As most of us know, the Off-Topic Forum is suppose to be a place for everybody to chill down, or talk about matters other than comic books. This is a place for almost anything else other than comics, and, as the title suggests, Off-Topic threads. But, what classifies as an appropriate Off-Topic thread, and an inappropriate Off-Topic thread? The answer is tricky and can sometimes even confuse non-newcomers, and this is what this guide is for.
Appropriate Off-Topic threads are usually games, news, or rating systems for other Viners. They usually contain little to no inappropriate information that would offend anyone, or may contain some mature content, but is made clear in the title. However, make sure that the thread is not too obscene, and remember, all general rules still apply to every thread, in any Forum Board. A good reminder, is the Big 6.
- Will this offend anyone of any race or religon?
- Is this too violent, or contain too much sexual content?
- Is there any excessive language in my thread?
- Is this the right forum to post this in?
- Has this thread been made before?
- Will Viners actually take this topic seriously, or will it go out of hand?
What to do to an Inappropriate Off-Topic Thread
- Simply flag it and exit the thread. Do not comment on it or you will technically be bumping it. Avoid any type of needless attention towards the thread.
- If you cannot flag it, then PM a mod about it and give them the link to the thread you tried to flag, or at least give them the name of it.
- If all else fails and the thread is still gaining attention and not being dealt with for a long period of time, keep ignoring it, but whatever you do, do not post in it.
Types of Appropriate Off-Topic Threads
|Derp Face Thread »|
|My Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Review- 360 Edition! (Blog post) »|
Types of Inappropriate Off-Topic Threads
Duplicate/Already Done Threads
If they were made on accident then they are excused.