Off My Mind...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Ferro Vida

Why is so much effort put into these superfluous "news" articles when the majority of the people with any power don't do anything to actually address any of the real problems on this site? A while ago myself and several associates started a peaceful campaign to have a mod instated especially for the battle forums. It sounds like a simple enough request; the artist show-off forum gets its own mod, and hardly anyone even goes there. It shouldn't be a problem to have someone given the task of patrolling the area where ninety percent of the trolling on this site occurs, right? 

Wrong. 

We were either ignored or, in one case, attacked. I can understand the fact that the Staff are busy. I mean, they need to think up such interesting reports as "why doesn't the Hulk have a moustache?" That clearly takes precedence over something as silly as the voice of the users. Maybe if we were all paying members our opinions would be more potent, but in the off chance that isn't true we are then paying people to ignore us, and I feel that there is enough of that going on in real world politics that we don't need it here too. 

You know those friends that I mentioned? They all finally got fed up with the bullsh!t and moved on to their own greener pastures. That's right, they would rather make their own forum than put up with being ignored by the people in power. Actually, it would be kind to say that being ignored was the extent of it. There was an occasion where one of them was told off by a mod for for creating many well thought out battles. I believe the exact words were "let someone else have a chance." You know, because we need more "Bane vs. Juggernaut" and "How can I hook up with this chick" threads. 

This is more than just not getting a mod now. This is the fact that we are never told when an update is on its way, and that we have no say in any new features. Since the last one I haven't been able to access any of my alt accounts, which makes doing anything in the RPG forum that much more difficult. In fact, the only reason I haven't left too is because of one person who is very near and dear to me. It is not because I have any faith left in the people who should, in theory, listen to what we have to say.  

Let me make this clear: I have nothing against someone posting their opinions. It's when the importance of what name a superhero chooses takes precedence over the users on this site that I have a problem.

Below is a list of links to some recent news posts that I find particularly pointless. I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: keep up the swell work. 

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-is-superboys-secret-identity-in-jeopardy/142715/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-chloe-sullivan-in-superman-comics/142712/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-will-spider-man-join-the-fantastic-four/142704/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-their-minds-should-superheroes-change-their-costumes/142701/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/which-superheroes-have-the-best-new-years-eve-party/142698/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/off-my-mind-when-will-wonder-woman-return-to-her-old-costume/142697/     

http://www.comicvine.com/news/whos-been-naughty-or-nice-this-year-in-comics/142690/

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

This probably won't end well.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida
@InnerVenom123: I really stopped caring about that.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Ferro Vida: I gathered. Just sayin'.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida said:
" @InnerVenom123: I really stopped caring about that. "
That's evident. You have most certainly have balls and you do make good points. 
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Precise

What you wrote is kind of subjective. While I agree that the staff should listen more to their community (and i brought up this subject multiple times) you can't say those articles are not 'important'. They might not be for you, but others like the humor and discussion it brings forth. After all, this site is still for fun as well.

Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Anybody

The battle section has several Mods that that is their main priority, unlike the "Artist Show-Off" that apparently nobody visits.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ferro Vida
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @InnerVenom123: I really stopped caring about that. "
That's evident. You most certainly have balls and you have made some good points.  "
Fixed for spelling and grammar. And this is my general opinion as well ^
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Anybody: Only two of whom are regularly on, and neither of you were appointed to that forum in particular. We had a list of people who would volunteer to focus all of their attention on that forum, and we were ignored. And that one time that you and Arrow were away for a few days things got ridiculously bad because there were NO mods in the battle forum for those days. 
Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Anybody
@Ferro Vida:  Let's face it. The Battle Forum is a joke when it comes to any kinda of reason or rational behavior. Even if there was a Moderator present 24/7 only in the battle forums, it would be a disaster. It is rare to find a single thread that doesn't have some flaming in it, and if it doesn't it's probably cause it was ignored by most users because they were C-Listers nobody cared about.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sherlock

Go Ferro stick it to the Man i only hope this ends well

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Anybody:  @Anybody said:
" @Ferro Vida:  Let's face it. The Battle Forum is a joke when it comes to any kinda of reason or rational behavior.
The fact that you are saying this proves my point. We had a list of people who were willing and qualified to patrol the battle forums; none of the current mods want to put that much time into it, and I don't blame them. That's where the majority of the trolls on this site reside. We had what we thought was a reasonable solution and we were ignored.  

ryfgjs Or whatever the f@ck his name was received eight warnings for spamming before he was banned. Formidable was ignored for a month while he insulted users in every thread that he was in. We flagged him and nothing happened. Klandicar was trolling for months, and when the creator finally called him out in a thread, the mod sided with the troll and banned him for it. It's not trash-talking or playful flaming that is the problem, it's the recurring trolls who break the rules without punishment and ruin the fun for everybody.

Was the permaban button not broken at one point?
Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Anybody
@Ferro Vida:  On the topic of articles, as Precise said, just because you don't find those particular type of articles entertaining doesn't mean they don't have importance. They get plenty of views and responses from users who are interested in G-Man or whoever's opinion on certain topics that have been discussed in these very forums. Are they life changing articles? No, but they aren't meant to be. They are for pure entertain and bring flow into the site so it can stick around. Without these news articles and views from users there wouldn't be a site for users to complain about how it is ran. That is just my opinion on that subject matter.

As for you not having access to your alt accounts, I haven't had that issue. I have been able to sign into every one of my alt(I'm in an alt right now as I'm typing). If you are having an issue, I suggest contacting Cap Cascader or Red LAMP.
Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Anybody
@Ferro Vida:  If there was a permaban solution, this entire site would be a happier place. But it is not possible.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Anybody: I reiterate: 

@Ferro Vida said:

Let me make this clear: I have nothing against someone posting their opinions. It's when the importance of what name a superhero chooses takes precedence over the users on this site that I have a problem.

I don't care if the staff make news posts that are completely pointless. I care about the fact that the only way they will ever address the trolling problem is if someone starts trolling on one of those articles.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Anybody: Aren't spite threads supposed to be locked? This one has been flagged at least once and nothing has been done.
Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Anybody
@Ferro Vida:  Staff doesn't have time to go through threads to find Trolling. Which is why they have us. Articles stand out to them because that is where their focus is at. Anyways, I have stated my opinion on the subject and you are entitled to your own also I need to go to bed. I have an early start. I hope whatever issues you are having with the site, you are able to find a reasonable solution for yourself.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mikethekiller

Damn

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Anybody: If you can honestly tell me that the efforts and the number of moderators is proportionate to the number of trolls on this site than I will retract my rant.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By PirateKing69

Good points Ferro

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Precise

Just a question for my own curiousity (in no means meant to flame or be a jerk, if it comes across as that i already apologize :p). But why do you care so much about the current state of the battles forums when you yourself said you only come here for that one special person and that most of the debaters have moved on to greener pastures and set up (what sounds to be) a great place for debating?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_
@Precise: It's the whole principal of the thing, I think. They shouldn't have had to go to greener pastures. 
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Precise
@The Dark Huntress: I was asking Ferro :p
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Precise: Because the fact that it had to come to that is disgusting. We all tried for months to try and make change here, first by trying to get a mod for the battle forums, and then by patrolling it ourselves. Influence only takes you so far, though.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_
@Precise: I think he gave pretty much the same answer. :P Only with a bit more detail. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Precise said:
" @The Dark Huntress: I was asking Ferro :p "
Sorry if I am coming off as angry. I'm not mad, or at least not at you. 

@The Dark Huntress: You are correct, ma'am xD
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Precise
@Ferro Vida:  I see, I do agree with you on the communication towards the Community though. I have been an (internet) community manager myself (and studied for it) so there are definitely ways to improve.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Precise
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Precise: I think he gave pretty much the same answer. :P Only with a bit more detail.  "
Yes, but i didn't ask you :P
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_
@Precise: You should know now that I don't care if you asked me or not, I'll give my opinion anyways.  

@Ferro Vida: Thought so. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spidey 15

Ferro = WIN

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Fair points .

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Ten bucks says that after all the hard work he put in to this, nothing changes whatsoever.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Ferro Vida:
OUCH.  
and good to see you man.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Awesome post, Ferro.  Unfortunately, it won't change anything.  See ya on the other site :D
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By Magian

It does raise some very good points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@InnerVenom123 said:
"This probably won't end well. "
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Why? Because he brings up valid points? :-O
Anybody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Anybody
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Anybody: If you can honestly tell me that the efforts and the number of moderators is proportionate to the number of trolls on this site than I will retract my rant. "
Honestly, I believe the status quo on this site is just fine. When it comes to "flagged posts" for the entire site, I see a back up on their of maybe five posts at a time. For the entire site. Five posts. This tells me that either every user is following the rules, or other users simply don't mind a rule bend here(and if users in general are happy why force rules down their throat and make their experience less pleasant) or there or it's not worth the hassle of clicking one button. I mean you complain that users are powerless in the forums, yet you all have a one click button to turn in every troll you see. Again, these are my own personal opinion on this topic and I have no ability to effect these changes one way or the other.
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Just came on here to look around, trying not to log in cause I knew I wasn't going to be around very long but... I HAD to comment on this lol

Well... this is mostly a rant too xP If you don't want to read it, then dont xD

I agree with Ferro on most of the points, I think Battle Thread should have its own mod, and if ppl are willing to take up the title as 'Mod' for it, then why not give them a shot? If it doesn't work out, then hey, take the power away and then they can say that what the battle thread members wanted, wouldn't have worked. I think SOMETHING like that should have been done instead of just ignoring the members. Like Ferro stated, members ARE paying for the site now, shouldn't our voices be heard? Or do we ALL have to pay in order for our requests to be taken under concideration? Its messed up that members from this site got so fed up from being ignored that they decided to leave, go somewere else where they would be heard, and opionions at LEAST listened to. Was there even an explination from the Staff to WHY they never recived a mod? If not, I think they deserved at least that :-/

But what I'm wanting ranting about is when the Staff makes 'Super Human Upgrades' and don't say ANYTHING about them, even AFTER they've been made. A fair warning would be nice, especially since people are actually PAYING for this site now. As an rpger (I'm speaking mostly for me as an rpger, unless other rpgers want to agree as well) these upgrades have been a pain at times, first it was the new bio's which makes them look like a joke unless you post them in the 'About me' section taking away from the point of having a 'Super Bio'. Then there was the new log in thing that was suppose to make logging into all the sites more easy, which ended up causing some chaos for the rpgers in the begining. Some of us could'nt log into our alternate accounts because of the syncing of all of the accounts to the other sites and had no idea what was going on! A fair warning from RedLap or CC would have been nice BEFORE this happened, instead of having us freak out trying to figure out what was going on and THEN get an explination from the Staff. Now there's the new post restriction for new accounts, no one was told about this new 'update' and when we rpgers tried to make a new account, we were limited to only five posts per day, but 5 posts we make in like... one minute (maybe less xD)! But anyways, we had no idea what was going on, and it wasn't until someone had to ASK RedLamp, is when we got an answer.  

What I'm upset about is NOT so much the updates, what upsets me is the fact that we dont get TOLD about these updates until we are freaking out trying to figure out whats going on and have to ASK someone about the upgrades. All I'm asking for, is a little like... idk just a thread stating whats going to be done to the site and stuff. And a warning to WHEN these upgrades are going to take place would be nice too. There have been a NUMBER of times when I write out a post for an rpg that takes me HOURS (yes hours, I have no life xP) and when I go to post it I get a 'The Site is reciving a Super Human Upgrade!' leaving me wanting to kill something and swearing at my computer and I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels this way. If I KNEW the site was getting an upgrade, then I obvously wouldn't sit there trying to type up something for an rpg around the same time as the uprade. I'm just asking for a warning and a thread about the new updates, is that really so much to ask for? I mean after all, people ARE paying for the site, they should know what they are paying for, dont you think?

Ok, I'm done ranting xP

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silver2467

Well said, Ferro. Sad that these same points have been made several times before and were entirely ignored. Fingers crossed that this is actually given any attention. :\

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By one_upper
@Ferro Vida: If I could possibly love anything in the world more than myself at the moment this rant is it. If it gets locked it just shows how cowardly and disinterested in the actual community the staff and mods are. I give you mad props Ferro.    
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By sexy_merc

Why doesn't Hulk have a moustache? 

Someone get a staff member quick .

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus

Dude this might be getting locked. 
However i agree with you to some extent.  

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By one_upper
@Anybody said: 

@Ferro Vida:  Let's face it. The Battle Forum is a joke when it comes to any kinda of reason or rational behavior. Even if there was a Moderator present 24/7 only in the battle forums, it would be a disaster. It is rare to find a single thread that doesn't have some flaming in it, and if it doesn't it's probably cause it was ignored by most users because they were C-Listers nobody cared about. "

You actually believe the BS that you write? The reason the Battle Forum is a joke is because of spineless mods and policy. You let people get an inch they will take a mile. Years and years of failed work on the mods part has made the battle forum what it is. I personally am a member of multiple sites where the trolling, socking, and general idiocy is much better patrolled, hell I'm a mod myself at one and we have minimal problems. Your approach is lazy and apathetic.     

@difficlus: If you had balls you'd agree fully. Everyone is just afraid to fully support Ferro because then the staff will know how they truly feel.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45  Edited By Zoom
@difficlus said:
"Dude this might be getting locked. However i agree with you to some extent.   "

Duh.  When you see unhappy people, you lock the thread and they magically become happy. 

That's how moderating works.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By difficlus
@Ferro Vida said:
"  Klandicar was trolling for months, and when the creator finally called him out in a thread, the mod sided with the troll and banned him for it.? "
Wait the creator got banned? When?
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

well someone is pissed

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By one_upper

The fact that G-Man gets paid for the infantile junk he comes up with amazes me. There is so much time he could be putting to good use like many of the ideas already put forth, but instead he's playing dress up, fiddling around in his garage, or coming up with completely pointless ideas. He's not funny, his articles and videos are pointless and childish most of the time, and anyone who got conned into paying for this site must be feeling pretty foolish right now.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By difficlus
@Zoom said:

" @difficlus said:

"Dude this might be getting locked. However i agree with you to some extent.   "

Duh.  When you see unhappy people, you lock the thread and they magically become happy.  That's how moderating works. "
wow, lmao, you have balls dude.  

@one_upper:

It's just that, as Precise said some of those off my minds are really just fun (which is what comicvine is about). Its not about placing importance. After all to some they have th same value as a 3 minute expert. It doesn't mean the staff chose to do a 3 minute expert as opposed listening to us. They could have happily done both if they wanted to. It doesn't mean they are ignoring you, they just don't agree with you which is different.   Also the reason some suggested people don't become mods is because the staff probably don't trust them.   Again it comes back to agreeing or not, it doesn't concern ignoring oneself. 

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By one_upper
@difficlus: You can keep your "fun". If I want mediocre articles about why Hulk doesn't have a mustache and the like I'll go talk to my 8 year old cousin. Comicvine can be plenty of fun without that trash. It used to be fun, before the staff began to think they were too cool to listen to the members. However we all know this site is just G-Man and friends' sandbox so he'll continue ignoring members, even paying ones and putting his degenerate refuse up there in the news section. I understand you like fun, but maybe he and the others should try doing some real reporting some time.

As for the staff. They are far less trustworthy than a number of people suggested. I wouldn't trust 90% of the Mods/Staff on his site for anything.