#1 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comic Old Man Logan Wolverine fights the older version of Hulk who consumes Logan whole. Later on Hulk gets severe pains and Wolverine bursts out of his chest after healing. For some reason after he bursts out of Hulk's chest the Hulk lays dead on the floor. My question is WHERE DID THE HULK'S HEALING FACTOR GO? He was in human form when Logan stabbed him with his claws and that just made him turn into the Hulk. Hulk's healing factor is WAY better than Wolverine's so why did Hulk seemingly fall and die after Logan burst out of his chest when Hulk has survived getting his skin and muscle shredded then healing it back?

#2 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it was just meant to be a Western style tale that doesn't exactly follow Marvel lore. 

Hulk probably should've been able to recover, but who knows, maybe as he got older, his healing factor started to deteriorate. I mean, they also have Bruce Banner having sex with his cousin, so I wouldn't take too much to heart. 

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Eh, it was just meant to be a Western style tale that doesn't exactly follow Marvel lore. Hulk probably should've been able to recover, but who knows, maybe as he got older, his healing factor started to deteriorate. I mean, they also have Bruce Banner having sex with his cousin, so I wouldn't take too much to heart.

True. Was the death confirmed though? Maybe he actually did survive but he didn't heal on-panel.

#4 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I don't think it was ever confirmed but who knows. I'd be interested to know if they were planning on continuing this storyline with Logan and the Hulk-baby.
#5 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I don't think it was ever confirmed but who knows. I'd be interested to know if they were planning on continuing this storyline with Logan and the Hulk-baby.

Didn't they already do that in one story? I think is was a Fantastic Four story.

#6 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

I was under the impression that his healing factor had been weakened over the year, which is how Wolverine was able to defeat him that way.

#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@StMichalofWilson: Oh really? Like as in they continued the Old Man Logan storyline?
#8 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he did manage to kill Iceman so why not.
BB

#9 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: Sort of. Old Man Logan and Hulk Jr. did make an appearace in the Fantastic Four storyline "World's Greatest". That's all I know

#10 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulks healing factor had obviouslly slowed down since he had aged, but then again has anyone ever tried to rip hulk apart from the inside?

Im glad hulk was killed he is one of the worst characters in marvel.