Pacquiao vs Marquez III ( pre-fight opinions )

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eatmore_payless

Come all boxing fans here, I want to hear all your opinions about there third fight!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably should be moved to the Off-Topic forum.

As for this fight I'm backing Pacman.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

Pacman would win. But I'm not counting Marquez out. Still, odds are in favour of the Gen San Singer.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher

I want Pacquiao to win so that Mayweather will stop claiming that he's the best. : )

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By emperorznb

Pacquiao would win... He would surely enjoy the fighting a great opponent which is Juan Manuel Marquez

But Pacquiao should turn his bloodlust on when fighting Mayweather... hate that guy

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Static Shock

I won't be watching this. That much is certain. I'll wait for Pacquiao's fight with Mayweather next year.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
I want Pacman to win.
shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shrmntnk62

Manny knocks him out in the 4th. The sooner this fight is over the sooner they can start planning the Mayweather fight. The one where beat Pacman beats in Floyd's face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hate towards Floyd must be due to his personality, no way it can't be due to his boxing skill.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

@_slim_ said:

The hate towards Floyd must be due to his personality, no way it can't be due to his boxing skill.

Agreed. People may not like him, but they should be willing to accept that he's an amazing boxer.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Anyway, for those that think Pacquiao can beat Mayweather, check boxing styles. Pacquiao is an offensive boxer that throws a lot of punches, and his defense is pretty lackluster. Mayweather is just as fast as Pacquiao, but the difference is that Mayweather is a defensive boxer/counter-puncher. His style is massively effective against a boxer like Pacquiao. Worked on Ortiz. Worked on Hatton. Worked on De La Hoya.

Point. Blank. Period.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Static Shock: I think not! Pacmans defense ain't lackluster, there was a great general who said " Your great offense is your great defense " so considering the fact that Manny is a heck of a punch thrower and considered as " the Flash of the boxing ring " b many of comicvine users, his defense depends on how much speed does he give out in a fight. Many have tried to knock him, in the time where he fought Cotto, Cotto quoted that " he is fast..". And if we look at all his fights, his opponent have some hard time laying a punch right out of him. And note all of his opponents got beat up real bad, even the one named Joshua Clottey, with all his turtle defense got beat up. I admit Mayweather is one skilled fighter, after I watched his fight against Ortiz, I do believed that being an aggressive fighter is not very effective if you are facing an opponent like Mayweather. But I can see only one weakness in Floyd, that his style won't be effective if he is cornered, or in the midst of a fast phase of the match, where his enemy is throwing numerous punch on him, as seen in his past fight.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
I actually think Pacquiao vs Marquez will Go The Distance... it might be a TKO stoppage in Favor of Pacquiao in the Later Rounds... but I don't think Pac Man will run over Marquez so easily... Marquez has Heart... he has been knocked down multiple times only to get back up and fight like a true warrior. I am thinking this fight will be good if not great. I hope so at least 

BTW - I heard someone say that Floyd Mayweather might fight Erik Morales in 2012... is that really true ? cause if it is... that is messed up. Morales is not what he used to be... hell I think Morales had a 4 fight losing streak not too long ago. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

@eatmore_payless: It's definitely lackluster. Offense is offense and defense is defense. If you don't believe me, check his fight with Mosley. Mosley didn't have too many issues tagging Pacquiao, when Pacquiao was clearly faster than he was. Dude was getting tagged by shots that could have been avoided. Mayweather is faster than Mosley, and look at how that fight turned out. Truth is, Pacquiao relies on his chin. He eats punches. You can see it every fight he's been in. As for all of Pacquiao's opponents, neither of them fight as effectively as Mayweather does, nor do they emulate his style of boxing, so that's a moot point. In Pacquiao's case, there are several boxers that fight just like him, but the only difference is his speed compared to other boxers. Mayweather can easily match that.

As far as anyone knocking him out, Mayweather isn't going for the knock out. He fights for results to get the majority.

Ortiz's attempt at cornering Mayweather wasn't that effective, anyway. His punches did absolutely nothing when he had Mayweather against ropes, and even Mayweather made that very clear for him.

Pacquiao is going to need to change up his style before he jumps in the ring with Mayweather.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

@King Saturn: Everyone else is speculating that Pacquiao will fight him next year...

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eatmore_payless

@King Saturn: Floyd/Morales will never happen, Morales is not dum enough to fight him, Floyds way above his league I mean way way way above Morales's league

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By sexy_merc

Hopefully there's a clean KO this time around.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By cascadeking09

Leanin towards Manny on the win due to the weight advantage he'll surely have, but I don't want to count out JMM he's too smart and was able to control their first two fights with smart counter punching. Manny's best bet at a convincing win is to keep the fight in the center of the ring like with Cotto(this will be extremely hard against a fighter that isn't flat footed.) and watch for the left hook because it will be coming.

@King Saturn said:

I actually think Pacquiao vs Marquez will Go The Distance... it might be a TKO stoppage in Favor of Pacquiao in the Later Rounds... but I don't think Pac Man will run over Marquez so easily... Marquez has Heart... he has been knocked down multiple times only to get back up and fight like a true warrior. I am thinking this fight will be good if not great. I hope so at least

BTW - I heard someone say that Floyd Mayweather might fight Erik Morales in 2012... is that really true ? cause if it is... that is messed up. Morales is not what he used to be... hell I think Morales had a 4 fight losing streak not too long ago.

It's not true. I heard he was joking about that and he's tryin to book a fight with Martinez for May 5th 2012.

@Static Shock said:

@King Saturn: Everyone else is speculating that Pacquiao will fight him next year...

For sanity's sake everyone should give up on that, Manny will be signing on to fight TopRank newbie Tim Bradley as soon as his fight with Marquez is over. I'd put money on Pac/Bradley being slow and hardly exciting just like the Mosley fight...no pun intended.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

Leanin towards Manny on the win due to the weight advantage he'll surely have, but I don't want to count JMM he's too smart and was able to control their first two fights with smart counter punching. Manny's best bet at a convincing win is to keep the fight in the center of the ring like with Cotto(this will be extremely hard against a fighter that isn't flat footed.) and watch for the left hook because it will be coming.

@King Saturn said:

It's not true. I heard he was joking about that and he's tryin to book a fight with Martinez for May 5th 2012.\

@Static Shock said:

For sanity's sake everyone should give up on that, Manny will be signing on to fight TopRank newbie Tim Bradley as soon as his fight with Marquez is over. I'd put money on Pac/Bradley being slow and hardly exciting just like the Mosley fight...no pun intended.

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather ? 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

@_slim_ said:

You looking at me? Nyehehe! Yeah I hate him cause of his gigantic ego. But he really is an all-time great. He's a technical genius of the sweet science. He's fast and a real boxer, not a slugger. And most of all, he's a mutha f***ing j@ck@$$!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad
My comment wasn't really directed at anybody specific. Just wondering if the hate for Floyd was because of his personality or his ring skills. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad

@_slim_ said:

@ssejllenrad: My comment wasn't really directed at anybody specific. Just wondering if the hate for Floyd was because of his personality or his ring skills.

I know. I was just showing how that description fits mine. :D

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blur99

@Static Shock said:

Anyway, for those that think Pacquiao can beat Mayweather, check boxing styles. Pacquiao is an offensive boxer that throws a lot of punches, and his defense is pretty lackluster. Mayweather is just as fast as Pacquiao, but the difference is that Mayweather is a defensive boxer/counter-puncher. His style is massively effective against a boxer like Pacquiao. Worked on Ortiz. Worked on Hatton. Worked on De La Hoya.

Point. Blank. Period.

Pac is the smaller faster compared to Floyd. He is crazy fast.

Pac is going to KO JMM. JMM is great but not at above 135.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssejllenrad

I'm gonna go off-topic here: I have Filipino blood in me and so I like Manny above all current boxers. But I am willing to bet that douche Floyd will beat him 7/10 times due to nature of boxing. A slugger can beat a technical fighter but that would be less likely than the other way around. Boxing is a science and when you're on top, you got to know that sweet science. I'm not saying Pacquiao is a plain slugger/brawler. He's improved his boxing a lot ever since he's been under Roach. But it still ain't enough to call him a technical fighter. Now that a-hole Floyd has been a scientific boxer ever since he began. That's his game. At best, Manny is a pressure swarmer/ boxer-puncher. And so I can make the comparison to Duran v Leonard bouts. Yes Duran won the first one. But then Leonard won the succeeding (including the No Mas) bouts. That's because the technical boxer has so much in his arsenal compared to the pressure fighter.

With that said, IF they fight, I'm still gonna put my trust with (what I think is) Pacman's 3/10 chance against that douche and hope he beats that real-life villain. Well Rocky won against Apollo, didn't he? :D

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

@blur99 said:

He's not faster than Mayweather.

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blur99
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

@blur99: He's still not faster than Mayweather...

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blur99

@Static Shock said:

Haha. Funny stuff.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read my words, Floyd haves no hearts and no balls, he just wants Pacman gets old to try to beat him.

He would never face him is Pacman haves a chance to win, the guy is a coward, such a little man, also De la Hoya was lucky, the only reason he became a legend is that the guy pick figth with great boxers, when those boxers where hurt in some way.

Chavez at his prime would ko Floyd in the third round.

Marquez have beat Pacman in the past, if you think about it, this will be better that the Floyd vs Pacman, because that figth will happen in the year 2020.

FLOYD IS A COWARD!!!!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

FLOYD IS A COWARD!!!!

You make it sound like Floyd is running from Pacquiao, when they are really just running from each other. -_-

@blur99 said:

Haha. Funny stuff.

I'm not worried about what Mosley is saying. The percentage of total punches he landed on Mayweather is equal to what he he landed on Pacquiao. Either way, Pacquiao isn't an evasive boxer and his defense isn't that great.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Leanin towards Manny on the win due to the weight advantage he'll surely have, but I don't want to count JMM he's too smart and was able to control their first two fights with smart counter punching. Manny's best bet at a convincing win is to keep the fight in the center of the ring like with Cotto(this will be extremely hard against a fighter that isn't flat footed.) and watch for the left hook because it will be coming.

@King Saturn said:

It's not true. I heard he was joking about that and he's tryin to book a fight with Martinez for May 5th 2012.\

@Static Shock said:

Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather ?

Yea

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cascadeking09

@Static Shock said:

@blur99 said:

He's not faster than Mayweather.

You agree? I honestly find it hard to tell who's faster at times, but Mayweather's hand aren't the only thing fast about him so I always assumed he was faster.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@Static Shock said:

@_slim_ said:

Agreed. People may not like him, but they should be willing to accept that he's an amazing boxer.

He is a great boxer but I dislike his personality.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

@Mr. Smiths: Admitting to something is the first step to greatness.

@cascadeking09 said:

You agree? I honestly find it hard to tell who's faster at times, but Mayweather's hand aren't the only thing fast about him so I always assumed he was faster.

I think Mayweather's hand speed is just as fast as Pacquiao's. But, as far as reflexes and evasiveness, it goes to Mayweather.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Static Shock said:

@cascadeking09 said:

I think Mayweather's hand speed is just as fast as Pacquiao's. But, as far as reflexes and evasiveness, it goes to Mayweather.

IMO Pacman's hand speed is a wee bit faster but not as calculated as Floyd's. At lower weights, Manny was surely faster in hands. Leg, head, and body movement -Floyd has and always be faster. Mouth -Floyd is definitely way way way faster. Nyehehe!

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cascadeking09

@Static Shock said:

@cascadeking09 said:

definitely.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
I told you all that Pacquiao vs Marquez would go this Distance in this fight... and apparently it was a great fight. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn: I feel like Marquez was robbed he was in control of the fight from rounds 1 to 10 and then somehow Manny got the decision for the victory? Why is it that even Khan was saying that Manny looked like he was losing and that he never thought Manny would lose until that?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@blur99 said:

@Static Shock said:

Haha. Funny stuff.

somehow Mayweather's last name reminds me of Storm. : )

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn: I feel like Marquez was robbed he was in control of the fight from rounds 1 to 10 and then somehow Manny got the decision for the victory? Why is it that even Khan was saying that Manny looked like he was losing and that he never thought Manny would lose until that?

so Manny won???

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By sexy_merc

Can't say I'm surprised. You don't leave decisions to the judges, especially when you're facing someone like Pacquiao. We know who really won that fight.

I don't blame Floyd for not facing Pacquiao. Losing an undefeated streak to the corrupt judges would be awful. If people still think Floyd would lose to this guy after tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

Fatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fatal
@Sexy Merc: I find myself in total agreement with your statement.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cascadeking09

@jhazzroucher said:

@blur99 said:

@Static Shock said:

Haha. Funny stuff.

somehow Mayweather's last name reminds me of Storm. : )

@cascadeking09 said:

so Manny won???

Yeah and it was bs, he struggled to even win the rounds that he did. I'm glad I didn't pay to watch this fight or I'd be pissed off. Que sera sera I guess. Let's see how Manny does against Tim Bradley next.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#43  Edited By Deadcool

Marquez won... The fight was great!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ssejllenrad

@cascadeking09: @Sexy Merc:

Get your Pac-hating out of here right now! You guys are just biased. Manny was the champ and Marquez was supposed to not only keep the match close. He was expected to be aggressive being the challenger. The close rounds were given to Manny because he was the champ. IIt was controversial but it was not rigged. Get your lack of critical analysis and shove it up your....

*Rewatches the match*

F*ck it! Marquez won the match! Damn you Pacroid! Damn you Arum! I hate boxing politics!!!!! I'm not watching Top Rank boxing ever again!

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cascadeking09

@ssejllenrad: Lol but seriously it was screwed up and I'm not down to watch Manny fight anymore, it wasn't cool how he couldn't even come out and say that he felt Marquez gave the better fight and instead calls himself the clear winner. Roach had no gameplan for Manny it was just the same bs game plan as in 2008 and it still didn't work.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad

@cascadeking09: I think it's clear now that IF the Mayweather - Pacman fight happens, the even better counter-puncher FMJ would pretty much toy with Manny.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jhazzroucher

I know the fight wasn't that clear and people thought that Marquez won, but the judges are the ones who count the punches. Next time, you try to count the lands too to so you can compare your score to the judges score.

It looks like Mayweather's last fight and Manny's last fight were controversial

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

well we can see clearly now that Floyd Mayweather has even more reason not to face Pacquiao... cause even if Floyd controlled and dominated the fight with superior boxing against Pacquiao... he could still lose on decision to faulty judges... 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cascadeking09

@ssejllenrad said:

@cascadeking09: I think it's clear now that IF the Mayweather - Pacman fight happens, the even better counter-puncher FMJ would pretty much toy with Manny.

Yup.

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

well we can see clearly now that Floyd Mayweather has even more reason not to face Pacquiao... cause even if Floyd controlled and dominated the fight with superior boxing against Pacquiao... he could still lose on decision to faulty judges...

If they fought he would have to end it before the final bell and keep it out of the judges hands.