#1 Posted by Solanum (29 posts) - - Show Bio

So... I seem to have this inescapable (and potentially lethal) reflex to chew on and otherwise put things in my mouth (no innuendos please). Most recently, I've noticed that I start when I'm paying attention to more important and/or fulfilling things (typing on forums perhaps?).

Recently:

~Nearly choked [to death] on a bottle cap.

~Nearly swallowed razor [don't ask].

Does anyone else have similar impulses?

#2 Posted by the boogeyman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

i do, when i'm surfing the net i chew my pen. right now i am chewing the collar of my shirt.

#3 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i am in awe of the level of cleanliness this thread is still attaining.

#4 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Sol, get some gum, man. That's dangerous. To answer the question: nothing but my nails occasionally

#5 Posted by Shyft (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Tlieso says:

"i am in awe of the level of cleanliness this thread is still attaining. "

Isn't it grand?

#6 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Shyft says:

"Tlieso says:
"i am in awe of the level of cleanliness this thread is still attaining. "

Isn't it grand?"

it is.

#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Nearly swallowed razor [don't ask].

Sorry I have to ask WTF a razor do explain please.

#8 Posted by Shyft (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Hagane Enna says:

"Sol, get some gum, man. That's dangerous. To answer the question: nothing but my nails occasionally"

I don't like gum... I need a pacifier (I call it a bipi)

#9 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

last_Arrow says:

"Nearly swallowed razor [don't ask].Sorry I have to ask WTF a razor do explain please."

Honestly. Sounds sort of retarded.

#10 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually just keep a small box of Slim Jims available.

#11 Posted by Solanum (29 posts) - - Show Bio

NiteFly says:

"last_Arrow says:
"Nearly swallowed razor [don't ask].Sorry I have to ask WTF a razor do explain please."

Honestly. Sounds sort of retarded."

I completely agree. I didn't choke on it though (like the metal bottle cap to a Jones Soda). It was just something to chew on and I wasn't paying attention.

#12 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez, I'd hate to stick my fingers anywhere near you. I might not get em' back. Oh, and I added you as a friend.

#13 Posted by Solanum (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Geez, I'd hate to stick my fingers anywhere near you. I might not get em' back. Oh, and I added you as a friend."

Shazam. I don't generally bite fingers, or anything organic usually.

#14 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you never know. Still, I wouldn't take the risk. Puts hands in pockets

#15 Posted by Tad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I've grown out of my oral fixation a bit, I used to chew on every thing as a kid, but I also don't like gum. I used to like paper and shirts. My old cell phone was just the right length or size or something for me to stick out my pinky and chew on it so I would get off of a long phonecall and my pinky finger would be all wrinkly and I would be muchly disturbed.

#16 Posted by Shyft (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Tad says:

"I've grown out of my oral fixation a bit, I used to chew on every thing as a kid, but I also don't like gum. I used to like paper and shirts. My old cell phone was just the right length or size or something for me to stick out my pinky and chew on it so I would get off of a long phonecall and my pinky finger would be all wrinkly and I would be muchly disturbed."

I sympathize.

#17 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was younger I sometimes chewed right through pencils . . .

#18 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I always have to listen to music when surfing the net and when that happens, I sometimes clatter my teeth to the rhythm of the song. Other than that, I sometimes flex my jaw muscles.

#19 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"I always have to listen to music when surfing the net and when that happens, I sometimes clatter my teeth to the rhythm of the song. Other than that, I sometimes flex my jaw muscles."

I do the same thing. It starts to hurt if there's a long guitar solo though.

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84597 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus, you people need a chew toy.

#21 Posted by WraithGod (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the same problem, and a chew toy would be nice, hehe. Might look a little odd though, but gum doesn't cut it. I wouldn't chew on a razor, though... nothing metal, I just mangle pens and, lacking anything else, my cuticles, to death.

"I always have to listen to music when surfing the net and when that happens, I sometimes clatter my teeth to the rhythm of the song. Other than that, I sometimes flex my jaw muscles."

Yeah, I do that all the time too. o.0

#22 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm amazed at what the simple phrase "no innuendos please" can do, it's turned a group of usually perverted people into completely civil ladies and gentleman. I'm impressed! Yeah, I chew my nails a lot.

#23 Posted by Solanum (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a pacifiar (spelling?)... But I call it a bipi!

#24 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate chewing on things. I never use the computer without playing itunes as well and I usually have like a million empty tabs open at all times for no reason.