#51 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

Galaxy -Eye Photon Dragon or Blue Eyes White Dragon?

or

Being the big Kaito fan I am,Galaxy Eyes for me.

#52 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was younger I just loved Yu-Gi-Oh! and had a Dragon deck.But the first anime was the last I watched.I tried GX but it just wasn't my thing.

#53 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@jnr6lil: It's not necessarily screen time. It's the fact Jaden was the only character who actually had importance.At least in the original, Tea, Duke, Tristna, & Serenity were still tied into the plot.

Tell me how the other characters did not have importance? When Judai turned into the Supreme King his freinds were the one who snapped him out of it and beat him. When Judai basically gave up vs Cobra his friends talking him back into it. Yubel's master plan worked in season 3 because of Johan aka Judai's friend. I'm sorry but I fail to see how they are "unimportant" as you say, I could go on and on about there importance to the plot.

And no, I don't watch Zexal. After 5Ds ended, I was done.

Okay then.

Maybe about 2 of them did. Still no individual development. Outside of the people you named (arguably), there was hardly any memorable characters in GX as time went on.

#55 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: More then two were important come on now but I'm not going to go over that again,and in season 4 Jun,Sho and Asuka each got 2 episodes for development and Judai had liitle to do with either episdoe. As I said before since when was a sleuth of characters from other Yu-Gi-Oh! series get a bunch of character development? Besides the Big 3 in the original everyone else did nothing but cheer lead.

#56 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Developing characters in the last few episodes isn't the way to go. That isn't development, that's fan-service.

And that's not true.

Yugi, Joey, Bakura, Duke, Serenity, Kaiba, Tea, Mai,

#57 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Developing characters in the last few episodes isn't the way to go.

They had devopment before those episodes I was only naming those because Judai was barely shown in them.

That isn't development, that's fan-service.

Uh-Uh

And that's not true.

Yes,it is.

Yugi, Joey,

I'm not disagreeing with those.

Bakura,

He was a villain most of the time the good Bakura hardly did anything but be a puppet most of the time so no.

Duke,

What kind of development did he get?

Serenity,

lol for realz? She,once again is no different from characters from GX.

Kaiba,

Agreed.

Tea,

Now come on,what is the difference between her and Asuka? How was she more developed?

Mai,

lol,all Mai did was fail every time she dueled on screen. Then after failing she decides to Doma and take people soul and in the end she still failed to win anything on screen. How is she more developted then Asuka?

Honestly I'm really done with this debate you have your opinion I have mine,I do not see how that cast is that much different then Judai,Jun,Asuka,Sho,Johan etc etc.

#58 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Developing characters in the last few episodes isn't the way to go.

They had devopment before those episodes I was only naming those because Judai was barely shown in them.

That isn't development, that's fan-service.

Uh-Uh

And that's not true.

Yes,it is.

Yugi, Joey,

I'm not disagreeing with those.

Bakura,

He was a villain most of the time the good Bakura hardly did anything but be a puppet most of the time so no.

Duke,

What kind of development did he get?

Serenity,

lol for realz? She,once again is no different from characters from GX.

Kaiba,

Agreed.

Tea,

Now come on,what is the difference between her and Asuka? How was she more developed?

Mai,

lol,all Mai did was fail every time she dueled on screen. Then after failing she decides to Doma and take people soul and in the end she still failed to win anything on screen. How is she more developted then Asuka?

Honestly I'm really done with this debate you have your opinion I have mine,I do not see how that cast is that much different then Judai,Jun,Asuka,Sho,Johan etc etc.

All those characters had importance. Not just a background character.

Bakura was still developed. He always was able to remain in the spotlight despite not being the main-villain until the final season.

Serenity had to deal with her surgery and was the motivation for Joey.

Tea dueled for Yugi in Duelist Kingdom, is constantly there to support him, was brainwashed by Marik, & had her own ambitions.

Mai was again another motivation for Joey, and was in a constant climb to become a true duelist.

#60 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil And so was the GX cast, you acts as if the GX cast did nothing to help Judai and you are very very far from the truth. I could name why they are important but really why should I? I already gave a few instances and I could name many more but really what we are arguing right now is an subjective opinion (lol who am I kidding the real reason why I won't name more is because I'm on my Android and I can't post a monster reply like I want) so lets just agree to disagree for now.

#63 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid Comicvine,it made me post 3 times in a row....

#66 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

Galaxy -Eye Photon Dragon or Blue Eyes White Dragon?

or

Being the big Kaito fan I am,Galaxy Eyes for me.

Photon Dragon, it's far more useful than Blue-Eyes atm. Maybe when a better deck is formed with the newer structure deck coming out Blue-Eye's will be a beast.

#67 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I know lol that is why I was asking which one does everyone like better (I.E. coolness) BTW do you watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal? =O

#68 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Favourite characters- Yu-Gi-Oh, His best friend, Kaiba (i think)
  • Decks you've used/want to use- I used I think Yu-Gi-Oh's and Kaiba's. I'm sure about Kaiba but not so sure about Yu-Gi-Oh's.
    I wanted to used Pegasuses, those cartoon versions XD
  • Favourite cards: I don't remember, I have to find them. I can say the Wizard guy but he wasn't my favorite. I did really like this RED instead of Purple Wizard that I liked for some reason.
  • General strategy talk, etc...

My strategy, the best Defense is a GREAT Offense. I liked having monsters with high attack points, and liked using traps. I would hide magic cards too but rarely just to try and throw them off.

I only watched the first series, when Yu-Gi is on an Island I think and he fights Maximilian Pegasuses. I didn't even finish to see who won or should I say how it ended. I kind of watched I think the second one but I missed a lot of episodes... at any rate There You GO.

( + )

#69 Edited by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

The original, GX and 5ds were cool. Is Zexal really a good series to watch?

#70 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: not really. it is a huge rip-off of the first series, down to the invisible man in my mystical object only i can see. and the main character is the worst duelist i ever saw.

#71 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9423 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: It's great imo, the first 25 episodes are sub-par to garbage but it gets much better with the appearance of the Tron family and when the WDC starts. What I like about Zexal the most is we see Yuma's progression as a duelist. When he first started of he was down right garbage,but as each episode went, by he got better and better. As of right now Yuma is a fine duelist and would give any of the main heroes of the other series problems in a duel. I also love Kaito as well he is a well exacuted rival to the main and is a favorite of mine. Overall Zexal is a fine series imo.

#73 Edited by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently just sold all my 2000 cards for 50 bucks. At first I was a little un happy with that but I found out the people I sold them to are working on some project with the cards for some sick kid. So i'm happy.

#74 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Yuma isn't beating Yami in a duel. Yami's HOTC will always win.

#75 Edited by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: cool. I'll check it out. which one is better the anime or the manga?

@thetimestreamer: based on the episodes I seen(about 3) he is a terrible duelist.

#76 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than his rule breaking, Yugi/Atem was a great duelist.

#77 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: The anime imo,although I have only read 2 volumes of the manga (I just picked up volume 3 today)

#78 Posted by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23115 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: I agree Atem would take the majority over Yuma,but the former has a shot. When you consider the fact that only Numbers can beat Numbers and Yuma can use the power of Zexal is some situation (which is bascily a power that allows Yuma to make up his own cards that are super hax) imo Atem takes the majority but Yuma would get soome wins. Atem 8 times out of 10.

#80 Posted by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I like how they're trying to bring harpies back

#82 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to kick my friends' ass at the card game. I think my deck revolved around increasing my life points to the point of dickery.

#84 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to kick my friends' ass at the card game. I think my deck revolved around increasing my life points to the point of dickery.

My gimmick deck was full of boost cards. I never had to sacrifice summon monsters because I'd just boost weak ones to absurd levels.

#85 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yugi > Yusei > Atem > Judai > Yuma (in terms of ability)

#86 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite: The best part of my story is that they were the ones who taught me how to play. :P

How is Yusei better than Atem? I haven't seen anything past the first two seasons of GX (and an episode or two of Zexal on TV.)

#87 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@decoy_elite: The best part of my story is that they were the ones who taught me how to play. :P

@fadetoblackbolt said:

How is Yusei better than Atem? I haven't seen anything past the first two seasons of GX (and an episode or two of Zexal on TV.)

1. No HotC/Millennium Puzzle to help him pull the right card

2. Best win/loss record of any protagonist

3. Played with a much harder metagame.

#88 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexis !

#89 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, is anybody else pissed at how duels went in yugioh season 1? they were pulling rules left and right out of their a**es. as a kid, i liked them, but after kaiba's rules...... nothing will ever be the same. example: yugi vs kaiba before entering pegasus' castle with the blue-eyes white dragon heads.

#90 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: It's more hilarious than rage-inducing, at least for me.

Duel against Mako is just funny as Hell.

#91 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to have a deck of cards as a kid, but no other kids at my school wanted to play...Duel Masters and Pokemon were all the rage back then...

#93 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it when Yugi destroyed his own moon card and the Harpies could beat pretty much any earth monster, regardless of points :D

#94 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

Back when people in the show didn't even care about the rules lol.

#95 Posted by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by SheenLantern (6190 posts) - - Show Bio

NO SYNCHROS! I refuse to use them.

Oh god, you probably don't know this since you're not in the community, but 'No Synchros No XYZ' people are like the Genwunners of Yu-Gi-Oh, and are universally hated.

#97 Posted by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by SheenLantern (6190 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Edited by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: I've used them before, but I dunno, whether I'm the one using them, or going against someone else using them they just make the duel boring.

#100 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: Screw the rules, Kaiba had money.

That's like the best thing in every kind of fiction.If you have money you are a bad @$$ !