Me ¯\(°_o)/¯

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pyrogram

"Obama previously supported the treaty, but backed out over the summer due to fear of losing the then-upcoming election"

This shows he does not care about any of you, only his self. Obama will never support an open ban for guns as he will instantly lose an election, I was reading an article, no idea of truth but it said 40% of all american adults carry a gun in a public place and 60% have an assault weapon. If he bans them, he is losing votes instantly.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jobiwankenobi

It would really lower crime-related death I think. Though, humans will just find another way to do what they always do without them.

@Pyrogram said:

"Obama previously supported the treaty, but backed out over the summer due to fear of losing the then-upcoming election"

This shows he does not care about any of you, only his self. Obama will never support an open ban for guns as he will instantly lose an election, I was reading an article, no idea of truth but it said 40% of all american adults carry a gun in a public place and 60% have an assault weapon. If he bans them, he is losing votes instantly.

That's true of just about every politician. They're only worried about getting elected and being politicians.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By nick_hero22

Banning Assault Weapons is good

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pyrogram

@jobiwankenobi said:

It would really lower crime I think. Though, humans will just find another way to do what they always do without them.

@Pyrogram said:

That's true of just about every politician. They're only worried about getting elected and being politicians.

Please, tell me how it will lower crime. I love hearing this.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

@Pyrogram "Obama previously supported the treaty, but backed out over the summer due to fear of losing the then-upcoming election" We know. He's a two-faced liar. He was elected through vote fraud. Never give up any of your weapons! A disarmed society is an enslaved society!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Pyrogram: My bad, crime was the wrong word. Crime-related death was what I meant. They're less likely to shoot at cops without assault weapons and even less likely without guns. It's also less-likely they'll be able to kill their victims with a crowbar or knife than with any form if gun. Also, assault weapons create more stray bullets and are more "accident" prone than other guns and weapons. Sorry, I used the wrong word, and I actually said, "people will find other ways to do what they always do."

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matchstick

Good! I'm all for gun rights, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Now I'm gonna go make some popcorn and sit back to watch the right wing crazy unfold in this thread.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Matchstick: I was thinking the same thing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Pyrogram: My bad, crime was the wrong word. Crime-related death was what I meant. They're less likely to shoot at cops without assault weapons and even less likely without guns. It's also less-likely they'll be able to kill their victims with a crowbar or knife than with any form if gun. Also, assault weapons create more stray bullets and are more "accident" prone than other guns and weapons. Sorry, I used the wrong word, and I actually said, "people will find other ways to do what they always do."

I agree partly with this actually.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Pyrogram: Out of curiosity, which part don't you agree with?

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fits with his plan of building a ground force comparable in size to the numbers of the US military. That way he can police America in Fascist fashion.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One reason why assault weapons should be banned: I witnessed my brother's friend's pregnant girlfriend bleeding through her nose and mouth because they had a bone to pick with our neighbors. There is actually no use for them except to randomly hunt people, which has pretty much been the case. Unless you shoot deer with uzis.

Fun fact: You can legally make your own gun and you don't need to register it. However, you can't sell it. You can even order the parts online.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Pyrogram: Out of curiosity, which part don't you agree with?

"They're less likely to shoot at cops without assault weapons" I have talked to EX gang members and they hardly ever use assault weaponry ( Talked on forums, not RL ) So its an irrelevant opinion. But the rest is fine.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matchstick

@Living_Monstrosity said:

Fits with his plan of building a ground force comparable in size to the numbers of the US military. That way he can police America in Fascist fashion.

Well people always complain that he didn't create enough jobs.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

The 2nd Amendment needs to be discarded because it is absolutely irrelevant to today's society and is completely out of touch with the modern world. The Police Department is well equipped with the necessary training and gear to prevent most criminal activity if reported, if you are fearful of a intruder in your home then buy an alarm which is like what $10 a month to have it uplinked to a local precinct and I could guarantee that 99.9% of the time an alarm going off would deter most criminals (most criminals would quickly flee the scene) and you can also minimize the risk of a intrusion by properly securing you home. Just by having a gun doesn't always means that you are safe. What if the robbers see you with the gun and shoots you first, which could be avoided if you had an alarm. Even if the government went rogue and turned on its citizen then the government went rogue and turned on its citizen, there nothing no one would be able to do about. To think that a group of hillbillies with shotguns could even be considered a nuisance to the most powerful Military to the world who has stealth bombers, tanks, high-tech assault weaponry, bulletproof armor and vehicle, drones, and smart missiles is retarded. This Amendment was relevant during the time of its creation when people were a lot more isolated and didn't have police departments, modern technology, and the government had much less power in terms of military force, during that time a band of citizens who were armed could cause a problem to there government, but that is virtually impossible now. This Amendment needs to be discarded in favor of another Amendment that would allow the citizens of the United States to exert more influence in terms of the way they are governed, so people can have a much bigger say so in terms of the laws that are created by Congress. Guns cause way more problems then what they actually fix, this should be very obvious based off previous news.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Xanni15

It's about time.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Matchstick

@nick_hero22: Agreed.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nick_hero22

@Matchstick said:

@nick_hero22: Agreed.

People should really stop trying to appease the NRA (National Redneck Association).

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Pyrogram: Makes sense.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@jobiwankenobi said:

It would really lower crime-related death I think. Though, humans will just find another way to do what they always do without them.

@Pyrogram said:

I hate how when Obama does something two-faced or sneaky he gets the ol' "It's ok because all politicians do that" excuse.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Pyrogram said:

I hate how when Obama does something two-faced or sneaky he gets the ol' "It's ok because all politicians do that" excuse.

this.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

Good.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Pyrogram said:

I wasn't defending him. I was just throwing it out there.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nick_hero22

@Mercy_ said:

Good.

High Five

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By batkevin74

@MasterJohn: Does the average American citizen NEED an assault rifle? Personally I don't think so

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@batkevin74: Are you kidding? I need my assault rifle to mow down the kids that light bags of crap on fire and leave 'em on ma porch. That'll teach 'em.

I'm still waiting fir us t' git RPGs and bazookas legalized, that'll rily teach 'em.

Hell, I want trip mines n' C4 n' claymores so's I don' even need to git up to take cur of 'em.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Mercy_

This is a link to an interesting article regarding the NRA and how politicians approach (or more importantly, don't) them.

From within the article, this is a quote from a 'Democratic legislative staffer' who talked only under the veil of anonymity

We do absolutely anything they ask and we NEVER cross them—which includes asking permission to cosponsor any bills endorsed by the Humane Society (the answer is usually no) and complying with their demand to oppose the DISCLOSE Act, neither of which have anything to do with guns. They've completely shut down the debate over gun control. It's really incredible. I'm not sure when we decided that a Democrat in a marginal district who loses his A rating from the NRA automatically loses reelection. Because it's not like we do everything other partisan organizations like the Chamber [of Commerce] or NAM [National Association of Manufacturers] tell us to...
Pandering to the NRA is the probably worst part of my job. I can justify the rest of it—not just to keep the seat, but because I believe most of the positions he takes are consistent with what his constituents want. But sucking up to the NRA when something like Colorado happens is hard to stomach.

And this

It's less about the fear that they'll try to take you down and more about opportunism—it's one of the only clear cut ways to demonstrate you're a conservative or moderate Democrat. The A rating is a badge of honor and a defense against charges that you're some crazy liberal who votes with Nancy Pelosi 85 percent of the time. And if you're in a rural district the NRA endorsement probably matters a lot more than a suburban swing district. So members in that situation will do whatever it takes to get the A.
Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

No person, besides a solider needs an assault weapon. This is good news for anyone who doesn't want to be a victim of a mass murder.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By batkevin74

@jobiwankenobi: Oh you're obviously not an AVERAGE citizen :)

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Banning assault rifles does make sense. But they better not ban rifles or shotguns. I refuse to give mine up.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I saw results of a study where they tested how much safe a gun makes you if you're attacked. They tested people who had no gun experience, had messed around with air soft guns and felt they were good, and people with actual gun experience and training. They gave them paintball guns and told them they were going into some kind of gun safety simulation. They were to treat their gun as if it was real and the situation as if it were real. They plopped them in a gun training class so they'd let their guard down seeing as they were in a class with a bunch of people and expect this to possibly be the test. All the students were actors. They sent a guy in with a paintball gun (he didn't know who the test subject was and everyone in the room had on safety masks) in to "shoot" the teacher and random students putting anyone who pulled a gun on them on priority. 2/5 people didn't even manage to get the gun out of their holster before being shot. 1/5 managed to hit the target but didn't take cover and were hit first. 1/5 hit the target but were still hit first even before taking cover. 1/5 successfully hit the target and were not hit themselves. Most who were shot were hit multiple times, and most of the people that actually got shots off were almost or actually did hit one of the student actors whom were running around in mock panic.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@batkevin74: No I am not.

No Caption Provided
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pyrogram

@jobiwankenobi said:

@batkevin74: No I am not.

No Caption Provided

QFT

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By CainPanell

@nick_hero22 said:

Banning Assault Weapons is good

Nope it's not.

I Remember hearing stories about L.A. Riots years ago, Where a ton of people had to defend themselves, Through the aid of assault weapons.

Every american that has had no major crimes or no potentially dangerous mental issues should HAVE A gun.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mikethekiller

@nick_hero22 said:

The 2nd Amendment needs to be discarded because it is absolutely irrelevant to today's society and is completely out of touch with the modern world. The Police Department is well equipped with the necessary training and gear to prevent most criminal activity if reported, if you are fearful of a intruder in your home then buy an alarm which is like what $10 a month to have it uplinked to a local precinct and I could guarantee that 99.9% of the time an alarm going off would deter most criminals (most criminals would quickly flee the scene) and you can also minimize the risk of a intrusion by properly securing you home. Just by having a gun doesn't always means that you are safe. What if the robbers see you with the gun and shoots you first, which could be avoided if you had an alarm. Even if the government went rogue and turned on its citizen then the government went rogue and turned on its citizen, there nothing no one would be able to do about. To think that a group of hillbillies with shotguns could even be considered a nuisance to the most powerful Military to the world who has stealth bombers, tanks, high-tech assault weaponry, bulletproof armor and vehicle, drones, and smart missiles is retarded. This Amendment was relevant during the time of its creation when people were a lot more isolated and didn't have police departments, modern technology, and the government had much less power in terms of military force, during that time a band of citizens who were armed could cause a problem to there government, but that is virtually impossible now. This Amendment needs to be discarded in favor of another Amendment that would allow the citizens of the United States to exert more influence in terms of the way they are governed, so people can have a much bigger say so in terms of the laws that are created by Congress. Guns cause way more problems then what they actually fix, this should be very obvious based off previous news.

This

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batkevin74

@shadowknight666 said:

Every american that has had no major crimes or no potentially dangerous mental issues should HAVE A gun.

So then noone should have a gun, because everyone has the POTENTIAL to have mental problems. I believe you just solved the problem, no guns for anyone!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

Having a gun for self-defense and hunting seems valid.

Assault weapons are more geared for war-fighting. I think the whole 2nd Amendment, "we need to defend ourselves from the government" argument is ridiculous and anachronistic. If that was the case, then there's basically no difference between assault weapons, machine guns, rocket launchers, grenades, flame-throwers, artillery, etc. If you need to be able to defend yourself from the government, you're going to need a whole lot more than a single AR-15.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as banning them, but maybe add licensing or some sort of more strict checks to make sure mentally unstable people cant get them. The big threat from assault rifles isnt your normal collector or hunter, it's the crazies that easily get a hold of these things.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CainPanell

@batkevin74 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

So then noone should have a gun, because everyone has the POTENTIAL to have mental problems. I believe you just solved the problem, no guns for anyone!

Nope, Only people that HAVE them, Not Potential to have them.

Check Mate

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

But what if the zombies ... Nevermind.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MasterJohn

Obama is also trying to ban semi-autos..See U.N. gun ban treaty. Look..I think guns should be legal..And yes, even in these modern times must we defend ourselves from tyranny. Let's put a scenario..Government troops come into a farmer's home, takes his guns. Ok, now lets say the Wolves come out that night, and they are looking for something to eat..They break into the farmer's house, and kill him. And he couldn't defend himself because his guns were taken away. There was this report out of Texas that 2 armed men broke into a house, where a 16 year old girl was, alone. Her parents were around the corner buying groceries..She was in the shower, they break in, they try to grab her, she takes her gun and shoots them dead...The liberal media was very critical of the 16 year old for defending her innocence. Imagine if she didn't have a gun, I don't think she'd be alive or in good mental condition. And broadcasters like Piers Morgan put out anti-gun messages, but I'm sure he wants his bodyguards to have guns..

I think that if someone buys an assault weapon, they must have a felony free record, not even the slightest mistomeanor. Hopefully Mr Boehner and the House will oppose any UN international treaty. And hopefully Senator Feinstien's bill is struck down.

Alright, your view. Let's be left defenseless against the threats of the world. Chicago's guns are banned...See how well it's going? L.A. has no guns..See how well it's doing?

DETRIOT, my goodness..There's multiple gun bans there, know how many murders happen on record?

Also, it's the National Rifle Assosciation, not the redneck assosciation. Then again, what do you have against rednecks?

Some people believe witchcraft will help them, no, we have one defense-Guns.

Now if you are in martial arts you use Swords and knives. Don't ban my knives or swords now.. <.<

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Also, it's the National Rifle Assosciation, not the redneck assosciation. Then again, what do you have against rednecks? 

... he was obviously making a joke.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By willpayton

If you're a good Christian then you dont need guns. Just pray and God will keep you safe.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MasterJohn

@WillPayton said:

If you're a good Christian then you dont need guns. Just pray and God will keep you safe.

HA. You just HAD to bring that issue up? Where in the Bible does it say we shouldn't defend ourselves?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By batkevin74

@shadowknight666 said:

@batkevin74 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

Check Mate

Check, maybe. Check mate....no!

Every single American has the potential for mental problems, just like any human. We all have the potential. You said "potentially dangerous mental issues" so just to be sure because you don't want to be caught out with a misdiagnosis, everyone shouldn't have a gun. If everyone doesn't have a gun, then a citizen of the US on US soil can get shot by another citizen (the police & military are another thing).

Your move :)

7DEADPOOL7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 7DEADPOOL7

@nick_hero22 We need guns to protect ourselves during the zombie apocalypse. :)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wolfrazer

Am all for banning assault rifles, because unless the country is invaded in a surprise attack then there really is no need for them. But banning semi autos and regular rifles and other guns? NO! NEVER!  Ya ya, oh its a long shot that the US would get invaded...but they said it was also impossible to fly into space and guess what? Theres been things sent into space. 

Am not saying that the US will get invaded or anything, but hypothetically if happened...then I would want my guns to defend myself. Am not just gonna stand there, and let the enemy just steamroll through the country, US citizens shouldn't back down to anything. 

But moving away from that, you still have hunting that people like to do. Why do you wanna ban guns entirely, and take away hunting?

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CainPanell

@batkevin74 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@batkevin74 said:

@shadowknight666 said:

Check Mate

Check, maybe. Check mate....no!

Every single American has the potential for mental problems, just like any human. We all have the potential. You said "potentially dangerous mental issues" so just to be sure because you don't want to be caught out with a misdiagnosis, everyone shouldn't have a gun. If everyone doesn't have a gun, then a citizen of the US on US soil can get shot by another citizen (the police & military are another thing).

Your move :)

Clever.

By Potentially I meant potentially dangerous, not potential mental issues. Someone diagnosed with severe mental disorder that causes them to, Let's say, Shoot five year olds in the face, Shouldn't own a gun. You can't disagree with that, But as for someone like ME Who is perfectly sane, never committed a serious crime in my life and never have harmed a person for anything other then self defense, Should be allowed to own a weapon. We live in a society where there is MILLIONS Of others like me out there.

Reminds me of a point a libertarian like myself made, Let's say every single woman in the U.S. Was given a handgun and trained for three months on how to use it, after that they were free to do what they want with it, They could throw it away, sell it, give it away whatever, But let's say that half of them got rid of these guns, Well that's still a fifty percent population that is armed. If you are premeditating a crime towards a woman, Are you still going to carry it out knowing there's half a chance she would straight up kill you?

Another problem if we outlawed guns, is only outlaws would have guns. Let's say hypothetically we take away the second amendment to non military and police, Well now you have the problem that Self defense CAN NOT EXIST. The only people with guns would be criminals willing to purchase them illegally in order to rob, rape, murder and terrorize, and where would we be? F*cking defenseless. Not only that, but these crimes would sky rocket, Because now they know there is a ZERO Percent chance they get shot before the cops come.

I Rest my case