On the British "drug mules" arrested in Peru

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Yesterday's Daily Mail (August 16, 2013) article on the two young British women arrested in Peru on charges of acting as "drug mules" by Jan Moir could have been written by me and should be pinned up in the editorial offices of every Fleet Street tabloid. Firstly Ms Moir cuts through the cant and self serving bullshit that has clouded this case since it became public knowedge this week- transportation of illicit(esp narcotic) substances is a serious offence in any society secondly complaints about prison conditions miss the point- if you can't do the time, then don't do the time, as the old saying runs- as are the fact that it might take up to three years for their case to come to trial. Thirdly Peru, unlike Saudi Arabia, Castro's Cuba, China and Putin's Russia, is NOT a society with an abusive reputation. All in all, I am sick of reading about Britons who break local laws and then expect to get a free pass- WHEN IN ROME FOLLOW ROMAN MORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- esp when photogenic or /and female!

Anybody think as I do?

Terry