Please be kind to everyone.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I have dabbled in Paganism, but have turned into a right atheist these days *sigh* though I am wearing a green wedding dress which is *I hear* a traditional Pagan colour for rituals...

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Fire Star
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
"I have dabbled in Paganism, but have turned into a right atheist these days *sigh* though I am wearing a green wedding dress which is *I hear* a traditional Pagan colour for rituals... "

It is, and I am a witch. Well green depends, but it can really be all colors, lol good subject. And I say let people believe what they want to ! )O(
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

I'm reading Beowulf right now, good poem, really mixes the traditional Pagan values with the Christan values well. 
Anyway, I don't have any issues with Pagan/Witchcraft/Wicca stuff, I'm a kind live and let live guy so as long as no one is infringing on others rights and such I'm cool with them.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Amegashita

Witchcraft is an interesting subject.  I did some research on it for story purposes and it's quite indepth, from witchcraft in real life to witchcraft in a fictional sense. 

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fire Star

Dislike the stereotype witch lol exactly the opposite of what we are really about.

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegreatfour

believe what you believe. It makes the world a funny place in a weird kind of way

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By lazyturtle
@Decoy Elite said:
" I'm reading Beowulf right now, good poem, really mixes the traditional Pagan values with the Christan values well.  Anyway, I don't have any issues with Pagan/Witchcraft/Wicca stuff, I'm a kind live and let live guy so as long as no one is infringing on others rights and such I'm cool with them. "
Thats all of Christianity. Many of the holidays and rituals developed by the church reflected those of the people who were being converted. Its no coincidence that Christmas overlaps Yule and Easter is right around the same time as Beltine. Nor is it a coincidence that the imagery for these holidays are the same as the pagan ones.  

Personally, I feel that pagan religions or wicca are equally as valid as mainstream religions like Hindu, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Of course I've been an atheist for roughly 30 years so....
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fire Star
@lazyturtle said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" I'm reading Beowulf right now, good poem, really mixes the traditional Pagan values with the Christan values well.  Anyway, I don't have any issues with Pagan/Witchcraft/Wicca stuff, I'm a kind live and let live guy so as long as no one is infringing on others rights and such I'm cool with them. "
Thats all of Christianity. Many of the holidays and rituals developed by the church reflected those of the people who were being converted. Its no coincidence that Christmas overlaps Yule and Easter is right around the same time as Beltine. Nor is it a coincidence that the imagery for these holidays are the same as the pagan ones.   Personally, I feel that pagan religions or wicca are equally as valid as mainstream religions like Hindu, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Of course I've been an atheist for roughly 30 years so.... "

Wow very informed, most people are usually aren't.... sadly. But this is all true...
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite
@lazyturtle said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
Thats all of Christianity. Many of the holidays and rituals developed by the church reflected those of the people who were being converted. Its no coincidence that Christmas overlaps Yule and Easter is right around the same time as Beltine. Nor is it a coincidence that the imagery for these holidays are the same as the pagan ones.   Personally, I feel that pagan religions or wicca are equally as valid as mainstream religions like Hindu, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Of course I've been an atheist for roughly 30 years so.... "
Well yes, and Beowulf is a great epic poem where you can really see the overlapping of the two values.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I respect the faiths of all people and am keenly aware that douchebags abound in all religions. Beyond that Wicca is an interesting field of study as a syncretist belief system

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thegreatfour

what about Scientology or Satanism? people might have stronger feelings about that

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fire Star
@thegreatfour said:
"what about Scientology or Satanism? people might have stronger feelings about that"

Stronger feelings ? Well there are the respective people like everybody who has posted on this but don't get what you mean by "stronger feelings?" Besides isn't satanism the worship of yourself, I heard it wasn't actually reversed Christianity.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@thegreatfour said:
" what about Scientology "
it preys on people.
@thegreatfour said:
" Satanism?"
laughable most of the time.
@Fire Star said:
" Besides isn't satanism the worship of yourself, I heard it wasn't actually reversed Christianity. "
it really depends on which strand.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fire Star
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @thegreatfour said:
" what about Scientology "
it preys on people.
@thegreatfour said:
" Satanism?"
laughable most of the time.
@Fire Star said:
" Besides isn't satanism the worship of yourself, I heard it wasn't actually reversed Christianity. "
it really depends on which strand. "

Ahh, its funny, Wicca's symbol, the pentacle, and Satanism, the upside down pentacle, everyone assumes they are associated, which they aren't at all.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
Voodoo for the win... lol
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Fire Star said:
" Ahh, its funny, Wicca's symbol, the pentacle, and Satanism, the upside down pentacle, everyone assumes they are associated, which they aren't at all. "
As I've said, it really depends on the strand Satanism is not a unified belief nor do the strands have the same origin. Some do worship the Satan entity as being others don't and follow much more complex structure. Even if in my opinion, most of it is laughable.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fire Star
@King Saturn said:
"Voodoo for the win... lol "
lol
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Fire Star said:
" Ahh, its funny, Wicca's symbol, the pentacle, and Satanism, the upside down pentacle, everyone assumes they are associated, which they aren't at all. "
As I've said, it really depends on the strand Satanism is not a unified belief nor do the strands have the same origin. Some do worship the Satan entity as being others don't and follow much more complex structure. Even if in my opinion, most of it is laughable. "

Agreed
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By weaponxx
@Fire Star: What do you mean by you are a witch? I am honestly curious... what defines being a witch?

Does anyone believe in spells and such?

I am just curious, not criticizing...
Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

Anything possible.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fire Star
@weaponx said:

" @Fire Star: What do you mean by you are a witch? I am honestly curious... what defines being a witch?  Does anyone believe in spells and such?  I am just curious, not criticizing..."

A witch is somone who perhaps practices a religon called Wicca. Which has a God and a Goddess, and uses herbs, spells, and yes, spells are believed, they are just our version of prayer. And a WItch may also not be Wiccan, but may just use wide ranges of herbs and spells. I believe in the Lady and the Lord, and that they are the creation, and pray to them for the nature given to us.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fire Star

Also there is no really "defenition"  of what a witch is, everybody's opinion on what makes somebody a witch is very different, however some are the same or similar.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Probably not my cup of tea.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fire Star
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"Probably not my cup of tea. "

Not everyones for sure. Some people just aren't as spiritual as others..... 
In any case, I respect all religons...
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Fire Star said:
 Some people just aren't as spiritual as others "
Wicca not being your cup of tea does not make you less spiritual a person.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fire Star
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Fire Star said:
 Some people just aren't as spiritual as others "
Wicca not being your cup of tea does not make you less spiritual a person. "

No, and If I implied that I am sorry, its just a general, most Wiccans and Pagans are more spiritual people than most.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Fire Star said:
"  
 its just a general, most Wiccans and Pagans are more spiritual people than most. "
That is absolutely not true.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weaponxx
@Fire Star: Thanks:)
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fire Star
@weaponx said:
" @Fire Star: Thanks:) "

Welcome.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fire Star
@weaponx said:
" @Fire Star: Thanks:) "
Any more questions, feel free to ask. 
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if i were say someone who was down i would likely keep it to myself.
you never know if there's say, persons in your community who uphold
silly archaic age of virtue style beliefs who will lynch you when they find out.
doesn't seem right of course, but who really wants to be lynched.

most are supposed to be a private practice anyways and not organized
from what i've read anyways. a religion is supposed to be felt not waved
on a flag to credit oneself with. really if one has a religion/faith and it
works their set, i don't understand the need to scream out that they're
what they are i guess. faith helps you but it doesn't make you who
you are. you make you.

*added for clarity: i'm speaking of the first paragraph not from opinion
or what i'm told, but what i've actually seen, too many times. at least in
the US. a tolerant world would be great, but we actually live in one filled
with intolerance. i don't think i actually have to point out how many churches
have burned in the past few years for example. sadly America has not evolved
and has not come a long way from where its been. Its just a big messy melting 
pot.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Roddy010
@King Saturn: Lol yes....
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I've always found it kinda interesting :]

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fire Star
@Mr. Mercury:
??? what is it, it won't play ?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By difficlus

I personally don't like that stuff, it gives me a spooks and the fact they exist and can be used for nefarious purposes is even scarier.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By difficlus
@Fire Star said:
" @weaponx said:

" @Fire Star: What do you mean by you are a witch? I am honestly curious... what defines being a witch?  Does anyone believe in spells and such?  I am just curious, not criticizing..."

A witch is somone who perhaps practices a religon called Wicca. Which has a God and a Goddess, and uses herbs, spells, and yes, spells are believed, they are just our version of prayer. And a WItch may also not be Wiccan, but may just use wide ranges of herbs and spells. I believe in the Lady and the Lord, and that they are the creation, and pray to them for the nature given to us. "
so what about the universe? do you believe this god created the universe too, do other planets have their own gods?
Deih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deih

I'm into Wicca, but never found a Wicca master/mistress to train me.. I also dabbled in healing at one point, but I think I accidentally blocked my own energy, trying to make myself taller :P

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fire Star
@difficlus said:
" @Fire Star said:
" @weaponx said:

A witch is somone who perhaps practices a religon called Wicca. Which has a God and a Goddess, and uses herbs, spells, and yes, spells are believed, they are just our version of prayer. And a WItch may also not be Wiccan, but may just use wide ranges of herbs and spells. I believe in the Lady and the Lord, and that they are the creation, and pray to them for the nature given to us. "
so what about the universe? do you believe this god created the universe too, do other planets have their own gods? "

God and Goddess, its all about the balance, and yes they also created the univers. Other planets, I guess it depends, I know some pantheons represent the planets.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By difficlus
@Fire Star said:
" @difficlus said:
" @Fire Star said:
" @weaponx said:

so what about the universe? do you believe this god created the universe too, do other planets have their own gods? "
God and Goddess, its all about the balance, and yes they also created the univers. Other planets, I guess it depends, I know some pantheons represent the planets. "
God and Goddess? explain that. Gaea and Kronos or something? So these guys rule over all the planets too? and do these planets have life on them? Do you believe in angels and demons?

sorry if i sound stupid im curious
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fire Star

God and Goddess created the universe, female and male balance. They don't "rule" your thinking myths. they created, and planets having life depends on the person, not there religion. I believe in spirits and negative energy, spirits can be good or bad.
Avatar image for neptune_god_of_water
Neptune God of Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@difficlus said:
"I personally don't like that stuff, it gives me a spooks and the fact they exist and can be used for nefarious purposes is even scarier. "

What does nefarious purposes mean ?
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hawk

Oh we better lock this thread before someone starts an agrument!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I have no problem with it. Worship what you want too. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By Mercy_
@TheDrifter
This.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@The Dark Huntress said:
"@TheDrifter
This."
:)
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By difficlus
@Neptune God of Water said:
" @difficlus said:
"I personally don't like that stuff, it gives me a spooks and the fact they exist and can be used for nefarious purposes is even scarier. "
What does nefarious purposes mean ? "
evil intentions, bad intentions etc, like been used to prevent a woman from giving birth or curses etc
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fire Star
@difficlus said:
" @Neptune God of Water said:
" @difficlus said:
What does nefarious purposes mean ? "
evil intentions, bad intentions etc, like been used to prevent a woman from giving birth or curses etc "

if that has happend, then that is not what my religion is about. And we don't even do curses, they don't even exist to us....
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hellos

I don't have a problem with them. 
Theres only one witch I have a problem with.