Edited By waezi2
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm pretty sure I can answer your question "How could "Daken: Dark Wolverine" fail so much?" in two words:

Daniel Way.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@xwraith: Not really, the book sucked AFTER he left it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I could have sworn he did the whole thing.

His Deadpool was terrible, though. Made worse by the fact that he started writing it the same time Wade became a big name. I've seen a lot of people refer to it as the "real" Deadpool.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Yeah, but he wrote Daken well. Most likely because he invented Daken. Unfortunally, he left Dark Wolverine in order to focus on Deadpool.

And then Daken became a druggy...

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

His solo series started out so beautiful and then deteriorated into utter garbage. Not even visiting the Runaways at the end could save it. Having Daken become a drug addict was ridiculous and while his ego was extreme, he was a master manipulator and would have never gotten caught up in anything that would hurt him and have him be dependent, let alone needing anyone. I've decided to ignore the ending of that book.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Imma go watch White Chicks.

Jmarshmallow

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

His solo series started out so beautiful and then deteriorated into utter garbage. Not even visiting the Runaways at the end could save it. Having Daken become a drug addict was ridiculous and while his ego was extreme, he was a master manipulator and would have never gotten caught up in anything that would hurt him and have him be dependent, let alone needing anyone. I've decided to ignore the ending of that book.

Exactly. BTW, have you read the story where he dies in X-Force? Is it any good?

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As Previously mentioned:

Dat hair on Daken.....

As for the comic itself. I'm torn. Daniel Way is a really hit and miss writer. Some of the stuff he did with the character was brilliant (the sexuality, the fights with Wolvie, taking over Madriporr) but some of it was just dumb. I think, given the fact he was more focused on Deadpool at the time, he just banged out the stories without really paying a good thought to the plot developments. Case in point, the X-23 crossover, which could have been MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME (the fight is still one of my favorites), but it was made sub-par by the overlap with Majorie Lou's stuff going on, and the fact he had to shoe-horn his own plots into it. Still, it was better more often then it was bad, so not a total loss.

The art was always top notch on the book though. Every artist that worked on Dark Wolverine brought their A-Game. My props go to Cammuncoli and Cheechetto in particular.

All in all, 7/10

Unlike the rest of ya, I have a more moderate opinion on Daniel Way. He can be very good when he wants to be, but when he's bad, he's bad. I really think he just needs a solid editor, and he can do quite well for himself.

Also @waezi2, Remender did a PHENOMONAL job on Uncanny X-Force. And the scene with Daken and Wolverine is classic.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By waezi2

@rd189 said:

As Previously mentioned:

Dat hair on Daken.....

As for the comic itself. I'm torn. Daniel Way is a really hit and miss writer. Some of the stuff he did with the character was brilliant (the sexuality, the fights with Wolvie, taking over Madriporr) but some of it was just dumb. I think, given the fact he was more focused on Deadpool at the time, he just banged out the stories without really paying a good thought to the plot developments. Case in point, the X-23 crossover, which could have been MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME (the fight is still one of my favorites), but it was made sub-par by the overlap with Majorie Lou's stuff going on, and the fact he had to shoe-horn his own plots into it. Still, it was better more often then it was bad, so not a total loss.

The art was always top notch on the book though. Every artist that worked on Dark Wolverine brought their A-Game. My props go to Cammuncoli and Cheechetto in particular.

All in all, 7/10

Unlike the rest of ya, I have a more moderate opinion on Daniel Way. He can be very good when he wants to be, but when he's bad, he's bad. I really think he just needs a solid editor, and he can do quite well for himself.

Also @waezi2, Remender did a PHENOMONAL job on Uncanny X-Force. And the scene with Daken and Wolverine is classic.

Most writers need one. I talk allot of smack about Mark Millar, but I like his Superman and Spiderman Stuff.

I must see if I can find X-Force, then. Thanks.

I have only recently learned about Way, and only read his Daken stuff. Could you give me some recommendations?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@waezi2 said:

@ms-lola said:

Exactly. BTW, have you read the story where he dies in X-Force? Is it any good?

My opinion might not be the popular one. I didn't like it. I appreciate how they presented everything leading up to it, but it missed the mark for me. It's another one of those "pretenditdidnthappen" things, for me.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: This month is seriously lacking in the White department.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Problem solved:

Loading Video...

Unfortunately, there are no such thing as a Barry White comicbook.