• 153 results
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I haven't seen one of these but I feel like there should be one, I don't think here are many fans of the Image Comic series on here so I'll do this as a thread devoted solely to the show.

No Caption Provided

What did y'all think of Season 4 episode 8, 'Too Far Gone'?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never noticed that on Rick's pistol lol. I love his revolver more though...dat Colt Python!

Anyway....as for the latest episode....it was intense! I don't wanna wait till Feburary to find out what happens to everyone. XD

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

@wolfrazer: He's only missed twice with the Colt that I can remember, in Too far Gone & Clear. I was surprised Rick lost to the Governor, but then he had been shot in the thigh.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

@wolfrazer: Yeah he isn't as tough as he used to be, he's become more placid, plus he was reeling from Hershel's death. But he did get really badly hammered... like, really badly, probably the worst beating in TWD history, aside from Thomas.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bump

Poor Shiva, I was hoping she´d scare the hell out of Negan again, sad to see her die.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vertigo-

@rogueshadow: Have you read the comic series? If so, how do they compare to the show? I personally dropped the show at season 5 since more people weren't being nomed by zombies. I've heard the comics are decent and I liked Kirkmans writing on Invincible, been tossing around the idea of getting into them

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalJimmor

Bump

Poor Shiva, I was hoping she´d scare the hell out of Negan again, sad to see her die.

I am actually pretty salty about that. There's no way that small a group of zombies were able to pin down a full grown, healthy tiger. Much less muster up the bite force to penetrate her thick fur and hide.

But then this show always did vastly underestimate the strength of animals.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Have you read the comic series? If so, how do they compare to the show? I personally dropped the show at season 5 since more people weren't being nomed by zombies. I've heard the comics are decent and I liked Kirkmans writing on Invincible, been tossing around the idea of getting into them

I'd highly recommend it. It's more consistent than the show but peaks out at around the same levels. The best TWD related media is the first season of the TT game in my opinion.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39421825b35
deactivated-5a39421825b35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gruhh. I hate it! There are over 9,000 nuclear warheads in The US & countless other fun goodies. Why is everyonr in TWD so ill-equipped?

Get the nukes you freaking morons or strap a bomb to a drone or something, the options are vast but yet they run around like idiots just shooting at each other.

As long as they've been in the zombie apocalypse I'd already be stealing cargo ships from China & hacking satellites & shit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Bump

I am actually pretty salty about that. There's no way that small a group of zombies were able to pin down a full grown, healthy tiger. Much less muster up the bite force to penetrate her thick fur and hide.

But then this show always did vastly underestimate the strength of animals.

Yeah, it was pretty dumb tbh.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did everyone thought about the mid-season finale ??

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn´t expect for Carl to bite the dust, I thought he was one of the few characters who wouldn´t die, just damn, very powerful scene, but if I´m perfectly honest, Rick´s reaction wasn´t what I expected, he should have gone nuts or something else, he was way more shooked when he was about to chop off Carl´s hand than now that he knows Carl is as good as dead.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I didn´t expect for Carl to bite the dust, I thought he was one of the few characters who wouldn´t die, just damn, very powerful scene, but if I´m perfectly honest, Rick´s reaction wasn´t what I expected, he should have gone nuts or something else, he was way more shooked when he was about to chop off Carl´s hand than now that he knows Carl is as good as dead.

Rick's reaction was pretty weak tbh. It's not like Andrew Lincoln couldn't deliver, that was a choice and a dumb one.

This was a very unnatural turn for the story, and they injected Carl as suddenly being supremely invested in human life, it seems like a way to follow the comics and have Rick not want to kill Negan because he's trying to stick to Carl's ideals. Which frankly is bullshit. It didn't work in the comics and it will work even less in the show. I think TWD just jumped the shark. I don't think I buy Rick trucking on after this, and it axes a bunch of stories, Carl's character becomes hugely more important after this. I guess they're gonna do a huge time-skip and have Judith as a pre-teen. Just won't be the same. Carl was the John Connor, they've been saying that for years. I think they've botched it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Rick's reaction was pretty weak tbh. It's not like Andrew Lincoln couldn't deliver, that was a choice and a dumb one.

This was a very unnatural turn for the story, and they injected Carl as suddenly being supremely invested in human life, it seems like a way to follow the comics and have Rick not want to kill Negan because he's trying to stick to Carl's ideals. Which frankly is bullshit. It didn't work in the comics and it will work even less in the show. I think TWD just jumped the shark. I don't think I buy Rick trucking on after this, and it axes a bunch of stories, Carl's character becomes hugely more important after this. I guess they're gonna do a huge time-skip and have Judith as a pre-teen. Just won't be the same. Carl was the John Connor, they've been saying that for years. I think they've botched it.

Andrew Lincoln can deliver extremely good, if they have someone who can pull it off, it´s him, they should have gave him material, his reaction wasn´t that of a father who knows his son is as good as dead, Michonne looked more worried.

I don´t read the comics but I always wondered why Negan is still alive there, so I guess it´s because Carl convinced Rick not to do it ?? Anyway, my first thought after seeing Carl as good as dead was the opposite, I thought "Man, Rick will be pissed af, he´ll torture Negan into oblivion". It just seems weird that after it cost him his son, he is suddenly compelled to forgive Negan when it should be the total opposite, I guess it makes sense in the comic books since Carl is still alive (I think) and Rick wants to set a good example, but with Carl dead, Rick should go berserk on the Saviors and Negan, there is no other acceptable reaction.

Anyway, I never got the impression that Carl was too important in the show, he´s more of a link to Rick´s character and his reason to still fight, he´s there to add to Rick´s character if you know what I mean, at least that´s how I see him. In the beginning of the season when Michonne told him "this is your show" I think that was aimed at the viewers, but I was like "wtf, most of his contribution to this show has been holding Judith in his arms, this ain´t his show". I assumed he would be crucial to the plot this season, since that didn´t seem like a throwaway line, but I didn´t expect him to get bit.

I saw some comments on Youtube saying Carl won´t die, I mean, how the hell is he not going to die, he got bit in the stomach, you can´t cut off that part of the body smh.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Andrew Lincoln can deliver extremely good, if they have someone who can pull it off, it´s him, they should have gave him material, his reaction wasn´t that of a father who knows his son is as good as dead, Michonne looked more worried.

I don´t read the comics but I always wondered why Negan is still alive there, so I guess it´s because Carl convinced Rick not to do it ?? Anyway, my first thought after seeing Carl as good as dead was the opposite, I thought "Man, Rick will be pissed af, he´ll torture Negan into oblivion". It just seems weird that after it cost him his son, he is suddenly compelled to forgive Negan when it should be the total opposite, I guess it makes sense in the comic books since Carl is still alive (I think) and Rick wants to set a good example, but with Carl dead, Rick should go berserk on the Saviors and Negan, there is no other acceptable reaction.

Anyway, I never got the impression that Carl was too important in the show, he´s more of a link to Rick´s character and his reason to still fight, he´s there to add to Rick´s character if you know what I mean, at least that´s how I see him. In the beginning of the season when Michonne told him "this is your show" I think that was aimed at the viewers, but I was like "wtf, most of his contribution to this show has been holding Judith in his arms, this ain´t his show". I assumed he would be crucial to the plot this season, since that didn´t seem like a throwaway line, but I didn´t expect him to get bit.

I saw some comments on Youtube saying Carl won´t die, I mean, how the hell is he not going to die, he got bit in the stomach, you can´t cut off that part of the body smh.

This should make Rick go out of his mind. Remember when Lori died? Carl's been Rick's drive since episode 1, this would send Rick on a practically suicidal warpath where he joins team Daryl/Tara and just wants to kill them all. I agree with you, I just can't buy anything else from Rick, that's his character. It's all nice and sentimental that he would be all pacifistic to hold up to his dead son's ideology, it's very "writery", but it's not true to the character, it's forced. I already didn't buy that Rick would do anything but mash Negan's head in with Lucille after what he did to Glenn/Abraham/Sasha, this makes it even worse. Poor choice. Very poor choice.

Opposite, lol, Carl wanted to fricking murder the shit out of Negan, lol. Carl's story only becomes more important from here on out in the comics.

I guess people think he'll be immune or something but this isn't that type of story.

And I can already see that they are gonna try and force a redemption arc on Eugene; sorry but NO. Eugene deserves to die and is irredeemable in my eyes at this point. Negan murdered Abraham, the guy who was his best friend and protector, any one of Rick's crew would've taken a bullet for him, he's a self-serving coward, he's had a hundred opportunities to change, he hasn't, you get a second chance, not 400 chances.

They're screwing up, I think it's time for Gimple to gtfo.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thor-Parker

@rogueshadow:

Exactly, mostly due to what Negan did to Glenn alone, that was enough for Rick to murder the shit out of him, Glenn was arguably his closest friend (or Daryl) and Negan killed him in cold blood.

Then why didn´t Rick kill Negan in the comics ?? If it´s a huge spoiler don´t tell me, but if it´s meh then I want to know.

Yeah, the redemption arc for Eugene can be seen from the other side of the globe, from the very first episode of this season, and all of his scenes point to a redemption arc, I don´t give af about him, I want him to die, hell, you´ll laugh, but I want him to die so much that last night I dreamed that I ran into Eugene and told him that he was a f*cking pussy and punched him in the face lol.

I also dreamed I rescued Daisy from the Kree, don´t judge me, I watched both episodes yesterday one after the other lol.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82:

Lmao.

Reasoning is weak, it's basically just that they don't want to kill and want to put him in prison. Negan is basically a dictatorial war-criminal of the zombie apocalypse, he deserves to be executed and his crimes can be proven well, well, well beyond reasonable doubt.

And I agree, Glenn's death alone was it. Done and dusted. No way Rick does anything but kill Negan, Glenn always supported Rick, Rick would have died in the tank if not for him, he's been there every step of the way since the start. I just don't buy it. Now his son has died in the crossfire and he's gonna let it slide? That's not how people work and it's not how Rick works. I can't buy that Rick does anything but go on a warpath and bashes Negan half to death with Lucille before feeding his balls to walkers. That's before we even get on to Maggie and Rosita. Negan surviving this is dumb, it's only gonna happen because the writers want it to, just like in the books, it's not the natural progression of the story.

Just done with Eugene.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Negan surviving this is dumb, it's only gonna happen because the writers want it to, just like in the books, it's not the natural progression of the story.

It all comes down to this, Negan can´t stay alive in the show, I love JDM´s acting and I like Negan as a villain, but the story progression wouldn´t be right if Negan does not die after all he did to the group.

KSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this show actually that good? I had trouble getting through the first season.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a mediocre show.

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blacksmith_99

What did everyone think about the mid-season finale ??

I frankly don't know what to expect from this show anymore.

I'm really torn on their decision to cut Carl off the series. I know it wasn't exactly their decision as the actor wanted to drop out, but I still think that is a good and a bad decision at the same time. My sense of "good" is completely relative, since I like when they deviate from the comics, some of these decisions were completely awesome such as: keeping Shane alive (for longer), keeping Carol alive, killing Sophia off, killing Andrea and adding the entirety of Terminus. It adds something fresh to the show and that feeling of not really being able to know what happens next, differently from when you see a scene like the infamous bat scene and already knows what's going to happen.

However, the real problem with this is that the character they're killing off now is a key character to future plotlines. They can replace Carl's actions with someone else, but it just won't be the same thing. I really am afraid that they're gonna make a huge timeskip and try to replace it with Judith, or even worse, make a small timeskip and replace it with Enid. They'll probably end up making something really different or just changing The Whisperers Arc as a whole, even though some of its events have already been foreshadowed in the show (to be more specific, at the episode where Shiva dies).

Truly though, I believe that the showrunners need to figure out what the hell they're doing. Season 8 has been disappointing, at least IMO, from what they promised. I finished reading the latest issue from the TWD comic before watching the mid-season finale, and the quality gap is huge. I'm really excited to see The New Order arc in the comics, whereas I don't feel as excited to see the mid-season premiere. It's a shame though, since they have a really good source to work with, but for some reason just can't figure out the right path to follow.

Maahes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksmith_99: Chandler Riggs actually wanted to stay, Gimple had promised at least three more years according to Rigg's Dad, so Riggs both enrolled in college in Georgia, and bought a house where they filmed the show to be closer. It wasn't his decision to leave.

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maahes: Oh well, I read it differently somewhere. If that's the case though, I believe they'll be using Carl's death to justify Negan surviving on the show, which IMO, will be pointless since he'll no longer have his interactions with Carl.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol so glad I dropped this show like bad habit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

What did everyone think about the mid-season finale ??

I frankly don't know what to expect from this show anymore.

I'm really torn on their decision to cut Carl off the series. I know it wasn't exactly their decision as the actor wanted to drop out, but I still think that is a good and a bad decision at the same time. My sense of "good" is completely relative, since I like when they deviate from the comics, some of these decisions were completely awesome such as: keeping Shane alive (for longer), keeping Carol alive, killing Sophia off, killing Andrea and adding the entirety of Terminus. It adds something fresh to the show and that feeling of not really being able to know what happens next, differently from when you see a scene like the infamous bat scene and already knows what's going to happen.

However, the real problem with this is that the character they're killing off now is a key character to future plotlines. They can replace Carl's actions with someone else, but it just won't be the same thing. I really am afraid that they're gonna make a huge timeskip and try to replace it with Judith, or even worse, make a small timeskip and replace it with Enid. They'll probably end up making something really different or just changing The Whisperers Arc as a whole, even though some of its events have already been foreshadowed in the show (to be more specific, at the episode where Shiva dies).

Truly though, I believe that the showrunners need to figure out what the hell they're doing. Season 8 has been disappointing, at least IMO, from what they promised. I finished reading the latest issue from the TWD comic before watching the mid-season finale, and the quality gap is huge. I'm really excited to see The New Order arc in the comics, whereas I don't feel as excited to see the mid-season premiere. It's a shame though, since they have a really good source to work with, but for some reason just can't figure out the right path to follow.

I am actually liking this season a lot, especially Ezekiel´s arc "and yet, I smile", Season 7 was the disappointing one, with all of the episodes feeling like bad filler without any payoff, S8 has been the contrary, they haven´t pulled the breaks on any episode and there is always something happening.

Please, do not replace Carl with Enid, she is annoying af, I can´t stand that girl, one of the most annoying characters on the show, along with Sasha.

I wonder when we´ll finally get to the point from the first episode where Rick looks tired, beat up and just about defeated, you remember ?? When they were doing all these weird time-skips in the premiere episode. Damn, now as I am typing this I just remembered................"wasn´t Carl shown in the timeskip ?? I think we saw him talking, Michonne asked him something IIRC, but for some reason they never actually showed him/his body.

==========================================================

Also, people saying this show "sucks" just want to complain, the show has actually been pretty solid for the most part, not for anything it´s been the most watched show the past 8 years (along with GOT).

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Ezekiel has quickly replaced Morgan as my favorite character. Really hope he survives this season.

I also honestly like Eugene still. His side arc this season goes well with the overall theme of Rick and his group being the villains from the perspective of the people under the Saviors.

The character that bugs me this season is actually Daryl.

His actions freed the Saviors and turned Eugene fully into a Negan supporter. All because he was getting impatient and didn't want to follow Rick's strategy.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: His actions didn´t free the saviors though, with or without Daryl´s intervention, Eugene would have drove the zombies away with his plans, Daryl even asked if what he did was the reason the Saviors escaped and they told him it was Eugene´s fault.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Eugene was on the fence about whether or not to keep serving Negan until Daryl unleashed a swarm of zombies into the facility that started eating people, proving Eugene correct that morality is relative and that the right thing to do for one group was terror to another.

Maybe Eugene would have still sided with Negan, but he was very much on the fence. Daryl's antics shoved him firmly into Negan's arms.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Eugene was on the fence about whether or not to keep serving Negan until Daryl unleashed a swarm of zombies into the facility that started eating people, proving Eugene correct that morality is relative and that the right thing to do for one group was terror to another.

Maybe Eugene would have still sided with Negan, but he was very much on the fence. Daryl's antics shoved him firmly into Negan's arms.

Eugene already tried to scare away the walker before Daryl´s plan, and it was Dwight who stopped him, that mofo would have sided with Negan either way, he´s a freaking coward.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

He tried and failed. It was very clear that seeing the walkers in the compound by something Rick's group did forced Eugene over the edge based on his consideration of Gabriel's offer and then complete refusal of it right after.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

He tried and failed. It was very clear that seeing the walkers in the compound by something Rick's group did forced Eugene over the edge based on his consideration of Gabriel's offer and then complete refusal of it right after.

Well, maybe.

Either way, f*ck Eugene lol.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

They better give Lauren Cohan her paycheck. Damn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did she confirm she plans on leaving for good?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

She's signed on for a lead role in a pilot on ABC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsislipped said:
@rogueshadow said:

Hopefully she'll just not appear on screen for a while or just very minimally. I'm gonna be pissed if they kill off the last of the Greene family.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
@oopsislipped said:
@rogueshadow said:

Hopefully she'll just not appear on screen for a while or just very minimally. I'm gonna be pissed if they kill off the last of the Greene family.

There's been dispute about her wages. Unfortunately, I think Maggie's a goner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsislipped said:
@rogueshadow said:
@oopsislipped said:
@rogueshadow said:

There's been dispute about her wages. Unfortunately, I think Maggie's a goner.well

Well if she does decide to leave the show hopefully Maggie will just decide to leave like Carol tried to do.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rogueshadow  Moderator

@oopsislipped: I don't see how that would work for Maggie, she has a baby and such a massive storyline in the comics, I think they'll just kill her off and give her storyline to somebody else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsislipped: I don't see how that would work for Maggie, she has a baby and such a massive storyline in the comics, I think they'll just kill her off and give her storyline to somebody else.

Hopefully they'll kill her baby instead & that will be her incentive for leaving.

I'm still salty about the stupid manner in which they killed Beth.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator
ColossalSam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there a theory that Breaking Bad is a prequel to The Walking Dead?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never heard that but it would be awesome if Jesse Pinkman popped up in TWD.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rogueshadow  Moderator

@colossalsam22 said:

I've never heard that but it would be awesome if Jesse Pinkman popped up in TWD.

There's blue meth in Merle's drug bag in S2, and Negro y Azul is playing in a scene in FTWD. People also theorise that Merle's dealer, the "janky little white guy" was Jesse, he even quotes him as saying, "I'm gonna kill you, bitch!" Also Breaking Bad ends in September 2010, the apocalypse starts in October 2010.

There might be some other stuff I'm forgetting.

It's just fun little nods I think, and they're probably aware of the theories so drop a few Easter-eggs now and again.

I wouldn't want to see an actual crossover, but a "What If" comic where Walter wakes up from a coma in the apocalypse would be really fun tbh.

Also if people aren't, I recommend watching FTWD, I gave it another try just a few days ago and binged the whole thing; it really, really picks up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

Also if people aren't, I recommend watching FTWD, I gave it another try just a few days ago and binged the whole thing; it really, really picks up.

I like FTWD but with Nick almost certainly dead IDK how season 4 is gonna be without him & what's this talk about a TWD crossover?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@oopsislipped said:
@rogueshadow said:

I like FTWD but with Nick almost certainly dead IDK how season 4 is gonna be without him & what's this talk about a TWD crossover?

I really don't think Nick and Daniel are dead. I'll be super annoyed if Daniel is, he's my favourite character. And I actually really like Madison as a character, I think she's basically a horrible person and I love it.

Morgan's crossing over into FTWD next season.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers