• 87 results
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dextersinister

There was a sh*tstorm because this guy wore this shirt on TV.

No Caption Provided

Another sacrifice to the cult that see's sexism everywhere

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

I swear, people act like idiots at times when it comes to attractive images of the opposite sex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Who wouldn't were that shirt?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Exactly how many heterosexuals buy their jimmies pre rustled these days?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who wouldn't were that shirt?

word! I'd wear the sh*t out of that shirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God, he's wearing a shirt with attractive cartoon chicks on it!!!! This has hurt my feelings and they should hurt yours too!!

B!tch please.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter what, who or where, someone , somewhere is going to be offended by it and get a feature story on the nightly news. Its the way of the world these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can you give us any less context? At all?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: @JetiiMitra: Guys, I found an article.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RisingBean

From the link

"This is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome. They see a poster of greased up women in a colleague's office and they know they aren't respected. They hear comments about "bitches" while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors.

Really? Wow. Just F***ing wow. If people are that thin skinned, that a man on tv can discourage them to that degree they may as well find a cave to live in and never come out. I wonder what will happen when the news tells them what is going on in the middle east?

The article is more misogynistic then the shirt.

The biggest issue I see is that the scientist didn't have a backbone and apologized. Somebody somewhere is going to be offended no matter what you do. He owns and obviously likes the shirt, apologizing makes me feel he is a weak willed puppet. Also his pandering makes him a part of the problem.

Fascism is what these people seem to want in the name of feminism.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because you are offended doesn't make you right.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So apparently I'm the only person on Comicvine who agrees with the dislike for that shirt.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@kaang_the_watcher said:

So apparently I'm the only person on Comicvine who agrees with the dislike for that shirt.

The shirt is pretty dumb.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The air force used to have skimpier art on their planes... and no one gave a Hoover Dam. No one's trying to censor those in TV.

Still, admittedly the shirt can be viewed as in bad taste.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, people too sensitive nowadays

Ugly shirt tho

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BeaconofStrength
@wolverine08 said:

I swear, people act like idiots at times when it comes to attractive images of the opposite sex.

It's oppressive!

Even though a woman made it for him for his birthday.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you give us any less context? At all?

Why? the story is pretty big so I just assumed everybody would have heard it, apparently there was a bigger deal made out of this than the actual landing on the comet.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear the shirt was actually designed by a woman. It'd be so funny if that's true.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like dislike the shirt on a taste level almost certainly not, moral level you would be in a very small group on this site at least, most would consider it harmless.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you like dislike the shirt on a taste level almost certainly not, moral level you would be in a very small group on this site at least, most would consider it harmless.

Different people have different opinion I suppose and in my opinion wearing a shirt like that does give the impression women are being objectified. I might not find the shirt offensive enough to openly criticize it to the extent the article does but I still find that’s in terrible taste and understand why people are criticizing it.

Maybe i am too sensitive but that's how i felt.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

and in my opinion wearing a shirt like that does give the impression women are being objectified.

Nothing wrong with some boobs :)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing wrong with some boobs :)

=(

Now what can i comment after this ..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister said:

Different people have different opinion I suppose and in my opinion wearing a shirt like that does give the impression women are being objectified. I might not find the shirt offensive enough to openly criticize it to the extent the article does but I still find that’s in terrible taste and understand why people are criticizing it.

Well, I would wear a t-shirt with a handsome looking guy as well :P. I just like seeing me some good looking bodies. Doesn't really matter if it's male or female.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, this is akin to critisizing those Twilight or even one direction shirts that were popular with girls during their heyday.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister said:

You see that shirt as a representation of all women?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I would wear a t-shirt with a handsome looking guy as well :P. I just like seeing me some good looking bodies. Doesn't really matter if it's male or female.

Of course you would, coz you are a cannibal you would be thinking oh good looking people make awesome dinner. ^_^

But the point was I am equally against the idea of wearing shirts that presents guys in overtly sexual manner. It was not about whether they looked good or otherwise, but the idea of them being overtly sexualized.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Oh, I don't really have a problem with that. But I understand were you're coming from. It just doesn't bother me at all ^_^

And yes. I would eat them....

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see that shirt as a representation of all women?

No I don’t, but it is an attempt to sexualize a woman and that being worn in public place like a TV program for instance, can give the impression that it is perfectly okay to sexualize them which is what I dislike. Granted my disliking wouldn’t change much and I might be a little too sensitive in this regards, but hey that shouldn’t preclude me from commenting right?

^_^

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Oh, I don't really have a problem with that. But I understand were you're coming from.

That's all you could ask for really ^_^

If people can understand how others might feel because of their act or attire that would solve most problems relating to feminism.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dextersinister

@claymore1998: What's wrong with sexualizing a character.

Many women actually wore costumes like this in real life, you wouldn't say there wrong for doing so. many men and women sexualize themselves at times, it's a pretty important aspect of humanity.

I get that some people are uncomfortable with it and I see no shame in avoiding it but that shouldn't be pushed on to others.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@scorpion2501 said:

@claymore1998: Oh, I don't really have a problem with that. But I understand were you're coming from.

That's all you could ask for really ^_^

If people can understand how others might feel because of their act or attire that would solve most problems relating to feminism.

The reverse is also true.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well that is a hideous shirt. I would laugh at anyone who wore that.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: What's wrong with sexualizing a character.

This is a tricky thing to argue because there is no civil right or wrong in this regards but it ventures towards moral spectrum where arguments inherently become tricky. That is why I keep saying people have different opinions and in my opinion the shirt was in a terrible taste.

Many women actually wore costumes like this in real life, you wouldn't say there wrong for doing so. many men and women sexualize themselves at times, it's a pretty important aspect of humanity.

Which is fine but there is an appropriate time and place for things. Media that is broadcasted to everyone might not be the perfect place to sexualize yourself or others because the world likewise is replete with people who don’t take to these ideas very kindly. If someone wants to sexualize themselves in public to extremes they do often get criticized, regardless of their gender, for example: Miley Cyrus.

I just feel it was inappropriate time, place and occasion to be wearing that. Honestly I think my disagreement on the said choice would be alleviated if we were talking about a random guy on the street wearing it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Claymore1998

@dernman said:

The reverse is also true.

The reverse of people understanding how others might feel , would be the same thing no?

You are not allowed to confuse me :p

That's cheating ^_^

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

This is a tricky thing to argue because there is no civil right or wrong in this regards but it ventures towards moral spectrum where arguments inherently become tricky. That is why I keep saying people have different opinions and in my opinion the shirt was in a terrible taste.

In my personnel opinion anything can be done to a character as long as that character is not suppose to represent a group as a whole unless of course that that would be a clear fact.

You now have the problem where many writers will only feel safe taking risks with white male characters for fear of offending people that are overly sensitive about women or any character of there race being portrayed negatively.

If someone wants to sexualize themselves in public to extremes they do often get criticized, regardless of their gender, for example: Miley Cyrus.

Which I consider slut shaming, I see nothing wrong with what Miley does, you either come across Mileys antics through actively searching for it or because the media loves to write about her.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By dernman

@claymore1998:

The reverse of people understanding how others might feel , would be the same thing no?

That's not what I said. You said this.

The way you put it suggests only one side should seek to understand. IE The wearer should seek to understand how others view him. I proposed the reverse is just as important if not more so in many cases, that other people seek to understand the wearers view it.

Of course it touches on more than just wearing cloths but most interactions between people.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

We obviously have two different perspectives and hence see things differently, nothing wrong with that.

^_^

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: If it's just a matter of taste but to feel it's morally wrong makes me sad :(

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

That's not what I said. You said this.

Well what would be the opposite of understanding how others might feel?

The way you put it suggests only one side should seek to understand. IE The wearer should seek to understand how others view him. I proposed the reverse is just as important if not more so in many cases, that other people seek to understand the wearers view it.

Well that's not what i was trying to say. I said so after our beloved Cannibal mentioned he disagrees with me but at least sees my point. What i was trying to say was, in just about every situation, one person being able to see another point is all we could ask for, be it the person wearing it or others watching.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: If it's just a matter of taste but to feel it's morally wrong makes me sad :(

I can understand and I think cultural upbringing can have a huge impact on it. I am from a culture where sexualizing woman is viewed as the gravest of sins. While I might not be religious to believe every word literally, idea that has been repeated in front of you, again and again, from childhood tends to linger.

That's why I admit when it comes to these topics I might be more sensitive than others.

But I respect your opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

My only issue with his shirt is that it's unbelievably tacky.