Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@charlieboy:

Opposite here. Conservatives are seen as hate mongering backwards inbred psycho mob hicks. And not progressive enough (I swear, if I have to hear how great abortion is one more time, my brain'll get aborted.)

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By charlieboy

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I think people need to realize that people have other opinions and it doesn't make them evil. As long as people are being polite I have no problem discussing differences of opinion.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By TheCowman

If only I could get this guy elected as president. *sigh*

No Caption Provided
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#54  Edited By TheCannon

Hopefully he won't be re-elected. Romney doesn't even have to win, just anyone but Obama.

Avatar image for terminator__fan
TERMINATOR__FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TERMINATOR__FAN

I doubt he will

Mitt Romneys made a fool of Obama already time and time again.

GO ROMNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only people who vote for Obama are balding directors with lisps.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and people filled with smug.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ssejllenrad

GO RON PAUL!!!!!

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By buttersdaman000

The resdkins lost!

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#60  Edited By TronHammer

No. obama will lose. His record is terrible and the Benghazi, Libya scandal will keep growing and growing until even the most die-hard liberal can no longer defend him.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlieboy:

That's what the freedom of speech was put in place for. Too bad a lot of people abuse it for their own gain (capitalist or not).

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By charlieboy

@HammerTron: Dude, Election is on Tuesday. I don't see that happening in the next few days.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TronHammer

Dude, obama lied. he's gone one way or another. He'll lose the election or he'll be impeached for being a traitor to the USA and kicked out of office at the very least. Benghazi, Libya is the Democrat's Watergate.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By charlieboy

@HammerTron: I don't really see that happening.

ShadowsofBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShadowsofBirds

I want a president who will promise to end campaign ads, partisan forum threads, and "your stupid! no you're stupid!" debates for at least a few years. Who has that platform? That's who I'll vote for! :D

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TronHammer

That's ok. You don't have to see that as likely to happen. You don't have to agree. However, there are millions upon millions of citizens of the USA who will not tolerate anyone so unworthy to remain in the office. obama will lose the election or will be impeached and kicked out of office very quickly. It's simply a fact.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By charlieboy

@HammerTron: The day after Obama was elected the first time there was groups calling for the impeachment of Obama before he was even inaugurated. Nothing ever came of that. You can have your opinion but in my opinion it is doubtful anything like that is going to happen.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TronHammer

You can have any doubts you like. The difference is this time there is four years of material and experience to choose from. Plus there is a realization that the USA cannot withstand another four years of what obama has been doing. You have your beliefs and I have my beliefs. For us to continue this discussion we will only end up wasting time as we go around in circles. Good day.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By minigunman123

@WillPayton said:

@pooty said:

I like Obama more then Romney but I was not AT ALL impressed by Obama. I don't see that he accomplished anything that will leave a positive mark on society

ObamaCare is pretty notable, although frankly I would have preferred if the Dems had pushed for a single-payer system like what they really wanted. Single-payer is better overall and even much more business-friendly. Our current system that puts the burden of healthcare insurance on businesses is anachronistic and, well... dumb.

Also, I think when history looks back Obama will be recognized for the monumental task of keeping the economy from completely tanking, and avoiding a second Great Depression.

We're already in a depression, people just don't want to call it that, IMO.

How did he help the problem at all? ObamaCare is socialized medicine from what I've heard, that's proved time and time again to be an inefficient form of medicine, over the years. He also spent tons of money on it when we needed to conserve money, and he as well bailed out businesses that should have taken the fall they earned themselves, and try to make it work and resurface without the government being screwed over by their bankruptcy.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By charlieboy

@HammerTron: Good day to you too, sir.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: Doesn't every president "blow" money on the particular program they want to endorse? I agree that our economy is bad but i have not seen either candidate really convince me that they have the fix.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By minigunman123

Did extra reading of ObamaCare just to make sure I wasn't wrong. Yeah, it sounds awful, and the beginnings of Communism (not saying that Obama is communist, or that America is communist, or anything; but ObamaCare sounds very much like the beginnings of it).

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By isaac_clarke

@TERMINATOR__FAN said:

I doubt he will

Mitt Romneys made a fool of Obama already time and time again.

GO ROMNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endorsement from Terminator Fan. Holy smokes.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: Can you send me a link of what you read. I am curious to check it out.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By charlieboy

@isaac_clarke: I figured he would want the Terminator to be Prez.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76  Edited By Swagger462

Necrotic_Lycanthrope: The trickle down theory was shown not to work in the Reagan years dude.

@Living_Monstrosity: Everything you say is pathetic. It's not your different opinions that are the problem. It's the way you voice them. I always try to remind myself that the right wing are people just like me who believe the validity of their side and aren't all hate mongering morons. You make it really hard to keep this frame of mind.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By charlieboy

@Swagger462: You are absolutely correct. Remember not all people are like that.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By isaac_clarke

@charlieboy said:

I figured he would want the Terminator to be Prez.

Skynet doesn't believe in democracy, but it does believe in explosions.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TronHammer

@Terminator_Fan I think Romney only had to be calm and professional. obama did that to himself because of his arrogance and then in the second and third debates his behavior resulted in his realization that he was losing.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By charlieboy

@isaac_clarke: Lol.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By charlieboy

As for the debates I believe Obama won a few of those.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Swagger462:

Oh, so an economic boom under his presidency never happened? The Soviet Union just disappeared for no reason at all? (I will say that I wasn't alive in the 80's, so I don't know how it worked in person.)

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By charlieboy

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: The eighties were all right except for the big hair.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By minigunman123

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: Doesn't every president "blow" money on the particular program they want to endorse? I agree that our economy is bad but i have not seen either candidate really convince me that they have the fix.

That's usually true, but based on what Romney's said about ObamaCare and job creation I think he's a much better bet than Obama, for now.

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: Can you send me a link of what you read. I am curious to check it out.

Yup.

http://obamacarefacts.com/whatis-obamacare.php

The highlights of how bad it is are that it redistributes wealth. Businesses either pay comparable coverage to every employee, or, so long as the business makes more than $250k a year in income (not profit), it pays a tax into the ObamaCare fund that basically gives healthcare to everyone, from healthcare companies, and they don't have a choice. It basically will drain resources from healthcare companies, thus decreasing the effectiveness of everyone's healthcare in the longrun, it will force businesses that are just starting to make an impact in the world to pay through the nose one way or another thus making it harder for small businesses to grow (imagine a small company that makes $1.5mil a year. How are they going to grow when this tax, on top of the taxes they already have and the crappy economy, are piled on top of them?), and it allows people to not even worry about looking for a job or not try hard to find one and they'll still be covered, for free, by people who have earned money but had it redistributed so the lazy people can benefit from it.

People think there's not a large amount of people who simply aren't looking for jobs very hard or working hard to find/maintain one, and they're wrong. To think that the average person in the world will not take advantage of a free handout rather than work, is silly. There are other government programs to still help people who don't have a job, so they have money and foodstamps, as well. This is adding up to the fact that even with jobs, there are plenty of people who will still not work very hard, and prefer to sap the government and the people who did earn their money, because it's easier and relatively free. My Brother is an example, he has no job, he simply buys and resells things online to make a little money, he has no furniture in his tiny apartment, and he lives off government handouts half the time, because it's easier than having a job and the government pays for him to live anyway (his own admissions). He's not the only one.

To fix the economy and get people insured and get companies and technology progressing instead of regressing, we need to create more jobs somehow, and get rid of obamacare and help small businesses flourish.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TronHammer

@Swagger462 The economy during the Reagan years was wonderful. It recovered from the Carter years and laid the foundation for the booming economy of the 1990s.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: thanks for the link. I will definitely read it. I just cannot bring myself to vote for Romney based on his stance on gay marriage and women's issues.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By minigunman123

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: thanks for the link. I will definitely read it. I just cannot bring myself to vote for Romney based on his stance on gay marriage and women's issues.

While I think Romney's stances are good, I do think they are important decisions to vote on someone for, though I would consider what he could do for the entire country as well; his opinions on gay marriage and abortion might change things, but those things can be changed back if they really need to. Short-term though, we need someone who can bring the economy back, and I think that's the most pressing issue for this election. I think that short-term issues might be the most pressing at this point in time. Just my opinion.

I guess I also have it easy, since I don't disagree on those issues with Romney, though.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: By the way there are some people that do take advantage of the programs but there are lots of people that legitimately need help.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: Well, I am a gay man so I take my civil rights very seriously.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By minigunman123

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: Well, I am a gay man so I take my civil rights very seriously.

As you should.

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: By the way there are some people that do take advantage of the programs but there are lots of people that legitimately need help.

Not quite as many as people like to think. There are some, probably lots, but there are just as many people who mooch off the government. I've met dozens personally, but just think on the history of man. When has man ever really been trustworthy, when faced with the option of free living? Look at what happened to Rome for example.

I think if we try and get more jobs and try and help people learn to create their own jobs, and create more buildings for people to start businesses in, then maybe we'll see plenty of growth in jobs, and the people that really do just need help, can get jobs and start moving on, and the people that want to take advantage, will have to learn to function in the world without ObamaCare and maybe some other government programs that are around at the moment. That's what I think the best case scenario is. Probably won't happen so easily though.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By isaac_clarke

Romney has no stances, so how one disagrees or agrees with them eludes me.

@minigunman123 said:

Short-term though, we need someone who can bring the economy back, and I think that's the most pressing issue for this election.

Romney's solution for bringing the economy back is magic. And I'm not exaggerating, it's magic. He's keeping everything we like, cutting taxes by 20%, increasing military spending and suddenly the deficit will disappear by signing an executive order to get rid of the healthcare legislation or get rid of that pesky wall street legislation created in the last four years in the wake of a global economic crisis caused primarily by greed.

Let's not get started on his un-realistic first day promises or self deportation fix.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#92  Edited By Mercy_

@isaac_clarke: I always love reading your politics-themed posts.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlieboy:

I was a Clinton baby; born when he was elected, my sister born when he was re-elected.

Our "best" president is one who womanized more than lead, and still is loved more than a staunch monogamous Republican.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: I do agree that many take advantage and there should be limits. But the spirit or these programs is to help people in need. I like that. I really don't want to see America without social programs that help the poor or help people go to school. I would never have went to college without government grants. When we stop caring about our fellow man that is when society is going to totally deconstruct. When I was a little kid my dad died and we were very poor. My mother need help to take care of us. I would have been homeless if not for these programs as child. That being said, as an adult I am employed and pay my bills and taxes.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By charlieboy

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I don't think that cheating is something to be celebrated. I wouldn't call Clinton our best president. I think someone like Abraham Lincoln that gave people freedom is more deserving of that title.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlieboy:

By "best" I meant one I've been alive under (even though I honestly don't remember him. Just the shows and toys that where going on ( I liked me some Power Rangers and Mr. Rogers neighborhood lol).

Abe Lincoln was one, if not the best. Second only to George Washington. Reagan was the best modern day president.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By minigunman123

@isaac_clarke said:

Romney has no stances, so how one disagrees or agrees with them eludes me.

@minigunman123 said:

Short-term though, we need someone who can bring the economy back, and I think that's the most pressing issue for this election.

Romney's solution for bringing the economy back is magic. And I'm not exaggerating, it's magic. He's keeping everything we like, cutting taxes by 20%, increasing military spending and suddenly the deficit will disappear by signing an executive order to get rid of the healthcare legislation or get rid of that pesky wall street legislation created in the last four years in the wake of a global economic crisis caused primarily by greed.

Let's not get started on his un-realistic first day promises or self deportation fix.

http://2012.republican-candidates.org/Romney/Abortion.php

http://mittromneycentral.com/on-the-issues/same-sex-marriage/

Romney is against most abortion, and against gay marriage. I am in line with these beliefs. Sorry if it angers anyone.

Moving on to the economy, I seem to remember his plan being more specific during the debates, and I can't remember all of it, but he planned on increasing certain taxes on wealthier businesses/citizens while repealing obamacare and trying to decrease taxes on smaller businesses, to encourage growth in those areas; something to those lines.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By charlieboy

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Lol. I liked the original Power Rangers although I was a teen at the time. Lol. i will always be a geek.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By charlieboy

@minigunman123: I never really saw anything specific.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By minigunman123

@charlieboy said:

@minigunman123: I do agree that many take advantage and there should be limits. But the spirit or these programs is to help people in need. I like that. I really don't want to see America without social programs that help the poor or help people go to school. I would never have went to college without government grants. When we stop caring about our fellow man that is when society is going to totally deconstruct. When I was a little kid my dad died and we were very poor. My mother need help to take care of us. I would have been homeless if not for these programs as child. That being said, as an adult I am employed and pay my bills and taxes.

That sounds like a great use of the programs, and I'm sorry for your loss; but not everyone is like that, as you've said you recognize. I don't think all the programs should be taken away, by a long shot, but I do think there's more than ObamaCare that we could get rid of that would be more beneficial than hindering overall. As well, your mother likely had other options, such as family, to fall back on, in the worst possible scenario, yes? I'm not saying I think your Mom should have done anything differently, she sounds pretty cool, but for some people that might get into that situation in the future, I think that family trying to help family might be more appropriate than government helping citizen, since family should, if capable, have those kinds of obligations, rather than complete strangers.

I think it comes off like I'm saying "your Mom was a bad person for using those programs", but that's not what I mean, I just mean, we could get rid of some of the programs, because people can also call on family for help, if they're struggling. If they have no brothers or sisters, and their parents are dead, there are usually other relatives they can call upon; I don't think there's almost a single person of working age that has no remaining close or distant family, which is why I think it might be a safer net to catch people than the government in some cases. What do you think?