#1 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Now you may disagree..

I see this all the time, some article about college kids and the hard life they're going through then some guy who went like 30 years ago comments and says,"Oh well suck it up back then I didn't have as many troubles." Or some some crap like that. What little they realize is that not only have the text books gone from 1 inch of one volume to 5 inches in TWO volumes, tuition skyrockets, social life goes down the drain, etc. For non-rich kids that is and rich kids who got cutoff :p

Does it urk anyone else o-o..

#2 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

It irks me that you spelled "irk" wrong. Sorry, irk is one of my favorite words. I don't mean to be rude. Yeah, I'm having a rough time being poor and trying to get into college.

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi said:

It irks me that you spelled "irk" wrong. Sorry, irk is one of my favorite words. I don't mean to be rude. Yeah, I'm having a rough time being poor and trying to get into college.

Technically it is the slang spelling of it.

I've never heard those complaints but I do know in grade school my back hurt from carrying so many books every day, what was worse is that my teachers checked to see if we had and took points off if we didn't. Why bring books if you never use them?!

#4 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Hm... did not know that. I feel like an ass now.

#5 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in college and it's not as hard as people make it out to be. There are points that are very stressful, but all in all it's great and i'm thankful for it.

#6 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

Now you may disagree..

I see this all the time, some article about college kids and the hard life they're going through then some guy who went like 30 years ago comments and says,"Oh well suck it up back then I didn't have as many troubles." Or some some crap like that. What little they realize is that not only have the text books gone from 1 inch of one volume to 5 inches in TWO volumes, tuition skyrockets, social life goes down the drain, etc. For non-rich kids that is and rich kids who got cutoff :p

Does it urk anyone else o-o..

*looks over at mountain of books*. Kind of irks me, but then again I'm loving it. Going back this Saturday. Back to studying and not leaving my room.....

#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jobiwankenobi:

Good!

jk

#8 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no, no social life :( Boo hoo I used to think like this, but consider where they're coming from. If you're paying your own way that's one thing, but if you're getting help from mom and dad then you should suck it up.

#9 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you care what anyone else thinks?

#10 Posted by SoA (4670 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

Oh no, no social life :( Boo hoo I used to think like this, but consider where they're coming from. If you're paying your own way that's one thing, but if you're getting help from mom and dad then you should suck it up

this

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm in college and it's not as hard as people make it out to be. There are points that are very stressful, but all in all it's great and i'm thankful for it.

and this
#11 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

In Russia school sucks you up