Pacific Rim (2013)

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

I was downtown (Toronto) a couple days ago and I noticed all these giant monsters and sh~t. Didn't bother to really look into it because I was busy at the time. I was talking to a friend on a Skype, and it turns out it's for an upcoming film I've been hearing about a little while ago.

"This project will give the Hellboy filmmaker the opportunity to create two worlds. The first is an alternate version of Earth in the near future, decades after a historic date in November 2012 when the first kaiju, a towering Godzilla-like beast, emerged from a hole in the Pacific Ocean and attacked the city of Osaka, Japan. The second is “The Anteverse,” another universe on the other side of that gaping portal, 5 miles below our ocean’s surface. Since the first attack, the rim has been “spitting out” a variety of gigantic monsters at an increasing rate, which then stride out of the ocean and begin destroying sea-bordering cities, like Tokyo and Los Angeles. In order to combat these monstrous, otherworldly menaces, the military developed the “Jaeger” program, which trains teams of two pilots to jointly operate massive, building-sized mechanized suits of armor and high-tech weaponry."

"The main character is the pilot of one of these Jaeger juggernauts, 23-year-old Raleigh Antrobus, who is haunted by memories of the death of his brother and co-pilot, Yance, in combat with one of the monsters a year earlier. Other characters who apparently feature are Mako Mori, the new female co-pilot Raleigh is paired up with, and Felicity “Flick” Kincaid, investigative journalist and fiancé of the late Yance."

"Giant robots verses giant monsters. I cannot say more about the monsters. Some of the synopsis that is out there is not exactly accurate. There is going to be a gigantic spectacle of action, science fiction and horror."

"It’s the most fun I’ve had in a Hollywood movie. Ever. It should be almost illegal. We are enjoying it so much. We are designing monsters all day long. Gigantic fucking monsters all day long."

"I’m really a freak every place I go. I don’t quite fit in the independent scene. I don’t quite fit in the art scene. I don’t fit in the Hollywood scene. I’m a weird, strange, fat motherfucker and I plan to stay that way."

Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy, Charlie Day from Always Sunny, and Rinko Kikuchi (blockbuster role finally) are all in it. Del Toro seems to be really into the film, which is refreshing and good. Travis Beachem penned it. Looking forward to this.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Words cannot begin to describe my undying love for Del Toro and his films. 

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I hope these mecha suits come equipped with Jaeger bombs

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points