• 99 results
#1 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

With the release of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, PETA has placed a new parody of the games on their website called "Pokemon Black and Blue: Gotta Free Em All".

They say that:

The amount of time that Pokémon spend stuffed in pokéballs is akin to how elephants are chained up in train carts, waiting to be let out to "perform" in circuses. But the difference between real life and this fictional world full of organized animal fighting is that Pokémon games paint rosy pictures of things that are actually horrible.

Here is a link to the game.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally against cruelty, but these people need to get a life. They could be spending their time ending actual cruelty.

#3 Edited by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
my immediate thoughts are that of laughter 
#4 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

If they actually played the games they'd realize it is not like that.

#5 Posted by mikethekiller (8370 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on.

#6 Posted by SithLantern93 (2119 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet making a video of me getting pissed at Mxyz losing to Prime and Annataz and carving Mxyzptlk on chest and taping and posting on Comic Vine would make much more sense than this.

#7 Edited by wildvine (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

I'm totally against cruelty, but these people need to get a life. They could be spending their time ending actual cruelty.

I agree.

@King Saturn said:

this also.

Next they will say it's wrong to shoot zombies.

#8 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

PETA is such a hypocritical organization.

#9 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by wildvine (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@wildvine: They threw a hissy fit over this too:

Super Meat Boy

Never played it but i did read the review in game informer.

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2853 posts) - - Show Bio

The same people who had gripes with Super Meat Boy, Obama killing a Fly, Super Mario wearing the raccoon dog thing, and BATTLEFIELD3 abusing rats, well...............

@King Saturn said:

this

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17801 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid.

I find Pokemon boring that's why I dont like it.This is just stupid.

#13 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

While it's sorta true, this is just ridiculous.

#14 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

They are completely nuts. Some of the stuff they come up with is just stupid. PETA wants the total liberation of animals, which means they don't want us to even have pets. I use to be okay with PETA because they would shut down major businesses that would abuse their livestock or animals. I saw a video of a pound that used bleach to punish the pets that were kept there, and PETA got them shut down. They should remain doing that stuff instead of being concerned about Pokemon and forcing shelters that put down animals due to the massive amount of animals they get brought in. I know my local humane society put down 7,000 cats just this year, all humanely. I am sure if PETA got ahold of that story, they would go nuts.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...Shut up, PETA.

#16 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

About time I say how would those poketrainers like it if they put into pokeballs

#17 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

They're just mad because they're not Team Plasma.

#18 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

See, PETA, maybe people would actually respect you if you spent your time dealing with ACTUAL animal cruelty rather than focusing so much energy into stupidity such as this

#19 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

They could be spending their time ending actual cruelty.

Win. They give activist and environmentalist a bad name

#20 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimme a break. >___<

#21 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's another example of PETA not doing any goddamn research about the crap they attack. I mean the whole story of Black/White is you against Team Plasma who wants to liberate pokemon, and yet they make Ghetsis into a guy who wants to capture and torture pokemon.

Just plain stupid if you ask me.

#22 Posted by MrDirector786 (43487 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm against animal cruelty and all, but PETA is just stupid.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio

PETA is fcking absurd.

#24 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

This has to be a joke right? Gotta Free Em All, stupid vegans.

#25 Posted by slacker the hacker (7834 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

Gimme a break. >___<

#26 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker said:

@Samimista said:

Gimme a break. >___<

LOL! Don't mind if I do! =D xD *breaks off a Kit Kat and shares a few with you*

#27 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

People take PETA seriously?

#28 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that their next target is Frankenweenie.

#29 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean it is cock fighting, but it's also fiction so PETA is dumb.

#30 Posted by ImmortalOne (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

Well come on, this had to happen sometime. You're beating up wild animals into unconsciousness, stuffing them into tiny little Pokeballs against their will, and then forcing them to fight for you. I'm surprised PETA hasn't protested Pokemon sooner.

#31 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Its organizations like PETA that make organizations like the Humane Society and the ASPCA look bad.

#32 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

You've got to be kidding...

#33 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

It's not cock fighting. The whole point of Pokemon is to form bonds with your Pokemon and grow together to achieve a goal, not placing bets on which one dies first.

#34 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

GO CHARAIZARD! Use Flamethrower on PETA.

#35 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

It's not cock fighting. The whole point of Pokemon is to form bonds with your Pokemon and grow together to achieve a goal, not placing bets on which one dies first.

QFT

#36 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat it. Pretty good game. Only complaint is that you can't heal. I was really close to biting the dust in that fight with Ash.

On topic, it basically is a waste of PETA's time. Anyone over the age of 9 has realized what they're trying to prove, and if anything, the over exaggerations (You know, the syringes, and missing appendages) make the point more funny than sad.

@_Black said:

If they actually played the games they'd realize it is not like that.

They did. Well, at least Black and White, as they pointed out and made a joke about the ending of Black and White in the fight with Ghetsis. And also, it totally is.

#37 Posted by MrDirector786 (43487 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

GO CHARAIZARD! Use Flamethrower on PETA.

lol

#38 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Black said:

@Batnandez said:

#39 Edited by A Touch of Class (ATC) (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes PETA, your immediate concern is to protest fictional media. PETA is not even admirable because of stuff like this.

#40 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn’t team plasma a reference to Peta. They shown their methods are hazardous. Releasing a domestic Pokémon causes untold damage as many are a custom to be with humans. It was scene in the manga. Many wild Pokémon are jealous at Pokémon with trainers.

Pokémon battles do have standards… You know what I recalling it now PETA is not stupid they are well aware of Pokémon. They are not against animal abuse they are against animal use. They took swing at Ash and other good characters. You can call Ash dumb it is pretty much one of his attributes as a character, but calling him heartless and cruel on his Pokémon. Ladies and gentlemen PETA has no morals at all.

Stop laughing and smiling what they did. It is a joke but it is very sick one. We can laugh at it later after some time passes but not at this moment. They are aware at what they did in order to have attention no matter what the cost. They desire genocide at tamed animals and want to destroy or any companionship with animals. That is their goal. They are an anti animal protection group hiding that cover themselves stating they are good. There may be members that are misinformed thinking they are good which they should know what they are truly about.

#41 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut said:

Wasn’t team plasma a reference to Peta. They shown their methods are hazardous. Releasing a domestic Pokémon causes untold damage as many are a custom to be with humans. It was scene in the manga. Many wild Pokémon are jealous at Pokémon with trainers.

I think we can all agree that the perfect Pokemon world is where they do have trainers, but are taught to be friends instead of fighting, like Ash's mom's Mr. Mime.

#42 Edited by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@Hazlenaut said:

Wasn’t team plasma a reference to Peta. They shown their
methods are hazardous. Releasing a domestic Pokémon causes untold damage as
many are a custom to be with humans. It was scene in the manga. Many wild Pokémon
are jealous at Pokémon with trainers.

I think we can all agree that the perfect Pokemon world is where they do have trainers, but are taught to be friends instead of fighting, like Ash's mom's Mr. Mime.

you mean like this

#43 Posted by Dernman (14884 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@Funrush said:

@Hazlenaut said:

Wasn’t team plasma a reference to Peta. They shown their
methods are hazardous. Releasing a domestic Pokémon causes untold damage as
many are a custom to be with humans. It was scene in the manga. Many wild Pokémon
are jealous at Pokémon with trainers.

you mean like this

In short, yes.

@Dernman said:

For that, there is this little gem http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Actually pretty interesting. I'm going to assume that's where the Tanooki furs come from now. He hides them in the blocks for later.

#45 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23781 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#46 Posted by Dernman (14884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Funrush said: 

@Dernman said:

For that, there is this little gem http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Actually pretty interesting. I'm going to assume that's where the Tanooki furs come from now. He hides them in the blocks for later.

Peta protests cruelty to animals. 
Supports vigilante revenge. 
#47 Posted by joewell (6284 posts) - - Show Bio

What. so I'm not supposed to paint my cat yellow and throw it at a baby whale??????

#48 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Goddammit PETA.

#49 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

PETA : You know what? Let's target a whole bunch of video games and protest against them for no apparent reason, even though they have been around for decades. I mean we haven't complained since he nagged about the Mario game, so we need to protest something NOW!

Pokemon : Oooh sh*t....

#50 Posted by joewell (6284 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

MY GOD

do they have a website, time to turn into SPAMMAN!!!!!!

wow