#201 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: It was a pretty fun fight to watch, I enjoyed that almost as much as the Thompson vs Melendez fight.
#202 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg: It was a pretty fun fight to watch, I enjoyed that almost as much as the Thompson vs Melendez fight. "
It was fun to watch. It would have been more fun to see Diaz/Le or Manhoef/Le though (this matchup could actually have happened, Cung dodged a bullet there).
#203 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg: It was a pretty fun fight to watch, I enjoyed that almost as much as the Thompson vs Melendez fight. "
It was fun to watch. It would have been more fun to see Diaz/Le or Manhoef/Le though (this matchup could actually have happened, Cung dodged a bullet there). "
Manhoef is doing strikeforce?
#204 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: Should be fun to watch.
#206 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg: Should be fun to watch. "
Yes. I want to see Manhoef/Henderson, but that seems unlikely at this point.
#207 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg: Should be fun to watch. "
Yes. I want to see Manhoef/Henderson, but that seems unlikely at this point. "
it seems like it could happen further down the road, but obviously they're gonna be fed cans early into their strikeforce debute.
#208 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhoef would straight up murder Cung Le. Manhoef Henderson would with the quickness in favor of Hendo.

#209 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:

" it seems like it could happen further down the road, but obviously they're gonna be fed cans early into their strikeforce debute. "

Strikeforce is not going to feed cans to someone with Henderson's combination of skills and price tag. He is probably fighting Shields for the MW title right off the bat. Hell, Henderson signed with Strikeforce because he wanted nothing less than a MW title shot in the UFC and he didn't get it. He doesn't want to fight cans. I believe he wants to fight Shields, then take a shot at Mousasi.
#210 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

We could see a Manhoef/Santos rematch
#211 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: If he could fight Mousasi I'd be really happy.
#212 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
" We could see a Manhoef/Santos rematch "
This seems pretty likely now that you mention it. 

@geraldthesloth said:
" @Korg: If he could fight Mousasi I'd be really happy. "
Same here.
#213 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else  notice that Cung le lacks punching power?"
#214 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
" Anybody else  notice that Cung le lacks punching power?" "
I've noticed he sort of lacks punches, generally speaking. I swear, his game is just based off of kicks. He really was a perfect fit for the Tekken movie.
#215 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: But even those seem to lack KO power. 
#216 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
" @Korg: But even those seem to lack KO power.  "
They have the ability to break Frank Shamrock's arm, at least. I wouldn't take one to the head, given the option. He half-landed one of those spin kicks on Smith's face and it looked pretty painful.
#217 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: True but he had to land a lot of them to do that, also in that same fight he did kick frank in headand it didn't KO him. He also hit Tony Fryklund with a couple of good spinning heel hooks but still couldn't KO him until the 3rd round.
#218 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I pictured something totally different when I first read "spinning heel hooks". It was way more awesome than a kick.

#219 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
"Anybody else  notice that Cung le lacks punching power?" "

i noticed a that also, i don't know tho if he uses the punch to set up his kicks or if he really just lacks power in his hands 

@Korg:
i thought cung le would have beanten scott smith but i guess it didn't happened so what's next for scott smith now, is he entitled to a title shot now that he's beaten the former champ?
#220 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
"@Korg: so what's next for scott smith now, is he entitled to a title shot now that he's beaten the former champ? "
I would think not, considering the rumors about Hendo getting a MW title shot. Maybe he will fight Jason Miller for the winner of that bout. The Strikeforce MW division isn't exactly stacked.
#221 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

how do you guys think jake shields would be in the ufc under his weight class? would he be a force to be reckoned with or would he be just another victim in the mw division?

#222 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall: Jake Shields wouldn't be a force to be reckoned with at WW in the UFC. He'd be fodder at MW. 

@Cung Le: Damn, look at your face. 

Noses shouldn't look like that. 
#223 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall:  He'd get murderd with the quickness. UFC MW division has nate marquardt, Demain Maia,Wanderlei Silva, Patrick Cote, possibly Vitor Belfort and lets not forget the champ Anderson Silva.
#224 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: Is he crying?
#225 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
" possibly Vitor Belfort"
Possibly? He is supposed to be fighting Silva for the title in April.

@killermike said:
" @Korg: Is he crying? "
Hard to tell. Looking at the video, I don't see it. He was sweating/had water poured on him, and his eyes were probably watering from what looks to be a badly broken nose.
#226 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @killermike said:
" possibly Vitor Belfort"
Possibly? He is supposed to be fighting Silva for the title in April.

I thought the fight wasn't finilized yet.
#227 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:

"I thought the fight wasn't finilized yet. "

It got pushed from 108, to 109, then to 112, due to Silva's elbow surgery. It has been confirmed as being in the works for some time (obviously, since it was supposed to happen at 108 originally), but it is now "tentatively scheduled" since they don't want to officially reschedule again if Silva's elbow isn't ready. It's one of the main reasons Hendo left the UFC. Belfort got the title shot over him.
#228 Posted by King Saturn (222815 posts) - - Show Bio
looks like Cung Le took a pretty good beating there...
#229 Edited by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

To cung le's credit he was giving Smith the business 2 rounds before that, guy just has a glass chin, need to work is head movement more.
#230 Posted by King Saturn (222815 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
" To cung le credit he was giving Smith the business for 2 round before that guy just has a glass chin, need to work is head movement more. "
oh yeah... I havent seen the battle yet... 
#231 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike said:
"@capall:  He'd get murderd with the quickness. UFC MW division has nate marquardt, Demain Maia,Wanderlei Silva, Patrick Cote, possibly Vitor Belfort and lets not forget the champ Anderson Silva. "

i think shields can give a run to maia, the rest of them tho should beat him
#232 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

#233 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha. thats hilarious. "His Precision is so Precise." ha. 
Goldberg = Fail.

#234 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal favorite -  
Goldberg: "Michael Jordan-esque in his grappling skills, is Travis Lutter." 
Rogan: "No. No, he's not." 
Goldberg: "He's not that good?" 
Rogan: "No, he's not." 
Goldberg: "Kobe Bryant maybe?"
Rogan: "Uh, no, no, he's not that good."

#235 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

haha. the whole thing had me laughing.
but alas, of to the comic store I go.
I shall return!

#236 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing they have Joe Rogan.
#237 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminder: If you missed WEC 45, it is on again tonight at 8 p.m. EST on VERSUS. It's  a good card, and it's free. Watch it if you haven't already. Hell, watch it if you already did anyway.

#238 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch out 205 lbers.
I wish he got a chance to fight Anderson Silva before Silva retires, but I doubt it.
#239 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
#240 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this, I think it's going to end much like Hughes vs Royce.

#241 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Don Frye is retiring - says promoters are making a mockery of the sport.

It's a sad day for MMA. Don Frye is hanging up the gloves. Can't say as I disagree with his reasons for doing so.

Don Frye said: 

“I’m pretty much quitting MMA. I’ve had enough of the (expletive). I’m done with it,” announced Frye. “The competitive urges still flow through me, but I’m tired of the (expletive) of the promoters.

“I’m tired of the (expletive) treatment, being lied to and tired of getting bounced checks from people. They can go pound sand as far as I’m concerned.”

“The fight game isn’t a respectful profession any more,” he stated. “They’ve made a mockery out of it by letting Jose Canseco fight, and now Hershel Walker, and all these other jackasses in their 40’s who have never fought.

“They’re getting paid more than the guys who have been putting years into it. It’s an embarrassment and a shame.”    

#242 Posted by billyfoo1 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

BJ Penn came to my gym 2 days before the his fight in Memphis TN. (My home town). It was amazing.

#243 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"

Don Frye is retiring - says promoters are making a mockery of the sport.

It's a sad day for MMA. Don Frye is hanging up the gloves. Can't say as I disagree with his reasons for doing so.

Don Frye said: 

“I’m pretty much quitting MMA. I’ve had enough of the (expletive). I’m done with it,” announced Frye. “The competitive urges still flow through me, but I’m tired of the (expletive) of the promoters.

“I’m tired of the (expletive) treatment, being lied to and tired of getting bounced checks from people. They can go pound sand as far as I’m concerned.”

“The fight game isn’t a respectful profession any more,” he stated. “They’ve made a mockery out of it by letting Jose Canseco fight, and now Hershel Walker, and all these other jackasses in their 40’s who have never fought.

“They’re getting paid more than the guys who have been putting years into it. It’s an embarrassment and a shame.”    

"
Wow man. He speaks the truth. That's sucks big time.
#244 Posted by killermike (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Aoki broke that ni**as arm.
#245 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@killermike:  Then he flipped him off. Classy guy, Aoki. What did you think of the whole event? I was disappointed with the ending (not the outcome) of Mousasi/Goodridge, but most of the fights were pretty good.
#246 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Posted by King Saturn (222815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"

Diego Sanchez drunk at the World MMA Awards. 

I wish CV would let me embed the video. It's towards the end, but his acceptance speech is hilarious.     "
wait a minute ? Diego Sanchez won an award at a MMA show... even after his rather lackluster performance against BJ Penn ? 
#248 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" wait a minute ? Diego Sanchez won an award at a MMA show... even after his rather lackluster performance against BJ Penn ?  "
He won for his fight against Guida, which was actually a really entertaining fight.
#249 Posted by King Saturn (222815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @King Saturn said:
" wait a minute ? Diego Sanchez won an award at a MMA show... even after his rather lackluster performance against BJ Penn ?  "
He won for his fight against Guida, which was actually a really entertaining fight. "
oh I see... it was a specific fight in general he won for... yeah Sanchez fight with Clay Guida was awesome indeed... I thought for sure Sanchez had Guida down for the count after that Head Kick he layed on him...
#250 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Fedor/Overeem needs to happen.