5 and god of war 3 res 5 because after the great res 4 its using the same system of fighting and the graphics and enemy AI looks good if its nearly half as good as res 4 it should be incredible. gow 3 still in production but the previous games were incredible and with the engine the ps3 has the graphics will rock the story after the end of gow 2 will rock the boss battles characters will rock if you havent played the previous 2 or gow chains of olympus play the now for me this is these are the games im most looking forward to. hope this helps."

Thank you, your post was helpful.

But, i've played Call of Duty 4 and yes the Online Multiplayer is really good, and i have also played Resistance: Fall of Man, which was good as it was very fast moving. I was wanting to buy the Orange Box, i already have it for my Laptop, but the Graphics on my laptop aren't the best, so it lags really bad online (Team Fortress 2), so i will be definitely be buying that, to play it with lag free.

Thanks again!

#4 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

PS3 sucks, don't get it. They are very unreliable and have worthless games. If you want more of the "shooter" games, get a Xbox 360, and if you want the "actually fun" games, get a wii. This is the truth, I know by personal experience.

#5 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"mantoid says:
"PS3 sucks, don't get it. They are very unreliable and have worthless games. If you want more of the "shooter" games, get a Xbox 360, and if you want the "actually fun" games, get a wii. This is the truth, I know by personal experience."
Yeah, well did you ever think it may of just been 'Personal Opinion'? But i sort of see where you're coming from, the PS3 has bad reputation with Breaking, but i'll tell you now, i've actually played one and played most of the Games that are suppose to be good, and they are amazing. I have a Wii aswell, for your information, and i've never played a Xbox 360, so i don't trust buying one. But the point is, this Topic is on PS3, so go somewhere else with your Opinions."

If I must, I must.

#6 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"PS3 sucks, don't get it. They are very unreliable and have worthless games. If you want more of the "shooter" games, get a Xbox 360, and if you want the "actually fun" games, get a wii. This is the truth, I know by personal experience."

Yeah, well did you ever think it may of just been 'Personal Opinion'?

But i sort of see where you're coming from, the PS3 has bad reputation with Breaking, but i'll tell you now, i've actually played one and played most of the Games that are suppose to be good, and they are amazing.

I have a Wii aswell, for your information, and i've never played a Xbox 360, so i don't trust buying one. But the point is, this Topic is on PS3, so go somewhere else with your Opinions.

#7 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"Barry Flash says:
"mantoid says:
Yeah, well did you ever think it may of just been 'Personal Opinion'? But i sort of see where you're coming from, the PS3 has bad reputation with Breaking, but i'll tell you now, i've actually played one and played most of the Games that are suppose to be good, and they are amazing. I have a Wii aswell, for your information, and i've never played a Xbox 360, so i don't trust buying one. But the point is, this Topic is on PS3, so go somewhere else with your Opinions."

If I must, I must."

Lol, i'm sorry for being harshly about it. But i was once like you, until i played the PS3, but like i said, i've never played the Xbox 360 either, for all i know it could be better than a PS3. But i have no access to one. So until i do i'm sticking with PS3 and Wii.

#8 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Xbox sucks even though i've never played it. :p

No, seriously, i'm going to buy a PS3 when Soul Calibur IV is released. It will be awsum!

Little Big Planet looks really fun, the Final Fantasy XIII games could be interesting, there seems to be many games in the future that looks promising, Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, GTAIV, Street Fighter IV.

#9 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"In my opinion Xbox sucks even though i've never played it. :pNo, seriously, i'm going to buy a PS3 when Soul Calibur IV is released. It will be awsum!Little Big Planet looks really fun, the Final Fantasy XIII games could be interesting, there seems to be many games in the future that looks promising, Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, GTAIV, Street Fighter IV."

Yeah i cannot wait for Resident Evil 5 or GTA IV.

I get my PS3 next Tuesday! :)

#10 Posted by King Saturn (225026 posts) - - Show Bio

PS3 is pretty good but I think the Nintendo Wii and XBox 360 is just better

#11 Posted by G-Man (18851 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for PS3. Plus with Sony winning the format war, having a Blue-ray player is a bonus. I've never had a single problem with any of my Playstations (1, 2 or 3). Resistance is a fun shooter. Rockband is great if you have people to play with. I know a lot of people go on and on about Guitar Hero but getting the drums and mic just adds so much more to it. My wife enjoyed playing it so much at Best Buy that she didn't even have a problem with me paying $160 for all of it.

I've seen how X-Box can be a good system but there's never really been anything that's screamed at me to buy one. Halo? Whatever. I'm more than happy with my PS3.

Staff
#12 Posted by Christian Zauriel (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Just bringing back this thread to life.

I've just saw the "Prototype" advert. And just wondering if anyone here has played it?

#13 Posted by Yaujtapool (7451 posts) - - Show Bio
Christian Zauriel said:
Just bringing back this thread to life.I've just saw the "Prototype" advert. And just wondering if anyone here has played ... [more]
Havnt played Prototype but i played Infamous and its brilliant IMAO .
#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio
mantoid said:
PS3 sucks, don't get it. They are very unreliable and have worthless games. If you want more of the "shooter" ... [more]
i love Ps3 and they are very reliable. Games are great. The wii is fun if you have sports games other than that if you play any other type of game its almost a hassle to play the game with those controllers. i went out and got the classic controllers for that system bc i couldnt handle it any more. The Wii gets old. I just started playing it again when i got the wii fit.

i have a PS3 and a Wii. Both my brothers have xbox 360's. We all love our systems. I think PS3 is better bc of grpahics and blu ray, I love movies so the blu ray is a big part for me.

Games: resistance 1 and 2, Metal Gear solid 4, MLB 2008, NFL head Coach 2009, X men origins: wolverine, Star Wars unleash the Force. Fight Night Round 3. Sonic The hedgehog (the first one for the PS3), infamous.

Resistances games are great games. they helped fill the void when i found out they werent going to put Halo on PS3. I used to have the original xbox and Halo is the only game i miss from that system. I love the graphics and wouldnt trade them for anything plus you dont have to pay for the online play as long as you have internet already in your house. Ive beat resistance 1 and 2 both great games, story, unspeakably amazing graphics and all. MGS4 was also a great game, great story and graphics: almost beaten it all. X men origins was fun but really quick. playin thru it for my second time now. MLB i play as the coach and am up to the year 2020. Its fun but i play as the head coach bc i suck at the game as a player. NFL head Coach you can only play as the coach and i bought that game for the same reason i play MLB the way i do. Infamous has cool graphics but im not as happy as i htink i should be with it. Fight night was fun but i havent played it in a while. it was the first game i got. Great graphics. STar Wars was a flat out great game definitely in my top 3 favorites. Great story, great powers and fights. Great Graphics. Sonic has unbelieveable graphics but im not that far in to it and im stuck. have been stuck for over a year now kinda gave up, hope to go back and try again. ive got others but cant think of them.
Resistance has some great online game play as well. Just started getting in to playin online. Has a great online community to chat with all the other online people as well.

when you get it look me up i think it is just DEGRAAF
#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

So no one knows how good "Prototype" is?

#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

is it out yet? i hear its supposed to bbe good but i havent tried it yet

#17 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
Supreme Marvel said:
So no one knows how good "Prototype" is?
its great buy it
#18 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never had a problem with my PS3 or any Playstation for that matter. The graphics are crisp especially if you hook it up with the HDMI cable to a 1080P TV. Plus it plays Blu-Ray.

As far as games I personally have the most fun with the downloadable content. Super Stardust is the best shooter ever. It is in full HD. Wipeout HD is pretty good also. People say Wii has fun games but so does PS3, like Monsters and Fat Princess.

One day we will get a complete Gran Turismo also if you like racing simulators.

No one has mentioned the controller yet. The Playstation controller is PERFECT. It feels so natural in your hand. I personally think Xbox controllers are cumbersome and weird to use.

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio
jloneblackheart said:
I have never had a problem with my PS3 or any Playstation for that matter. The graphics are crisp especially ... [more]

i used to hate the ps controller bc i have big hands. The originial xbox controllers fit my hands great. I have gotten used to the PS controllers now. I like them alot but the xbox controllers felt more natural to me. when they made the smaller xbox controllers i really did hate those
#20 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
PS3 is pretty good but I think the Nintendo Wii and XBox 360 is just better