Off My Mind: Whiskey Media

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Ferro Vida

Hello again everyone. I know I haven't been particularly active for a while, but there is at least one more thing I need to do here.

To begin with, I would like to formally apologize to the staff and moderators of Comic Vine. Earlier this year (January, to be precise), I made a blog expressing frustrations that myself and others have had with the site. It was not intended as a personal attack on anyone. I am very sorry if it came off as one. As I said, I was frustrated and some of the things that I wrote were harsher then they needed to be.

Now, I am not so bold as to think that the blog I wrote all those months ago was truly responsible for any positive change. But in the time since then I have been impressed with some the changes that have been made in the style of management. When all four of the sister sites went down, the administrators put a page explaining the situation and even gave a discount to paying members for the time they were losing.

One of the grievances I listed before, namely the lack of a battle forum mod, has been alleviated. I really haven't spent enough time on the site to see if things everywhere have truly improved, but it is nice to see that kind of effort; little things like that give me hope that we actually can be heard.

I know this might make me into a pariah with some of the more extreme elements, but the fact of the matter is that I think the CV Staff are doing a much better job. So, and I say this with absolutely no sarcasm, please keep up the good work.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'm also well aware that this will probably get MUCH less traffic then my angrier one.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

It's nice seeing a blog giving credit where credit is due. Awesome job Ferro. And the battle forums have been better since Static became a mod.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida

@god_spawn: That much I do know. Static is the kind of Machiavellian mind that we've been missing.

I should clarify something: things are not perfect here, and I'm not going to claim they are. But it looks like the Staff here are making effort to improve things, and listen to users. That's all I ever really wanted.

Now, there were some Staff that always did that. For instance, if I ever message Inferior Ego with a problem he would do what he could to help me solve it. It just seems like users here are getting that treatment more often now.

Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Morgaine_Levesque

I second this post so hard. (DH for those who don't know). As some of you may recall, I had a blog of my own complaining mainly about the lack of communication between WM and it's members. Since then, there have been numerous Twitter updates from multiple sources on what's going on with the bugs, as well as other things. So yeah, it's nice to know that they're listening to some degree.

Ferro, you get enormous points for being enough of a man to admit this <3

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By No_Name_

Thank you for this blog! :)