Pacific Rim 2 And Animated Show Confirmed!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

An animated show, huh?

So long as its not on CN, then it would have being good.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@dragonborn_ct: Aw come on, at least Stuart Synder is finally gone. So even if it does end up on CN, we won't have to worry about it getting canned prematurely.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KittyParker13

There's already a thread with this:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/pacific-rim-2-officially-announced-w-release-date-1577156/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As awesome as this news is I have to say, how are they going to find a way to make a sequel to Pacific Rim?

I mean if you watch the movie you would know that the ending kind of leaves us at a dead end, I mean they stopped the aliens & kaiju, all of the jaegers and everything is safe.

I can see them making a animated series with all the jaegers in the movie but in a different universe and with different chracters but not a sequel to the movie, maybe a prequel buy not a sequel.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KittyParker13

@jwwprod: Agreed. The ending was pretty concrete. A prequel would be pretty awesome, seeing how the different characters became heroes and their different experiences fighting kaiju. There are a lot of characters that seem really unique and interesting that don't get a lot of screen time in the movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Agreed. The ending was pretty concrete. A prequel would be pretty awesome, seeing how the different characters became heroes and their different experiences fighting kaiju. There are a lot of characters that seem really unique and interesting that don't get a lot of screen time in the movie.

The animated series will be a sequel to the comic (which is a prequel to the movie). The movie's ending actually isn't all that concrete, Del Toror actually set it up for a sequel that's why he added the scene with the doctor drifting with the kuiju.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13 said:

Yea, I would like to see more of Cherno Alpha & Crimson Typhoon though this seems like a no surprise answer.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Not sure why you're doing a movie considering how hard they struggled to (barely) make a profit, but whatever. I'll watch more robots fighting.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kittyparker13 said:

The animated series will be a sequel to the comic (which is a prequel to the movie). The movie's ending actually isn't all that concrete, Del Toror actually set it up for a sequel that's why he added the scene with the doctor drifting with the kuiju.

Yet all jaegers are destroyed, though they would most likely make new ones.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kittyparker13 said:

Yeah and I'm sure some of the ones that got wrecked early in the film could be rebuilt

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kittyparker13 said:

Yeah and I'm sure some of the ones that got wrecked early in the film could be rebuilt

Like Crimson Typhoon? because all that happened to him was that he lost his head.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The animated series could explore the golden age of Jaeger production covered in the prologue of the movie. It could be a chance to show several different robots and their pilots (who doesn't want to see what kind of robot the Japanese had?)

As for a sequel: just because they destroyed the rift in the first movie, that doesn't mean that the aliens can't make another one. Gypsy Danger didn't destroy their planet, just the place where the rift was being stablized. I think the sequel will explore more of the alien's motivation and culture.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kittyparker13 said:

Like Crimson Typhoon? because all that happened to him was that he lost his head.

Exactly and it was my favorite one lol

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jwwprod said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kittyparker13 said:

Exactly and it was my favorite one lol

It was a cool jaeger though I preferred Gipsy and Cherno.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ! Was the movie really that good?!

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: Its hard to think a sequel can happen.

They destroyed all the Jaegers already. The Jaeger program was cancelled by the United nations anyway. Most of the "characters" are dead. They destroyed the rift, so that should be the end. If the aliens make a new one, then whats next? Invasion of their homeworld!?

Its dumb, a sequel can never be pulled off well after how the ended the first movie. Its going to feel rush more than anything.

I am looking forward to a animated series that had other Jaegers fight battles other than Gypsy Danger who solo the Movie it was in lol.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Still haven't seen this movie, among many, many others :(

Though now I'm gonna have to. The channel for the animated series will depend on if it's kid friendly or not. If it is, I vote for The Hub. Then we could have a Pacific Rim/Transformers Prime crossover, (potentially lol)