TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

finally some official news

We kind of figured this out already -- actually, some of us are old enough to have been waiting for this announcement for the past three decades -- but Lucasfilm has confirmed today that Star Wars: Episode VII will be set about 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Additionally, StarWars.com has the reveal that the film will star “a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces.” Again, we basically knew that more or less, but there is such a scarcity of solid, confirmed news on the Episode VII front that we’ll take any tidbit we can get.

And by the way, that’s getting weird, that lack of news, considering another confirmation from the studio today -- the film will start principal photography this May at London’s Pinewood Studios. So in like two months, and we still don’t even know who’s going to be in the movie. Hmmm… what up, J.J. Abrams?!

You can also head over to StarWars.com for a rundown of all the first days of shooting in Star Wars live-action movie history. Here’s a sample:

March 22, 1976 -- The first day of principal photography in Tozeur, Tunisia, for Star Wars. A crew of 130 ventures into the desert in 42 trucks and cars, including eight army trucks full of equipment. The first shot was completed at 9:35 a.m.

Star Wars: Episode VII will hit on December 18, 2015… with a cast or not.

source

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/star-wars-episode-vii-will-be-set-30-years-after-return-of-the-jedi

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

I've being meaning to say this for a long time, but you really need to punctuate your posts.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inverno said:

I've being meaning to say this for a long time, but you really need to punctuate your posts.

its called copy and post. i didnt type so take it up with ign if you dont like it

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Inverno

@inverno said:

its called copy and post. i didnt type so take it up with ign if you dont like it

So why don't you use commas in general?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So would that put Luke Skywalker around the age of Obi Wan Kenobi during Episode 4 based on these details ?

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By swordmasterD

@inverno: Really...

Anyone I think they know a lot more information then they act like they do just for the sake of keeping us in the dark

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So would that put Luke Skywalker around the age of Obi Wan Kenobi during Episode 4 based on these details ?

would be cool to see if that happened. i have a feeling they already have there cast since they shoot in may and expecially if they have a 2015 date already announced.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inverno said:

@tazzmission said:

@inverno said:

because i didnt write the f*cking article. now either contribute to the subject on star wars or piss off. your derailing my thread

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

I don't think this is really "news." Since they're going to bring back Mark Hamill and the like... yeah... they're forced to make it 30+ years.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TazzMission

@jedixman said:

I don't think this is really "news." Since they're going to bring back Mark Hamill and the like... yeah... they're forced to make it 30+ years.

star wars.com reported it so at least its official instead of fan speculation. ive learned over the years to only believe official statements by the actual people on the project

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Inverno

@inverno said:

@tazzmission said:

@inverno said:

because i didnt write the f*cking article. now either contribute to the subject on star wars or piss off. your derailing my thread

-______________________________________________-

I was trying to be helpful, but you had to be hostile.

I didn't meant this thread in particular, but all your posts are rather unreadable because you don't put commas between them. If one was to say out loud what you write, then one would have to speak without having a pause to breath. I was giving an advice, I didn't meant to derail your precious little thread, but I suppose it fell on deaf ears...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

star wars.com reported it so at least its official instead of fan speculation. ive learned over the years to only believe official statements by the actual people on the project

It's not so much speculation as it is common sense. It would be ridiculous to set Episode VII as a year after Jedi considering how old the actors are now.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jedixman said:

TIME TRAVEL!

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I bet there will be a Twist and Luke has to go back in time and train young Luke, but because Young Luke wouldn't believe that it was an older version of himself he just called himself Obi Wan after the Jedi Master :D

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope jedi's have new powers and a new jedi council

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman said:

which is bullcrap.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

...okay.

Though as stated before, it was common sense it was going to be 30 years after ROTJ - in-fact, I've already discussed that with another user on this site.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Also, as it stands, it seems like the Legacy era will be retconned - which, isn't too much of a bad thing.