Nostalgia Critic review: Batman (Burton's) vs. Dark Knight!

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cervantes

From review site "thatguywiththeglasses.com":  

http://blip.tv/play/gbk7gYL_WgI 

I'd give it to Dark Knight for the plot, which was basically Batman: The War on Terror, with Batman the Special Forces, cops the military, Joker - Bin Laden... you get it. 
And also for the actor, because Bale does a great job, the voice thing is not noticeable until the second movie - should have just done a slightly brutish accent instead.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmm... this is sort of interesting
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

i dont like that guy... but he did a funny review on Jingle All The Way.

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Nostalgia Critic's reviews are usually based on misinformation and his opinions anyway. I'd go for the Dark Knight because let's face it it's more acurate to Batman, than Mr. Burton's I'll never read a comic book in my whole entire life. Because Mr.Burton's Roger Smith inspire brain can never understand what comes after issue #1 of a comic. Keaton looks good in costume and that's about it.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
Nostalgia Critic's reviews are usually based on misinformation and his opinions anyway. I'd go for the Dark Knight because let's face it it's more acurate to Batman, than Mr. Burton's I'll never read a comic book in my whole entire life. Because Mr.Burton's Roger Smith inspire brain can never understand what comes after issue #1 of a comic. Keaton looks good in costume and that's about it.
and Nicholson did a better job as Joker.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Caligula

Nostalgia Critic is a joke.

TGWTG has gone down hill greatly in recent years. and Doug was never that good at reviewing things, he isn't funny at all.

Avatar image for lilsilverphoenix
lilsilverphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By lilsilverphoenix
@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
I'll give you misinformation, but um aren't reviews typically based on personal opinions? 

And I actually like the NC. He's good for a laugh and really is just about remembering stuff from the past. I mean who else remembers the 90's Captain America movie? (well besides me)
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
@lilsilverphoenix said:
@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
I'll give you misinformation, but um aren't reviews typically based on personal opinions? 

And I actually like the NC. He's good for a laugh and really is just about remembering stuff from the past. I mean who else remembers the 90's Captain America movie? (well besides me)
any one whose into comics seriously.

now if you want to get obscure how about

Turkish Spider-Man vs Captain Turkish America
where Spider-Man is a murdering drug-lord/serial killer?

or the David Hasselhoff made for TV, Shield film?
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Prince CortSether

Nostalgia Critic is filled with massive amounts of unfunny - especially when he does those awful Bum Revews,  though even that's better than that horrible Nostalgia Chick. 

And nobody has taken Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) seriously since he said the new Karate Kid was better than the 80s Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i give it to the Dark knight for...well everything really

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cervantes
@I'maDC/ImageGuy!
Exactly, I DO NOT agree that Batman beats Dark Knight! I also don't understand how the Critic missed the War on Terror theme to the plot - golden! It was a revelation, EVERYTHING connected to it and built it up. Easily the best Batman script ever. 

Plus, Burton's you can only love as a kid. Once you are about to hit college, you go "Batman's trying to STRAFE the Joker with the Batwing?! Wait - and MISSED? Oh, but the longbarreled revolver can bring down Batman! And Batman deliberately kills Joker at the end...  

Don't get me started. Plus, Critic loved King Kong which was a punishingly long 31/2 hour screen saver, instead of a movie! AAARRGGH... 
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!
@lilsilverphoenix: A reviewer's job is to tell me what the experience of the product. Telling me if the product I wish to purchase is worth my time and money like so many great comic reviewer's on this site.Who I like to thank for BTW on saving me so much money on trades(How's Shadowland? There is a MVC3 stage catering to it, so I want to ask is the story arc any good?). NC puts his opinions onto his reviews like The Last Action Hero calling it terrible and cheesy when it's actually a spoof of action movies and was trying to be stupid.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula

@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:

@lilsilverphoenix: A reviewer's job is to tell me what the experience of the product. Telling me if the product I wish to purchase is worth my time and money like so many great comic reviewer's on this site.Who I like to thank for BTW on saving me so much money on trades(How's Shadowland? There is a MVC3 stage catering to it, so I want to ask is the story arc any good?). NC puts his opinions onto his reviews like The Last Action Hero calling it terrible and cheesy when it's actually a spoof of action movies and was trying to be stupid.

exactly. if you couldn't see the blatant spoofiness of LAH how can I take you seriously on any review?

Cervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cervantes
@I'maDC/ImageGuy!

BTW Shadowland is a good one to avoid, just listen to or look at some of Sara and Tony's comments on it.