Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@Jonny_Anonymous: Thanks, I'll have a look

@ReVamp: I don't really know. I have very little experience with anime but its been recommended to me before. Is there anything that really stands out as a good one to watch?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#152  Edited By ReVamp

@guttridgeb: Sure. About 100 different series.

But yes, start with FMA: Brotherhood. The reason is that its a good, if not the, example of what a Standard Shonen Anime/Manga is and should be. Not that its generic in any way. Also, its isn't overly long, so it gives you a taste without having to commit to the 100+ monsters that some series are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: Awesome thank you, I didn't realize just a broad a genre anime is.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#154  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@ReVamp said:

@Project_Worm said:

@ReVamp said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@ReVamp said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@ReVamp: I did watch the first episode of Darker than Black ages ago but didn't think it was that good but Project Worm said to stick with it

Project Worm is wise.

any more words of wisdom @Project_Worm?

Probably. He's on a streak. Two by my count. Now that impressive, but its the effort that counts.

Uhm... I'm having trouble thinking of others. Code Gease is okay. You might like Deadman Wonderland... It was a little to WTF for my taste though.

Code Geass is good if you like Death Note style things, with a bit of Mecha.

Deadman Wonderland truly is WTF.

I want to get in to some good mecha stuff, FadeToBlackBolt keeps recommending Neon Genesis Evangelion the end of Evangelion
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@guttridgeb: Also watch the film Sword of the Stranger 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jonny_Anonymous: Thanks. I shall report back to this thread once I have tried them ;)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Irishlad

@guttridgeb if you're watching anime for the first time FMA might be too much. Death Note would be a good one to start with or Cowboy Bebop is the godfather of anime. As I said before though it depends if you like to think or be amazed by visuals every anime fan is different.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ReVamp

@Jonny_Anonymous:

• Gundam Wing,
  • Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny,
  • RanXephon (similar to Evangelion, but less...whatever, when you watch Evangelion you'll understand)
  • Evangelion, of course. Love it or hate it, really.
  • Macross Frontier. My favorite as of the moment.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@ReVamp said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

• Gundam Wing,
  • RanXephon (similar to Evangelion, but less...whatever, when you watch Evangelion you'll understand)
What would you say is the best out of all of these? Or atleast the one I would like the most
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#160  Edited By Project_Worm

@Irishlad: Personally I think Death Note might be to much for a Comic dude to start out on. FMA has all the classic heroic stuff.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Irishlad: Deadman Wonderland, Kekkashi, and Durarara were all cut to short and should all be continued

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ReVamp

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@ReVamp said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

• Gundam Wing,
What would you say is the best out of all of these? Or atleast the one I would like the most

It really is hard to tell:

• Gundam Wing is an oldie. A Classic, so to speak, but it probably won't be your favorite, though you'll appreciate it.
  • I love SEED and all that, but I get mixed feelings. It can be really slow-paced and whatnot.
  • RanXephon isn't anything extremely special, but its definitely a solid. Its the only one of these that I don't have experience with. So I can't tell you much more.
  • Evangelion is love it or hate it, but it definitely did things for Anime. I read the beginning but I haven't gone all the way. Ran out of Volumes at the store, dammit.
  • Macross Frontier is pretty amazing.

If I had to pick at gun-point, I'd say:

1. Macross Frontier, so you're eased into things
  2. Evangelion. I don't think it should be the first experience you have with Mecha.
  3. If you loved Evangelion watch Ran. If you hated it for its eccentricities watch Ran.
  4. SEED would go last, since its the longest by far. Hell, that and the sequel is bigger than all three put together by far.

Regardless of whatever happens, watch Gundam Wing. I'd say to get more Anime experience and watch it later, it'd probably make it more enjoyable. I guess. It doesn't really enter the order.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Project_Worm said:

@Irishlad: Personally I think Death Note might be to much for a Comic dude to start out on. FMA has all the classic heroic stuff.

I think anybody that likes Final Fantasy games will like FMA
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#164  Edited By TDK_1997

@Jonny_Anonymous:I'm getting bad into anime.Hahah.It hasn't been long since I said that I'm not interested.So should I watch only Full Metal Alchemist or should I start some other anime,too?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:I'm getting bad into anime.Hahah.It hasn't been long since I said that I'm not interested.So should I watch only Full Metal Alchemist or should I start some other anime,too?

FMA: Brotherhood and Sword of the Stranger are musts IMO other than that what are you interested in?
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By TDK_1997

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

FMA: Brotherhood and Sword of the Stranger are musts IMO other than that what are you interested in?

Well basically action,something more supernatural like Fairy Tail and Bleach.I like comedies too and maybe drama.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

FMA: Brotherhood and Sword of the Stranger are musts IMO other than that what are you interested in?

Well basically action,something more supernatural like Fairy Tail and Bleach.I like comedies too and maybe drama.

You should try D. Gray-Man or Soul Eater. Have you watched Naruto? what say you?

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#168  Edited By Irishlad

Trigun maybe?

Also I know I've mentioned it but Baccano's great too it has a good mix of comedy and drama

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By TDK_1997

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

You should try D. Gray-Man or Soul Eater. Have you watched Naruto? what say you?

I have watched Naruto and it was good but Shippuuden was more interesting to me.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ReVamp

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

They both fit into Supernatural, definitely. In Fact, both have similar themes to Bleach. (Death Reapers/Exorcists). Get Backers falls into the Category of Action/Supernatural too, but its nothing like the others in terms of tone and themes. Not to mention characters. Its a different side of Manga. Code Breaker is starting soon and I keep hearing good things from the Manga. Not to mention its from the creator of Samurai Deeper Kyo (which does not fit the criteria you're looking for).

It would be helpful to know exactly what you like more specifically, ie Character types, themes and the like considering there are a bunch of things that fall into your Category.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I have watched Naruto and it was good but Shippuuden was more interesting to me.

Oh yea, like

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#172  Edited By Strafe Prower

Buso Renkin

/thread

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By TDK_1997

@ReVamp said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997 said:

They both fit into Supernatural, definitely. In Fact, both have similar themes to Bleach. (Death Reapers/Exorcists). Get Backers falls into the Category of Action/Supernatural too, but its nothing like the others in terms of tone and themes. Not to mention characters. Its a different side of Manga. Code Breaker is starting soon and I keep hearing good things from the Manga. Not to mention its from the creator of Samurai Deeper Kyo (which does not fit the criteria you're looking for).

It would be helpful to know exactly what you like more specifically, ie Character types, themes and the like considering there are a bunch of things that fall into your Category.

The characters I most like are something like Jiraiya,Shikamaru,Gaara,Ichigo,Kenpachi and Natsu.My taste is mixed and I can definitely can love every anime.I like more series animes.All though Fairy Tail and Naruto are really funny at moments.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ReVamp

@Strafe Prower said:

Buso Renkin

/thread

You know something? I tried that and it felt... meh. But since I'm currently reading Rurouni Kenshin in those VizBig editions, I may try that afterwards.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ReVamp: Give it a second try. It's worth it IMO.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ReVamp

@Strafe Prower said:

@ReVamp: Give it a second try. It's worth it IMO.

I definitely will... Hopefully... Maybe...

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ReVamp: haha

TBH, I'm a bit out of date with manga. I've only read 4 of them, but I watched a bit more anime than that. Mostly movies.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ReVamp

@Strafe Prower said:

@ReVamp: haha

TBH, I'm a bit out of date with manga. I've only read 4 of them, but I watched a bit more anime than that. Mostly movies.

Never been much of a Movie guy myself, if I have to be honest.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By danhimself

GUNDAM!!!!!

I recently started watching Gundam...the only anime I've ever watched other than DBZ and Ronin Warriors....it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ReVamp: Really? Howl's Moving Castle made a believer out of me. Princess Mononoke, Akira, Appleseed, and Spirited Away helped as well.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@ReVamp: Manga or comics?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Strafe Prower

@danhimself: I finally found someone else who has watched Ronin Warriors! I used to love that show.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By danhimself

@Strafe Prower: I have the complete dvd set..watched it over just a few weeks ago...still holds up

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Strafe Prower

@danhimself: Nice! I haven't watched it in quite a few years.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By danhimself

@Strafe Prower: it'd be really nice if they would remaster it...I'd love to watch it in HD

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

DBZ!

Whoo whoo!

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Strafe Prower

@danhimself: I agree. I would buy it if they did so.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By danhimself

@Strafe Prower: same here...though the I imagine the price would be ridiculous...I've been looking for some of the Gundam series on blu-ray and they're highly overpriced

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Strafe Prower

@danhimself: Doesn't surprise me. They like to overprice stuff like that.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#190  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Bad thing is, there is a site for this, but there are more fans of animé/manga on this site that even post on AniméVice. :/

I saw someone post Sword Art Online, I'm enjoying that. Got a friend into it before also.

Although I haven't kept up with it, I'd suggest Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Bakemonogatari (In my top 5), Tenchi Muyo: Rho Ohki (top 2). Dragon Ball (I like more than Z, but Z is top on the count it got me into animé), can't go wrong with come Cowboy Bebop and I'm currently started watching Steins; Gate.

Also, Redline was awesome! I love watching anime like that. Been trying to watch Paprika for 6 years. Always forgot. But now I have it ready to watch.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ReVamp

@Strafe Prower said:

@ReVamp: Really? Howl's Moving Castle made a believer out of me. Princess Mononoke, Akira, Appleseed, and Spirited Away helped as well.

Seen Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Supreme Marvel: I'm on Anime Vice

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Howl's is my favorite of the bunch.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@ReVamp said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Howl's Moving Castle > Spirited Away.

Just Saiyan.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Supreme Marvel: I'm on Anime Vice

Same name?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Supreme Marvel said:

Bad thing is, there is a site for this, but there are more fans of animé/manga on this site that even post on AniméVice. :/

I saw someone post Sword Art Online, I'm enjoying that. Got a friend into it before also.

Although I haven't kept up with it, I'd suggest Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Bakemonogatari (In my top 5), Tenchi Muyo: Rho Ohki (top 2). Dragon Ball (I like more than Z, but Z is top on the count it got me into animé), can't go wrong with come Cowboy Bebop and I'm currently started watching Steins; Gate.

Also, Redline was awesome! I love watching anime like that. Been trying to watch Paprika for 6 years. Always forgot. But now I have it ready to watch.

I'm a member, but it seems kind of dead.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ReVamp

@Supreme Marvel said:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that you're posting, or that you have Bakemonogatari in your Top 5 lmao.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ReVamp

@Strafe Prower:@Supreme Marvel: Yeah, I've just never heard of it.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ReVamp: Put it on your to do list. It's seriously worth the time.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@ReVamp said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that you're posting, or that you have Bakemonogatari in your Top 5 lmao.

I'd go for the former. I love the world of Bakemonogatari. I had a gif years ago on ComicLedger of this...