Oh I wish I wish I hadn't squished that...snail.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Edited By Dark Walker

Stepped on a snail, the things are all over the place but when I heard that crunch under my foot I knew I had snail guts stuck to my shoe.  I keep finding the poor things squished all over the parking lot or doorways.  Yesterday one snail came for the funeral for its squished friend.  Gotta feel bad for those things, its not like they have a chance of running out of the way or anything.  Not like those stupid squirrels (SQUIRREL!) that dart back and forth in traffic and can never make up their mind whether to keep going or to run back. 

LOL

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

Would have poured bleach on my foot, and thrown the shoes away...far away 

spawn devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By spawn devil

Lol, I remember when those kind of things happened to me, I never thought I actually took a life just because I made a step, I just thought I got dirt on my shoes...I now see it is actually depressing in a way.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By N7_Normandy

are we really mourning over a snail?  What's the point in that? 

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark Walker
@N7_Normandy:   No, I meant it in jest hence the LOL at the end.  ;-)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
a snail... thats something I havent seen in a while
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you owe me a snail. i expect payment in full, none of that part of a snail nonsense.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Darkseid Elite

i go out of my way to not step on bugs if i see them on the ground. they may be small and stuff but they're still living creatures and could you imagine getting stepped on by a giant? getting smeered all over the ground.
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dark Walker
@King Saturn:   Really?  There's a ton around here, they even crawl up the building, up the roll up doors, windows, one even got inside and climbed up the 20 ft wall to rest near the ceiling like a spider.  Creepy.  I think it was trying to commit suicide because a drop like that if it fell would definitely turn it into snail splatter.  

@CATMANEXE:  I'm so sorry, if you'd like I could scoop up the squished ones to send to you, and you can see if you can put them back together and bring them back to life.  

@Darkseid Elite:  I try not to step on them, but this one I just didn't notice when I went out to check the mileage on a UHaul truck.  I felt bad after I stepped on it, if just for the crunching sound alone and knowing what is under your foot, it's gross.  The only thing I kill are spiders,  because I hate spiders they creep me out.  I have arachnophobia.  :-D

I did spare a few snails that were out by the main doors, I picked them up and put them out of danger from being stepped on.   That reminds me I need to go check for more before someone comes in and steps on one dragging snail slime all over my floor. 
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark Walker: 
i'm holding you to that. send him to the comicvine office and we'll negotiate it from there.
i have an air compressor that should get the little guy moving again.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Murderer!! You kill Stephen! He...he .. was my world........

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By ragdollpurps

i always use my phone as a flashlight just to make sure i don't squish those little bastards. they get everywhereeee on the walkway to my house.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark Walker: 
I'll stop screwing around now and tell you that I do actually agree with your feelings here.
I get the same way. But I've developed an ability over time to discern what needs to be
held. Animals like say deer, cats, dogs, rabbits, squirrels, birds, ect are the ones you really
got to invest the emotions in. Snails don't even know it happened and they're bound for
it very soon anyways. They don't really have full lives as it is, and are only around to serve
a purpose to the natural order of things. They're not even fully developed organsims
either, so they really don't register much that happens, like for instance I watched a film
on different animals reactions to a bomb being dropped where they were and the snail
was the one that didn't even know it happened. So don't beat yourself up over that, it
happens. Either it does or they end up as food for something anyways, which is part of their
position in the order. Like i said i feel bad to, even when i step on a worm, but it happens,
your not bad.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MKF30

The squirrels usually move fast enough to dodge getting run over, can't say the same about snails though lol

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark Walker
@CATMANEXE:   I hit a raccoon once, dang thing cracked my fog light and moisture kept getting in and blowing out the bulb.  I felt bad at first, the thing was sitting in the middle of the lane with my headlights gleaming in its eyes petrified, I tried to miss it but still clipped him.  Cost me 70 bucks to replace the light so after I didn't feel so bad.  Thankfully I have yet to run into a deer, they've been thinned out too much, hunters were only allowed one buck last season.  

@Emperor Gonzo Noir:   I'm sorry, if it will make you feel any better he did serve the circle of life though, a Seagull ate him. 

@MKF30:  Not the squirrels around here (SQUIRREL!).  They are pretty stupid, lots of squirrel pancakes on the road.  There was one who couldn't make up his mind whether to run the rest of the way across the road or go back, it decided to go back then tired to cross again, another car so it ran back, then tried again, ran back, then tried again, ran back, then finally made it across the road after I went by.  I was pretty funny to watch.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dark Walker said:
" @King Saturn:   Really?  There's a ton around here, they even crawl up the building, up the roll up doors, windows, one even got inside and climbed up the 20 ft wall to rest near the ceiling like a spider.  Creepy.  I think it was trying to commit suicide because a drop like that if it fell would definitely turn it into snail splatter.  

@CATMANEXE:  I'm so sorry, if you'd like I could scoop up the squished ones to send to you, and you can see if you can put them back together and bring them back to life.  

@Darkseid Elite:  I try not to step on them, but this one I just didn't notice when I went out to check the mileage on a UHaul truck.  I felt bad after I stepped on it, if just for the crunching sound alone and knowing what is under your foot, it's gross.  The only thing I kill are spiders,  because I hate spiders they creep me out.  I have arachnophobia.  :-D  I did spare a few snails that were out by the main doors, I picked them up and put them out of danger from being stepped on.   That reminds me I need to go check for more before someone comes in and steps on one dragging snail slime all over my floor.  "
havent seen a snail in ages
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

@dark walker lol, must be the air or something haha. The only thing they do dumb here or that I've seen at times is when they chew the power lines and get fried...I guess they're teething and don't know til they get zapped lol...there's actually a few youtube vids of that showing what I speak of. But their balance and reflexes are ridiculous. At least around here. You never see them pancaked here, racoons and pigeous, yes....never squirrels though. lol