Playing through Metal Gear Solid for the first time...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So as the title says, I've been playing through Metal Gear Solid recently for the first time, and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Gameplay obviously isn't up to snuff with modern games but it's still quite entertaining. Story is obviously great, same with characters. The codec calls and dialogue feel more real and organic than most modern games. So I beat Sniper Wolf, am really enjoying myself....then it happens. The torture scene.....the f*cking torture scene!!! I can't beat it. I've tried the spoon trick, the pen trick, the vibrating finger trick, I've tried slamming a mountain dew, playing the best around and old fashioned mashing....nothing works!!! But I refuse to submit!

MGS veterans what can I do? @nickzambuto@sirfizzwhizz

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

I beat it by laying the controller on a table or on my leg, then rapidly tapping in a rhythm with my index fingers on both hands.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jedixman: I didn't try tapping in rhythm with both I'll give that a go tomorrow....I don't think it will work :(

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Are you playing on Extreme? If so, give in. Trust me.

Otherwise, tap with your index finger and even after you've been zapped for as long as it will let you regain health.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Why am I the only one who thinks MGS is sub par compared to everything else at best?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Playing MGS TPP with the marking system turned off is pretty epic, and imo provides an engaging/dynamic gameplay experience.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why am I the only one who thinks MGS is sub par compared to everything else at best?

Loading Video...