#151 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio
#152 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that Jaden was the best duelist I mean the dude could win without even using attack cards

Didn't Yami-Yugi flat out beat Jaden when they dueled though? Or at least have him on the ropes with Slifer on the field.

#153 Posted by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio
#154 Posted by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Jaden was the best duelist I mean the dude could win without even using attack cards

Didn't Yami-Yugi flat out beat Jaden when they dueled though? Or at least have him on the ropes with Slifer on the field.

correct me if I'm wrong but if a monster that has higher attack points than the other monster attacking it doesn't the person life points. anyway it's been implied that Yugi had won the duel.

#155 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

@the_stegman said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

correct me if I'm wrong but if a monster that has higher attack points than the other monster attacking it doesn't the person life points. anyway it's been implied that Yugi had won the duel.

You worded that kinda weird, are you saying that if a monster attacks another monster with higher attack points, that the owner of the weaker monster loses life points? The answer is yes, and the weaker monster would be destroyed. I think Jaden had "Elemental Hero Neo" on the field which was at 2500 Atk, and Slifer was at 5000 Atk.

And I think Jaden did lose cause he made a vow afterwards to become stronger.

#156 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMMIT I'm so old-school it's not even funny, that I still have no idea what a "synchro" is. Can someone please fill me in? What's a Synchro???

#157 Edited by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: my bad I forgot to put lose between person and life. Jaden attacked Slifer(attack 5000) with Neos(attack 2500) Jaden had a total of 1600 life points so yeah Yugi won the duel.

#158 Edited by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: Yeah, I had no idea why Jaden attacked a much stronger monster unless he was planning something, but with no other cards in play, I think he just wanted to go out with a bang.

#159 Edited by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

DAMMIT I'm so old-school it's not even funny, that I still have no idea what a "synchro" is. Can someone please fill me in? What's a Synchro???

A Synchro is a type of monster, it's sorta like a Fusion monster..only more complex.

Okay, in order to Synchro summon a monsters you need:

1 Tuner monster and

1 non Tuner monster ( Tuner is also a type of monster, it says "tuner" in it's description.

Both monsters' levels have to EQUAL the Synchro monster you want to summon.

Send both the Tuner and non tuner to the graveyard and you can do a synchro summon.

Ex.

One Tuner monster, level 4

Plus one non tuner monster, level 4

Equals a Synchro monster, level 8

#160 Edited by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio
#161 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Judai sort of "blew" the duel vs Yugi to be honest, when you look at the context of the duel and the way Judai's character was in season 4 it is a very possible hypothosis

#162 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Thank you so much. I've always wondered why I've been seeing new whitish cards that I've never heard of before ^_^ I'm gonna go watch Yu-Gi-Oh GX now! (yes I'm THAT far behind)

#163 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

@the_stegman:

probably.

who won the rap battle?

Sorry Yugi...but Jadan killed the rap battle.

#164 Edited by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: I'm planning on watching 5Ds myself, I've never seen the series and that's where Synchros are introduced, I personally don't like them, I think some are OP'd. I mean just READ Stardust Dragon's ability!!

#166 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#167 Posted by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: he got him with about Yugi not being the king of games verse.

#168 Posted by The Stegman (26561 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: Jaden's entire flow was smoother, both Yami and Yugi's verses were kinda wack.

#169 Posted by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Never liked the Xyz or Synchros. They became some the most overpowered cards in the series with tons of support.

Personally I always preferred the themed decks like in the shows i.e. E-Heroes, D-Heroes, Harpies.

But my personal deck: Gem-Knights!!!

#171 Edited by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

the main catchphrases

Yugi "It's time to duel"

Jaden "Get your game on"

Yusei "Let's rev it up"

Yuma "I'm felling the flow"

#172 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I do like the shows and I played for aw while but that is the extent of my yugioh knowledge although I do like GX and Zexal the most.

You know I would have probably had a heart attack if someone had said that during season one of Zexal....But now I can totally see it, in fact I think I agree with it.

#173 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (17045 posts) - - Show Bio
#174 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

lol my sentence structure may have made it sound confusing but what I was trying to say was I agree Zexal and GX are now probably my favorites as well.

#175 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (17045 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio
#177 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched Zexal, not impressed.

@xlab3000 said:

@jnr6lil: where's Paradox from BBT

He's a one-timer.

#178 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Just watched Zexal, not impressed.

Yeah the first 25 episodes of Zexal are average to sub-par it, gets real good when the Tron family starts to appear and the WDC starts. Oh and the dub for Zexal is by far the worst of any Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs.

#179 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I do miss the days when me and my Blue Eyes Shinning Dragon used to tear my friend's decks apart, God I did love that card. Always had a knack for changing decks and making new ones, but my best deck by far, was my dragon deck, although I did throw in the three Sphinx's from Yu-Gi-Oh Pyramid of Light for good measure. I followed Yu-Gi-Oh until GX ended. I tried the whole Synchro monster deal but I highly disliked it, it was going away from what the original series was all about. The first, and original, series will always be my favourite. Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh for about 6 years when all the "kids in the yard" used to have a deck, ready to receive some ass-whoopin'.

#180 Edited by War Killer (20342 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh, I loved this game and the anime back in the day. Seto Kaiba was always my favorite character, I remember buying my first starter deck because it had the Blue-Eyes White Dragon card in it. xD

I guess I count as an old school duelist nowadays, lol, as I feel comfortable using cards used mainly in the original series and GX series of the TCG. I prefer using Warrior and Dragon type monsters (with a few exceptions :P).

My favorite card is:

#181 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Just watched Zexal, not impressed.

Yeah the first 25 episodes of Zexal are average to sub-par it, gets real good when the Tron family starts to appear and the WDC starts. Oh and the dub for Zexal is by far the worst of any Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs.

No I didn't start from the beginning.

Just watched the episode that came on this Saturday, don't like it.

#182 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Ah I see,what episode was it? I'm just asking because I don't watch the dub (it sucks really really bad) =/ Besides your not going to understand the plot or feel the characters if you did not watch it from the beginning on up.

#183 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I doubt I would still like it, and it's the episode where Yuma is in space.

#184 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I doubt I would still like it, and it's the episode where Yuma is in space.

#185 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

how about this: have you ever wanted a fusion monster of two monsters no matter how mismatched they are? me, a fusion monster made by fusing buster blader and summoned skull. it would be sickest looking monster.

#186 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

Just pulled a Dracossack from a pack of Tachyon Galaxy lol XD :D

#187 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

Strongly want 5Ds to return though.

#188 Posted by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

why do people always say sub>dub

@jnr6lil: true.

#189 Edited by HumanRocket (9871 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: becuz the story telling and the music is way better. I've seen both the sub and the dub versions of the orginal yugioh series and the sub version is by far better. Just the conversations between the characters is better than the dub versions. Sub versions voices are better i always found it annoying some voices they used in the dub versions like jack attlas having a british voice.The dub versions music is outclassed by the music in sub versions. Just my thoughts.

#190 Edited by MrDirector786 (43698 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

why do people always say sub>dub

@jnr6lil: true.

Mostly because the dub massively edits things unnecessarily.

#191 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I hope the series ends with Zexal, the series is becoming too repetitive, hence why they have to keep coming up with abnormal concepts. Characterization is still the same though:

Atem-Yusei

Kaiba-Jack

Joey-Crow

Akiza-Mai

Kalin-Bakura

Greiger-Raphael

Roman-Marik

Rex-Pegasus

Mokuba-Carly

Bolt Tanner-Duke Devlin

Yanagi-Grandpa

Z-One/Aporia & The Three Emperors-Leviathan/Dartz & The Musketeers

Hunter Pace-Bandit Keith

Devack-Odion

Misty-Ishizu

Sayer-Zorc

#192 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the new series are "abnormal" when you think about the whole concept of trading cards saving the world is "abnormal" within itself.....lol.

#193 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the new series are "abnormal" when you think about the whole concept of trading cards saving the world is "abnormal" within itself.....lol.

Well obviously because trading cards DON'T! It's all about the power of friendship ; 3;

#194 Edited by xlab3000 (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdirector786: @humanrocket: I see your point about the edits, story telling, and the music. the dub voices don't sound bad in my opinion.

#195 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Well obviously because trading cards DON'T! It's all about the power of friendship ; 3;

lol

#196 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

#197 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7970 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything about Yu-Gi-Oh is abnormal. You really wonder why Marik waits until the finals to get his hands on the God Card, when he could've brainwashed Kaiba with the Millennium Rod to take it.

#198 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

Everything about Yu-Gi-Oh is abnormal. You really wonder why Marik waits until the finals to get his hands on the God Card, when he could've brainwashed Kaiba with the Millennium Rod to take it.

lol true, But then again do you think the Rod would have worked on Kaiba? =O Kaiba did have ties to it in his past life.

#199 Posted by War Killer (20342 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (27587 posts) - - Show Bio