Official Recipe Thread

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By biggkeem89

So, I'm a bit of a cooking fanatic and I'm constantly searching for new recipes to try out. I know there's some others out there who share my passion, so this thread is to share any recipes that anyone may have. Prepare for some culinary delights! 
Here's one I did last year for Christmas: 
Bumbleberry Pie: 
Ingredients: 

• 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
  • 1 1/3 cups white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups thinly sliced apples(I used granny smith)
  • 1 cup raspberries
  • 1 cup fresh blackberries
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries  
  • Preparation:
    1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Stir sugar and flour together in large bowl. Add apples, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Toss together, and turn into pie shell. Cover with pastry top. Trim and seal edges. Cut vents in top.
    3. Bake at 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for approximately 45 minutes, until crust is brown and apple is cooked.
    Be very careful. The pie will be very juicy and may spill out the pie crust. I found that this pie is very good warm with Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!

Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baron_Emo

That sounds delicious and fairly simple too.

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Darkseid Elite

The only things I know how to cook are hotdogs, oatmeal, and microwaved food. I really need to get my chef skills up.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rogue_mar1e
@biggkeem89: that sounds soooo yummy .. hahah now i'm hungryyy ! 
btw i'm not very good at cooking so .. yeah lol
fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By biggkeem89
@fbdarkangel said:

" recommended: 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/mac-and-cheddar-cheese-with-chicken-and-broccoli-recipe/index.html    "

That looked delicious. I'm definetely gonna try that. 
My sister and I are trying to add some "flavor" to this year's Thanksgiving dinner. We're experiment with "Beer Can Chicken" I found this recipe online: 
Beer Can Chicken 
 1 whole frying chicken 
1 can (12 ounces)beer

Marinade:
1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice 
1/2 cup fresh orange juice 
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 
1/2 - 1 minced, seeded jalapeño pepper (this will probably be cut. My mama doesn't like spicy things)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper 

Instruction:  
 Mix all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in a large plastic zipper bag and pour in the marinade, squeeze excess air from the bag and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Preheat grill to medium-hot temperature and position the coal for the indirect cooking method.  You can either place your bird and beer can directly on the grill or on a pan set on the grill.  If you choose to put the bird and beer directly on the grill,  it can sometimes get over browned, so lower your fire's intensity to medium and increase cooking time.  

Alternatively, place a roasting pan on the grill, open a can of beer and carefully sit the chicken on top of the open can and set both the can and the chicken in the roasting pan on the grill (make sure you have previously removed the chicken's gizzards). The beer will bubble and boil during cooking, basting the bird from the inside.  Bird should be cooked in about an hour, or however long it takes the breast meat to register 180° F on a thermometer 

I hope this turns out well. I need to figure out a good beer to use, since I don't drink beer myself
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like cooking too, If you want a very good recipe I'll try to translate some local recipes I know(Italian recipes)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veitha said:

I like cooking too, If you want a very good recipe I'll try to translate some local recipes I know(Italian recipes)

Ooh you should, Italian cooking is the bomb.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Peanutbutter jelly sandwich:

Ingredients:

Bread

Peanutbutter

Jelly

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I always improvise so I can't really share my recipe since they are never really set in stone. I'd like to try out some other peoples though.

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Whenever I bake, I measure the ingredients by eye so I never have amounts to give. People think its odd, but its the way I've cooked since I was 15.