• 141 results
#101 Posted by BR_Havoc (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: You do know no one in Canada calls it Canadian bacon its called Peameal Bacon here.

#102 Edited by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: Not to forget, Canada has some of the best Metalcore in the world. No, scratch that...It has THE BEST Metalcore in the damn world.

True, true.

This is softer, but it's a local metal band.

#103 Posted by KingOfAsh (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to Vancour 10 years ago (when I was 10). I liked it.

#104 Posted by SC (13352 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Edited by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Oh.My.God.

YES!

Bienvenue Bonhomme!!

Vive le Bonhomme Carnaval!!

#106 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

Russia, Canada and Québec(Best ones,Just look,Canada might have Crosby and Wayne Gretzky but Québec have Patrick Roy,Martin Brodeur....Jacques plante invented the goalie mask/helmet and he's QC,Maurice Richard was epic in era he broke score,50goals in 50matches back in the days,Habs have 24cups,Lemieux was pretty good too and i'm skipping a lot of persons) are beasts at Hockey.

@mitran said:

I guess. I've never been. But maple syrup.

Usa maple syrup compared to Canada one =****

Canada Maple Syrup compared to Québec one=****

Québec wants his independance so your comment is invalid :D?

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Canada is cool no matter how many cartoons sh*t all over it.

Cartoons(''American'' Dad,Simpsons,Familly Guy,Cleveland show...)=**** and this is why they ****(Its elemantary) on every country heads.

@johnnygat said:

Isn't Ryan Reynolds Canadian?

Justin Bieber is Canadian too(Drake commes from Toronto i think).Oh Crosby&Wayne Gretzky are canadians.Shatner is Canadian,Chris Benoit was Canadian(His surname was The Wolverine i think).Celine Dion is Canadian

AmazonieSPL

dont forget Fairly Oddparents

#107 Posted by HumanRocket (9347 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents said it was the greatest country on earth so it must be true! Plus they gave us hockey!

#108 Edited by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn said:

@squares said:

@raiiyn: Yeah, Montreal is great...if you speak French. Because god knows the locals don't want much to do with you if you don't.

No, but seriously, it's a beautiful city, and it has amazing bagels.

loool

That's not 100% true. In Quebec city, it may be. Montreal's pretty much fully bilingual and I start with English all the time. I've never had a problem with it out here and everyone is really friendly. Way more than places like Toronto. In Toronto, people will push little old ladies out of the way to make it on the TTC but here, people have conversations with bus drivers and know them by name, smile in the streets and are just generally super nice and welcoming.

Plus the Quebecois kinda like "English" accents. Mind you that might just be a guy/girl thing ;P

Wasn't there a bill that passed/is being passed in Quebec about no english in the workplace? Or is that just a government jobs thing?

Speaking of friendly cities, Calgary. My god, people are nice there.

#109 Edited by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@raiiyn said:

@squares said:

@raiiyn: Yeah, Montreal is great...if you speak French. Because god knows the locals don't want much to do with you if you don't.

No, but seriously, it's a beautiful city, and it has amazing bagels.

loool

That's not 100% true. In Quebec city, it may be. Montreal's pretty much fully bilingual and I start with English all the time. I've never had a problem with it out here and everyone is really friendly. Way more than places like Toronto. In Toronto, people will push little old ladies out of the way to make it on the TTC but here, people have conversations with bus drivers and know them by name, smile in the streets and are just generally super nice and welcoming.

Plus the Quebecois kinda like "English" accents. Mind you that might just be a guy/girl thing ;P

Wasn't there a bill that passed/is being passed in Quebec about no english in the workplace? Or is that just a government jobs thing?

Speaking of friendly cities, Calgary. My god, people are nice there.

Nah, that would never fly. There are laws about having a certain percent of french speakers and such though so like you can't have only english speakers anywhere.

The east coast, like Nova Scotia is pretty damn full of nice people too.

#110 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents said it was the greatest country on earth so it must be true! Plus they gave us hockey!

Yes, hockey! I have Toronto Maple Leafs underwear and I wear them proudly.

#111 Edited by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

no. blame canada for characters like wolverine. the guy hogs every damn x-men movie.

#112 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: Wow, that's actually pretty re-assuring. I live in Ontario, our view on goings-on in Quebec can be kind of...skewed.

And I'm told all Canadians are suckers for English accents.

#113 Posted by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@raiiyn: Wow, that's actually pretty re-assuring. I live in Ontario, our view on goings-on in Quebec can be kind of...skewed.

And I'm told all Canadians are suckers for English accents.

Oh, I'm sure. I was born and raised in Toronto. Ontario especially tends to think badly about us out here. But really, it's not as bad as everyone thinks. I mean don't get me wrong, our premier stinks but she's gone soon enough.

I don't know how anyone can NOT be a sucker for an English accent... I mean, mind you it's not my favourite... but its still awesome.

#114 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: actually I'm pretty sure our civil rights is ranked second or first in the world.

#115 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: Good point, on both counts.

#116 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: haha ya, our Premier is bad too, even the new one. Guess that's universal :p

#117 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: what do you mean?

I was trying to think back to a global international rating that I say in last years law course and Canada's human rights ranked 2nd or 1st in the world thanks the the charter (if second I think we where behind Norway)

#119 Edited by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: haha ya, our Premier is bad too, even the new one. Guess that's universal :p

well, I mean just look at who we all chose to lead us as Prime Minister O_O

#120 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, its not as rosy as things like to be painted, we are having budget problems between the various levels of government. The recent Harper governments budget is estimated to leave the provinces and territories picking up some 36 billion in healthcare and old age security costs (source: Reuters). Beyond that we have lots of party friction on practically every issue and our economy is not fairing nearly as well as could be hoped, with the bank of Canada downgrading its view for future growth recently (Yahoo News). Our pipeline projects are still up in the air as well. But hey, at the least we don`t have as many problems as our southern neighbor.

#121 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: hahaha, hey I didn't vote him in. Still it could be worse

#122 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance: I think it's our political climate that could use the adjustment. We for the most part are fine on social reform. Except how we are going to pay for our own health system -.-

#123 Posted by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: hahaha, hey I didn't vote him in. Still it could be worse

me either though Im not sure by how much :?

#124 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much politics. Needs more syrup and Carly Rae Jepsen.

#125 Edited by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: if I remember he has a minority. I think something like 38 percent? Cause ofc the other 62 percent ether voted for the left (liberals and NPC) or did not vote at all

Believe me it could be worse.

#126 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch_chronicle: Things like the right to bear arms. I consider those fundamental rights, which are denied in Canada. That's not to say its a bad place to live, it seems fairly alright.

#127 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: Ohhh u meant constitutional rights. Ya sorry we don't have the right to bear arms or the right to pursue happiness :/

We just have civil and human rights and freedoms (and responsibilities)

#128 Edited by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: if I remember he has a minority. I think something like 38 percent? Cause ofc the other 62 percent ether voted for the left (liberals and NPC) or did not vote at all

Believe me it could be worse.

That's true but he's still been able to get away with way more than he should have :/

#129 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance: I think it's our political climate that could use the adjustment. We for the most part are fine on social reform. Except how we are going to pay for our own health system -.-

Yeah, the big issue no one really wants to talk about is how expensive healthcare is going to become with an aging boomer population, we are either going to need some substantial economic growth, higher taxes, or spending cuts in other areas to keep our healthcare system properly financed.

#130 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance: ya, better hope the world still loves maple syrup 30 years from now -.-

#131 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget lives in Canada so that doubles its awesomeness on a bad day.......

#132 Edited by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: scandal after scandal. Then blatant political shinanaigans. At least Atwood will have another best seller :)

Maybe that's how we will pay for our health care system hahahaah

#133 Posted by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiiyn: scandal after scandal. Then blatant political shinanaigans. At least Atwood will have another best seller :)

Maybe that's how we will pay for our health care system hahahaah

lmaooo

Hey, it's a pretty good idea ;P

#134 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

#135 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this because im drunk and Canada is still freaking amazing.

#137 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23814 posts) - - Show Bio

\o

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooh CANADA!

#138 Posted by consolemaster001 (6086 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: I thought you were in Sweden ?

#139 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

EH?

#140 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio
#141 Edited by SC (13352 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@bruxae: I thought you were in Sweden ?

Thats what makes Bruxae and Canada so awesome. Bruxae can recognize and identify the awesomeness of another country in an objective sense rather than admiring it because she was born or lives there.

Incidentally I am not Canadian or Swedish but I really like Canada and Sweden too heh heh. ^_^.

#142 Posted by Rouflex (20057 posts) - - Show Bio

I never step a foot in Canada so i cant say.

#143 Posted by consolemaster001 (6086 posts) - - Show Bio
#144 Posted by _Gaff_ (3754 posts) - - Show Bio

#145 Edited by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

It's better than a bunch of other countries *cough* Wales *cough*