#1 Edited by Trodorne (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so ill make this quick, This was a great and entertaining movie. while the story did not offer us much in terms just basic character story. it did give us great visuals of EPIC robot and monster fighting. it made it seem so real.

The cast was awesome and the visuals were great. even though the story is predictable, it creates a universe you want to see again with some obvious changes... GIVE ME GODZILLA, Legendary has shown they can do Superman, Giant monster movies. so this leaves us open for future movies, maybe like a live action remake of ULTRAMAN! or even Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

anyways the movie I give a 4 out of 5. Its a great movie worth seeing once in theatres then wait for it to come out on DVD or Blu Ray, great cast and visuals make it worth the sit through. though slightly weak story it is easily made up.

Let me know what you guys think once you see the movie on my facebook or Comicvine account. peace out everyone and have a great weekend.

-Troy

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

The trailers/clips haven't done anything for me, but there's no denying the premise rocks and I'm hoping I soak in all of the awesomeness when I'm finally in the theater. Nice short and reasonable review, Troy. I think I'll check it out tonight.

Staff Online
#3 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion, for the west.

#4 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion, for the west.

My thoughts exactly.

Will be watching it this Saturday. From what I've read in the interviews and production work, del Toro seems to have put a lot of work into this (though I would've much preferred a Hellboy 3 or Lovecraft movie). Kinda disappointing that most reviews say it's a little light on the story depth, but still, least it'll be entertaining.

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and Charlie from its always sunny in Philadelphia is in this movie..

#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne said:

Oh and Charlie from its always sunny in Philadelphia is in this movie..

That's one of the really bright things I took from the theatrical trailer.

#7 Posted by Chibi_cute (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is insanely BADASS.. A jaeger using an oil tanker as a sword.WTF..

Michael bay will die of envy after seeing this film.

#8 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it sad that my brother wanted to see The Incredible Burt Wonderstone over this awesome thing?