mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader: @SC:

Aww -- you're welcome and thank you. It was informative -- not in its content as that was porous but in the delivery. Scary and sad at the same time.

Yeah its quite sad how some people still think about homosexuality.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@lykopis said:

K -- I watched the entire video and really -- I am just going to break it down:

First off, it's a video produced by the Family Research Council which is a very powerful group actively promoting that the statute of D.O.M.A. (Defense of Marriage Act - identifying marriage as being only between one man and one woman) remain unchanged.

This organization wants to gear up support to do battle with constitutional challenges being brought forth by different organizations to amend this act to include same-sex marriages. Usually constitutional challenges are defended by government, but with Obama's statement of supporting same-sex marriage - he has declared the US government will not use their resources to strike down these challenges - which is pretty much making this a fore-gone conclusion except that the Supreme Court has the power to prevent this amendment should they deem fit to do so, despite Senate approval.

This video presents different people who are affiliated with this organization, starting off with a few sound bites from individuals that are rather misleading -- leaving someone who might have only viewed only a couple of minutes of the video to believe they have irrefutable proof same-sex marriage is wrong and destructive to the family unit.

First is a story about a little girl who stated she loved her best friend so therefore she must be gay (this is the narrator's stating this) - then a quick cut away to a gentleman holding a booklet titled Little Black Book - Queer in the 21st century in which he declares it illustrates how to perform homosexual acts and is distributed to teenagers and then of course -- how abortion is still worth fighting for but the video would be focusing on why same sex marriage is harmful to children.

Then we get into the meat of the video -- three couples living in Massachusetts who declare their horror discovering their children are learning about same-sex marriages in a familial environment through books available to them in the school library and also - via classroom reading times. One particular couple requested their kindergarten aged son be pulled from class prior to any exposure of said literature depicting same sex couples after having found a book in their child's backpack describing two princes who found each other "wonderful", married and became Kings. Apparently they were told that due to same-sex marriage being law in their state -- this was not a valid request to have parental permission obtained first when books and literature of this nature would be accessible to students. So -- the father said he went to school to assert his right as father and here the gentleman breaks down in tears -- describing how he was thrown in jail -- describing the horror of the cell, etc. etc. with his wife comforting him, teary-eyed as well. End of scene. That's it -- no further information.

Well. I did a little investigating and the story can be found here. In a nutshell, what the couple failed to disclose was that the father refused to leave the school until he got assurance his son would not be exposed to any literature "promoting" gay lifestyles - staying on the property for two hours before the administrator was forced to call the police and charge him with trespassing since the father had to be forcibly removed. Furthermore, the father also refused to post bail "to make a point" by spending time in jail to garner sympathy. Also, the picture book in question was part of a "diversity" bag which gets sent home with the students, one by one -- with a specific date for each child which parents were told to make note of at the beginning of the year. It was displayed in the classroom in the open house for the parents to peruse -- having the option to not have the bag sent home with their child should they choose. The parents claimed they were never informed and never saw the book, which the school staff refuted.

Then the Family Resource Council discuss a study they themselves conducted, showing that out of 200 plus children, only 3.5% of children born to opposite sex parents identified with gay behaviours, 16% to 37% of children raised by same sex male parents identified with gay behaviours and then -- incredibly - 32% to 57% of children raised by same sex female parents identified with gay behaviours. They provided a web address where this study could be found but when I tried it -- the page was no longer active and despite my navigating through their website -- I could not locate it. I am going on day two since emailing them a request for said study with no response and yet I got an email expressing their gratitude for my support in fighting for the American Family.

Hmm.

Onto the infamous Little Black Book. This is a book provided to high school students who seek counselling in regards to homosexuality promoting safe sex practices and information of groups where like-minded students could get together to support each other. The gentleman presented the book as a how-to guide to have homosexual sex and declare it as nothing more than a dating site pamphlet, expressing disgust at the imagery and anger at how federal funds were used to support various LGBT groups who distributed this book to secondary schools.

The video then parades a few doctors and therapists and "ex-gays" who state they were able to turn away and beat their same-sex attraction -- giving examples of marriage and birth of children as proof of their recovery from their "sins". One particularly aged woman was insistent homosexuality could be overcome -- stating she had counselled over 1500 people (no mention of success ratio) while providing the background story of having been a lesbian between the age of 13 to 27. She declares her religion identifies marriage as being man and woman becoming one flesh and how same-genitalia couples cannot possibly achieve the same physical connection.

(ahem) Moving on.

The president of this organization (who is also the narrator throughout the video) equates homosexuality as equally dangerous as fatherless homes and single parent households -- having another "expert" describe the sexual revolution of the 60's and 70's as being responsible for the destruction of society (the real reason why there is a 55% divorce rate between opposite gendered marriages). He then declares their righteous position to maintain marriage according to their Judeo-Christian beliefs and that their freedom of expression has been trampled on. He goes on to state 80% of Americans identify with the Christian religion (not stating the percentage of those 80% who do support same-sex marriage) while cut-scenes of the recent royal wedding in England appear intermittently to the powerful sounds of a string and horn orchestra crescendoing dramatically (I thought Paul Revere was going to make an appearance) The narrator reiterates marriage is solely for procreation - homosexuality is a sin - a physical condition that can be overcome and then ends with an entreaty for his fellow Christians to pray for one Supreme Court Judge who was against same-sex marriage and to pray for another Supreme Court Judge who was for same-sex marriage in the hopes of getting and keeping these judges onside.

That's about it.

TLDR, I know -- but for those who don't want to watch the video and were curious-- this is pretty much it.

"I thought Paul Revere was going to make an appearance"

HAHAHAHAHA