#1 Posted by Xanni15 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#3 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
dang... that is messed up. 
to say the least
#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose he's not going to give his secretary Bob Cratchet a Christmas bonus this year either...

#5 Posted by turoksonofstone (13194 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

What... why... that doesn't make any sense! That's horrible!

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Except that thread is about overall rules and bans. This is about a specific one. Therefore, not the same thread.

#9 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Zombie_ said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Except that thread is about overall rules and bans. This is about a specific one. Therefore, not the same thread.

Eh, you don't get it, do you? I was being a smartass. Because this ban on feeding homeless is stupid.

#10 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: *shrugged*

Considering the amount of people that pop into a thread just to post that? It's hard to tell, really.

#11 Posted by Vaeternus (8327 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloomberg is an idiot, I live here and believe me he doesn't know what he's doing. First he worries about soft drinks, then botched Sandy help now this...

Rudy was 100x better...then boobberg.

#12 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I love not being in U.S.A.

Sad but true.

#13 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

NYC Bans Sanity.....

Just kidding....maybe......But I am disliking this world more every minute.

#14 Posted by Inverno (12830 posts) - - Show Bio

So is he going to arrest people that decide to donate food on their own? That is insanity!!

#15 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

this is just plain wrong....homeless people eat garbage!!!! do you think they care that about the salt, fat, and fiber content of what they're eating??? NO! they're just happy to be eating something that didn't come from the dumpster

#16 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Salt isn't even what he thinks it is... He's probably thinking "oh boy, less salt, must be healthy", but the salt he's referring to is just NaCl, Sodium Chloride. Sea salt and/or other salts that have many other salts in them ("salt" is a chemical term, actually) are very healthy for humans, and are essential for brain function. Most people need more salts other than NaCl because table salt and the most common forms of salt used in processed foods are just NaCl, nothing more.

Basically:

The guy's dumber than a sack of salt.

#17 Edited by Edamame (28006 posts) - - Show Bio

That is horrible. It is also disgusting how the homeless are often assaulted by some Police Officers as well.

This is actually a manifestation of Social Darwinism. Social Darwinists seek to oppress the homeless and the poor. In other countries in the West, the homeless and the poor are actually treated somewhat better.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

What the heck? Seriously?

#19 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Wow, what the hell is going on in NYC?

Well, it's New York City, what do you expect :p

#20 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

That's ridiculous.. Even if it wasn't the best quality of food (which it doesn't sound like) it's still better than no food. And the reasons stated are even more ridiculous:because it's policy? Then change the damn policy!

#21 Posted by TheSheepHerder (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Good god that's just completely f^cked up.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's brilliant thinking right there. Their reasoning as to why they can't continue to provide them with food donations is a sad and miserable excuse for laziness and disregard.

#23 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

I suppose he's not going to give his secretary Bob Cratchet a Christmas bonus this year either...

XD

@minigunman123 said:

Salt isn't even what he thinks it is... He's probably thinking "oh boy, less salt, must be healthy", but the salt he's referring to is just NaCl, Sodium Chloride. Sea salt and/or other salts that have many other salts in them ("salt" is a chemical term, actually) are very healthy for humans, and are essential for brain function. Most people need more salts other than NaCl because table salt and the most common forms of salt used in processed foods are just NaCl, nothing more.

Basically:

The guy's dumber than a sack of salt.

xD

#24 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was homeless, I wouldnt give two sh!ts to the fat and salt content. I would be thankful just to be able to not starve to death.

#25 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15:

Andre Bauer approves