• 50 results
#1 Edited by Jacthripper (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you against piracy or for it

Is streaming free movies piracy

#2 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really against it all that much, I kind of just ignore it.

Whenever I want to watch something I generally go out & buy it or a friend has it. I like owning physical copies of things.

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (43579 posts) - - Show Bio

PIRACY!

#4 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

streaming is legal. downloading is illegal. ive asked a few cops about it and thats what they told me so

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (15663 posts) - - Show Bio

Dbz abriDge

#6 Posted by JakeN7 (12737 posts) - - Show Bio

What does the horse say?

#7 Edited by Jonez120 (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't illegally stream movies, but I don't get bothered when others do.

In short, I don't really give a shit.

#8 Edited by Chibi_cute (4561 posts) - - Show Bio

YAR!!

#9 Posted by HumanRocket (8614 posts) - - Show Bio

I stream and I also pay full price for 3-D films at the movies so I don't feel bad when I do.

#10 Edited by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

áno

#11 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

Piracy is baaad, M-kay!

#12 Posted by Jphu8414 (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

I say yay for piracy

I pirates life for me!

#13 Edited by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

You a cop? *Shifty eyes*

#14 Posted by Squares (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

When stuff stops being so expensive I'll be against piracy.

#15 Edited by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily NO!

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (15739 posts) - - Show Bio

Stealing a DVD out a shop, yay or nay?

I only stream stuff I've already paid to see or that is extremely old.

#17 Posted by dagmar_merrill (9415 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@jacthripper said:

streaming is legal. downloading is illegal. ive asked a few cops about it and thats what they told me so

Cops aren't lawyers. While what they said might be true, policemen don't really know all the laws as well as they should. I had a police officer issue me a ticket once when I was a postman. Postmen don't get tickets for traffic violations. The ticket disappeared the day after I told the sup about it.

As far as piracy is concerned, I don't see a problem. Every pirate I've known was also a buyer. There are some that never buy I'm sure, but for the most part, every study I have read indicates that pirates tend to buy as well.

#19 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18376 posts) - - Show Bio

I watch stuff online for free, so I guess yay. Don't tend to download stuff though. The companies aren't any worse off from they just want all the money they can get.

#20 Posted by aquaman01 (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

While I don't pirate, I don't care about streaming. Sometimes people need to watch something and they have a reason for it. However, that is just to watch the show. Downloading means you will be "keeping" it on your computer, which there is literally NO excuse for.

So yes, Very against piracy for downloading, not caring for streaming.

#21 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Companies only lose money when you pirate if you ever intended to buy it in the first place.

If you like something like a monthly series, though, you should buy it to support the creators and hopefully keep it going. I'll be the first to admit that many of the comic books I first read when I got back into reading comics, I pirated first, then liked them so much, I bought them.

#22 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8025 posts) - - Show Bio

I... I feel like I'd go to jail for a long time considering how many pirated movies I watch....

<_<

>_>

#23 Posted by YodaPrime (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely.

#24 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23190 posts) - - Show Bio

I am conflicted. Personally I prefer to expend money if its to support something I like, however this can turn difficult if its too expensive or not available where I live. I have my reservations over downloading or streaming stuff from the Internet, since its very easy to run into all sorts of viruses.

#25 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25512 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay.

#26 Edited by Cooldes (4134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna be KING of the pirates!! >:D

#27 Posted by waezi2 (7985 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone seen "Steal This Episode?"

#28 Edited by marvel_boy2241 (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one of those things where it's like lying. You want to be aloud to do it to others but you don't want it done to you.

#29 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

When stuff stops being so expensive I'll be against piracy.

This ^.

#30 Edited by Farkam (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

#32 Posted by Tensta (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay

#33 Posted by ARMIV2 (8671 posts) - - Show Bio

Against, though not vehemently.

#34 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22195 posts) - - Show Bio

I... I feel like I'd go to jail for a long time considering how many pirated movies I watch....

<_<

>_>

this............

#35 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, but I'm supposed to say nay.

#36 Edited by Darling_Luna (4179 posts) - - Show Bio
yay for pirates

Actually, I'm not for piracy, the law is the law, I don't care what "20 something intellectual" you cooked up in your head hehe

#37 Posted by jwalser3 (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya. Why not?

#38 Posted by SheenLantern (6790 posts) - - Show Bio

I would never have bought 99% of the stuff I pirate, so it's a win-neutral.

#39 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

heh kind of funny how a certain mod has a raging hard on for non issues threads and locks them and yet some tool decides to post a thread an hour ago saying watch Transcendence online wich is in theatres by clicking this link

just go's to show some people shouldnt be mods

#40 Edited by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

The argument I've always heard against it is that it takes food away from the creators or blah blah blah. But even taking into consideration that the lowest people involved might only be making $30000 a year, the top people are making upwards of $20mil, so they could spread the wealth if they really cared. Same with musicians who sell millions of albums. Who cares if someone steals the latest Katy Perry piece of trash? She's still getting paid to ruin music anyway. Indie musicians are another story but that's for another time.

#41 Posted by The Stegman (25000 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes, I'm not paying for HBO just to watch Game of Thrones, when I can watch it free online.

#42 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don'r care.I think I am neutral on this topic.

#43 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if you like a product you should buy it. Just picture it in reverse: if you were the intellectual creator of something wouldn't you like to know that your work was appreciated?

If piracy goes too far, it actually discourages creators to... you know, get creative.

I sometimes resort to piracy only for stuff that I woulnd't otherwise buy (and really only a little), so I don't make an impact on markets that I am interested in. For example I never pirate movies, games, books or comic books.

#44 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I just don'r care.I think I am neutral on this topic.

^

#45 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4341 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by SC (13203 posts) - - Show Bio

I can not empathize the following point enough. CV is as staunchly anti piracy as say Marvel and DC. The site could be negatively affected and liable as far as specific piracy talk and perhaps more importantly for posters. Anything in your posts that sound like advertising, endorsement or support of specific piracy or tormenting websites can get you instantly banned. General vague pro piracy attitudes are okay, as far as general ideas. Intelligent and mature conversation about piracy is okay. If that line is too blurry for some of you, then maybe just post on another thread. Thank you all.

Threads like this have been locked in the past because some posters don't seem to realize this, but lets keep this one open a bit since I do like to think CV posters can have intelligent discussions about topic.

Please read above okay?

#47 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes, I'm not paying for HBO just to watch Game of Thrones, when I can watch it free online.

this this and this!

#48 Edited by Tohoma (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@tazzmission said:

@jacthripper said:

Cops aren't lawyers. While what they said might be true, policemen don't really know all the laws as well as they should. I had a police officer issue me a ticket once when I was a postman. Postmen don't get tickets for traffic violations. The ticket disappeared the day after I told the sup about it.

the cop you dealt with was probably an asshole. i know from experience. in 2006 one cop gave a former friend of mine a ticket simply because he was bored and if i remeber correctly it was for expired license or whatever when that wasnt accurate at all.. thing is it was on work property and my friend happened to be black. so that dosent mean the cop didnt know the law he simply abused it just because of boredom.

besides it wouldnt suprise me one bit if cops themselves pirate and personally as long as the site your going to isnt making any money and your not downloading to sell them for profit than i think this whole thing is one giant waste of time really. there are worse things online that do need major police involvment but what do i know i aint wearing a badge or work for some federal agency : eye roll:

#50 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I downloaded the Firefly series once. Fell in love with it so hard, that I bought the series and way too much merchandise afterwards.