PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By PurpleCandy

@joshmightbe said:

All "Found Footage" horror movies, they're all 2 hours of almost nothing happening with a jump scare at the end, if I want to see that I'll go on Youtube, it wastes less time and its free

Amen. I don't know why teenagers (I'm sure adults dont) seem to find them so entertanining when there just pretentious

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By joshmightbe

@PurpleCandy: I get that people like suspense but there's a huge difference between that and nothing interesting happening until the last second.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By PurpleCandy

@joshmightbe said:

@PurpleCandy: I get that people like suspense but there's a huge difference between that and nothing interesting happening until the last second.

True. Like in Cherynoble where it just seems like the Left 4 Dead game come to life only for the chick to die at the end, so I'm left with "wow that was a waste". And zombies do exist, but not exactly (not yet) as hardcore as they are in movies. And my terminology for those movies has always been "Low-Budget Horror Flick"

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#104  Edited By joshmightbe

@PurpleCandy: Low budget doesn't always mean bad, I've seen some great stuff done on a crap budget. The problem with the found footage trend is honestly the long stretches of these movies where nothing at all happens. Like those scenes in Paranormal activity where people are just sitting around, no attempt to make a creepy atmosphere or exposition just sitting, That's BS for something I paid 11 dollars to watch.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By Inverno

Probably Manos the Hands of Fate

Vitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Vitus

Napoleon Dynamite. I just...can't find it humorous.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ssejllenrad

@PurpleCandy said:

Amen. I don't know why teenagers (I'm sure adults dont) seem to find them so entertanining when there just pretentious

That's just how teens are. The demographics of the 70s mondo/shockumentary audiences were mostly teens. I'm willing to bet same goes back in the 90s with Blair Witch. And now, we just know that teens are the primary audience of the Paranormal Activity series.