OTR: Recommendations

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne

So people at work, strangers passing by, customers, and straight up followers ask me some random questions and my opinions on things in day to day life. So i figured I would take this moment to make a list of thing, namely being recommendations to you and everyone else who might come across this blog Via, Comicvine and Facebook. Now this does not happen often so do not expect this sort of thing as a periodical. but hey maybe once a month you might get this.

Food to cook:

No Caption Provided

Crepes: You thought pancakes were flat? Try these suckers, they can be a bit of a pain to make but it makes great for breakfast, lunch,dinner or desert. roll them up plain, or put some maple syrup or other tasty condiments on them.

Places to check out:

No Caption Provided

Comic Book / Book Stores: Lets face it with current trends out there with Super hero movies being made off of books and comics, it would be a wonder why most people do not go into these stores more often. Granted reading is not for everyone as it is a very disciplined practice. But hey from what ive seen in these store's there is something now in terms of books and comics for just about everyone now adays.

Activity to try:

No Caption Provided

Curling: I have to say. Curling would not have been in my top 5 of relaxing sports. But color my butt brown, it surprisingly is; despite screaming at your team mates to sweep hard. Most places community centers or rinks might have a game set up or two. It is a huge step down from hockey or other major league sports. And what other sport is there that allows access to a bar immediately after your done a game. now that's what i call a game of class. CHEERS!

Songs to listen too:

No Caption Provided

Feist: She became a huge sensation mainly with a college crowd back a few years ago. Her music had been showcased for iPod nano commercial using her song "1,2,3,4" and a La coste perfume commercial using her song "Mushaboom". Anyone who knows me will know I usually stick to classics like Beatles or Queen. But recently I find im listening to her song "Inside and Out" which is a really great song and think you guys should youtube it up.

Sites to visit:

No Caption Provided

Desura: Now people out there may claim to be hardcore gamers or are hip into what is jive in the industry; But this site is where you want to go to see what is new from Indy game developers. Full out alpha and beta games can be bought and played for by downloading for small dollars compared to your local video game store. Check out the new up and coming talent in the video game world and chat and review these games with other gamers. Plus also they do have mods for existing games. I run Linux and its great to see people making games that run on multiple OS's. Check it out here.

Words to use:

No Caption Provided

Determinative:adj~able to or serving to settle or determine; deciding

I have to say, that learning a new word is something I would like to try so I like to pick a new and yet uncommon word to try every so often.

Movies to watch:

No Caption Provided

The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou: I have to say that Wes Anderson surprised me that he can really make very good Dramedies. Great film with most of the soundtrack making use of David Bowie's old albums and making them relevant for this movie. Its an all-star cast which plays out like an independent film. Bill murray is awesome as he always is. But even though it is funny it almost makes you want to cry at the end. Check it out and know what im talking about when I say that.

So that is all I have to recommend to all of you. Im sure I would do more but you all have your own lives to live. Maybe some how i've added to it on some level. But im out, take care of yourselves and each other.

-Good Journey,

Troy Martin

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I love crepes and Bill Murray! I saw Life Aquatic years ago, I don't know if it made as much of an impact with me as say The Royal Tenebaums or Fantastic Mr. Fox. But I remember enjoying it, maybe I should give it another go.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Trodorne

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

The Royal Tenebaums

Man that movie i have not seen in years either. I should really watch that again.