Play Devil's Advocate: Tell Why Something "Bad" Can Be Considered Good

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Many times we hear a story or read something that makes us view certain people or events as being bad or wrong. But what if we looked at those stories or people from a different perspective. Could they have some goodness to them? Maybe they were really trying to do the right thing. So in this thread you play "Devils Advocate". You make the bad guy seem good. You point out the positive aspect of a bad event. I'll start.

Presidential Candidate and African American Ben Carson said: Actually slavery was the best thing that could have happened to us. Because of slavery blacks were brought to America we met the Christian faith. We met Jesus Christ. If it were not for slavery we would all be in Africa,hanging from trees and worshiping Allah. God always get’s it right!Read more at http://m.snopes.com/ben-carson-slavery/#3sdm8G3m4eKcWoLq.99

Africans/African Americans have suffered because of slavery for hundreds of years. But what is a few hundred years when compared to spending eternity in heaven?!! Because of slavery thousands of africans/african americans are in heaven right now because they found Jesus. Instead of burning in hell with Satan. Slavery was a good thing in the long run.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperor97

@pooty: no... just no

Abortion- saves the parents,who clearly doesn't want the child, money.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the thinks I could think

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Murder gets TV ratings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rape and murder are actually good things I tell you. Guys like Ted Bundy, Dahmer and Gacy were all just misunderstood contributing members of society. To them, rape and murder was like a sexual release or high. Or maybe a round of monopoly, just a way to pass the time. Don't we all get bored sometimes and find ways to entertain ourselves? So what was wrong with their ways?

These guys and guys like him were taught by society to suppress their true ways and so they had to keep them secret. Do you have to do that? So why them? Seems like they were an oppressed minority to me. Let's sign a petition or get on social media quick!! Why condemn them for their natural feelings, when we're all just animals. And what do other animals do? They rape and murder their own kind. So why not just embrace the Bundys, Dahmers, and Gacys? When you think about their way of thinking and perspective, they don't seem all that bad. They just want to "embrace" you ;)

jk DISCLAIMER: silkyballfro94 does not approve, support, or recommend that anyone take this information as fact or as truth. The opinion above is purely fictional and is probably only believed by serial killers. Silkyballfro94 himself, does not believe in the stuff above either. Silkyballfro94 is not liable for anything and you read this at your own peril.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...

Let me think about it. I'll be back.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut lest I get banned on this one.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to war and you gain oil

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Ben Carson actually said that? Wow.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut lest I get banned on this one.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That's some legitimate source you got there.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genocide is good. World population is too high

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let's take that to its logical extreme... Genoside in the name of genetic purity is good.

If you would kill every person on the planet with predisposition to genetic disease and those with a diagnosed ones, we should be rid of those diseases, right? Couple of hundred millions in concentration camps sure would be worth it, wouldn't it? Think of the children and all the resources that could be used for something better like world peace once there's no hereditary defects.As a bonus incentive, we could also chuck in all those annoying politics while we're at it since they're all just a waste of tax payers money, space and oxygen anyway.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Overmonitor

Death is good.

Without it evolution would never have happened, no natural selection. Even if it did happen at the beginning and Death was abolished later, everything would eventually misreplicate it's DNA and become a formless cancerous mass. The Earth would waste away as life used its resources up without giving back, things couldn't be killed to be eaten to provide energy, but food would be unnecessary, so everyone would be skeletal. It just gets worse the more you think about the consequences.

Philosophically, it also gives meaning to life. Without death there would be no motivation, literally the concept of life would be ubiquitous, it would have no meaning. Survival drives our actions. There would be no reason to act without death.

It's why yin and yang is so important. One cannot exist without the other, because they're opposites. If low didn't exist everything would be high. If sadness didn't exist how would you feel happy? It makes sense to me at certain times more than others, but I know it's true.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@overmonitor: But, Death isn't bad or good it's just an eventuality.

Anyway crime is good. Without crime think of all of the people who would no longer have a job if crime stopped; Judges, Criminal Attorneys, Prosecutors, Law Enforcement Officers, Prison Guards, etc.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Well people go to jail for non-violent crimes all the time. Or accidentally. I mean what is a crime? Monopolization? Tax evasion? Possession of MJ in Oklahoma even though it's legal one state up? Anyways, without crime, I don't foresee anything terrible happening honestly.

My real point is that those people would still have jobs without crime; just in different fields.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mickey-mouse

@overmonitor:

My real point is that those people would still have jobs without crime; just in different fields.

If all crime period stopped at once though it would cause a finical crisis. Many people depend on crime whether it's the crooks or cops. Nonviolent crime is still crime though.

Crime is an economic engine.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Doom is a good guy, I mean he only wants to bring order to a chaotic marvel universe.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serial killers do on a small scale what governments do on a large one.

Anyone recognize the quote? :D

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales said:

let's take that to its logical extreme... Genoside in the name of genetic purity is good.

If you would kill every person on the planet with predisposition to genetic disease and those with a diagnosed ones, we should be rid of those diseases, right? Couple of hundred millions in concentration camps sure would be worth it, wouldn't it? Think of the children and all the resources that could be used for something better like world peace once there's no hereditary defects.As a bonus incentive, we could also chuck in all those annoying politics while we're at it since they're all just a waste of tax payers money, space and oxygen anyway.

Makes sense.

This thread is just a terrible idea

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rape and murder are actually good things I tell you. Guys like Ted Bundy, Dahmer and Gacy were all just misunderstood contributing members of society. To them, rape and murder was like a sexual release or high. Or maybe a round of monopoly, just a way to pass the time. Don't we all get bored sometimes and find ways to entertain ourselves? So what was wrong with their ways?

These guys and guys like him were taught by society to suppress their true ways and so they had to keep them secret. Do you have to do that? So why them? Seems like they were an oppressed minority to me. Let's sign a petition or get on social media quick!! Why condemn them for their natural feelings, when we're all just animals. And what do other animals do? They rape and murder their own kind. So why not just embrace the Bundys, Dahmers, and Gacys? When you think about their way of thinking and perspective, they don't seem all that bad. They just want to "embrace" you ;)

jk DISCLAIMER: silkyballfro94 does not approve, support, or recommend that anyone take this information as fact or as truth. The opinion above is purely fictional and is probably only believed by serial killers. Silkyballfro94 himself, does not believe in the stuff above either. Silkyballfro94 is not liable for anything and you read this at your own peril.

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Adultery helps raise awareness of STDs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Yeah I know, but that's what the disclaimer was for.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jar Jar Binks was actually the best character in the new trilogy and one of the reasons for its success. He was very funny and softened the darker elements the movie tried to touch on. The idea that two different races are always at war with each other for petty reasons is something we have a lot today. Jar Jar is just a goofy way of showing kids and adults worldwide that putting petty squabbles against minorities is important.