Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@cezar_thescribe said:

@chaos_prime said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

@awesam said:

@cezar_thescribe: Everyone has the right to defend themselves, but not to bare firearms. Your way of thinking is exactly why there's so much gun violence in America. It's unbelievable how people can think everyone should own a gun.

We have the right to keep and bear arms.

& who was it that wrote this Law? Where they a fair reflection on the American citizens of the time?

Was there a woman or Native American in that group?

Laws where made to be changed if they dont stand the test of time & the Right to Keep Bare arms law is one of them that needs changing imo.

You're wrong.

Inalienable rights are rights that cannot be sold, taken away, or changed.

Isnt that a form of Dictatorship? Sounds very arcane.

So much for a Democratic vote on the subject then?

and what about when a democratic vote said that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed?

@cezar_thescribe said:

@chaos_prime said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

@chaos_prime said:

@cezar_thescribe said:

@awesam said:

@cezar_thescribe: Everyone has the right to defend themselves, but not to bare firearms. Your way of thinking is exactly why there's so much gun violence in America. It's unbelievable how people can think everyone should own a gun.

We have the right to keep and bear arms.

& who was it that wrote this Law? Where they a fair reflection on the American citizens of the time?

Was there a woman or Native American in that group?

Laws where made to be changed if they dont stand the test of time & the Right to Keep Bare arms law is one of them that needs changing imo.

You're wrong.

Inalienable rights are rights that cannot be sold, taken away, or changed.

Isnt that a form of Dictatorship? Sounds very arcane.

So much for a Democratic vote on the subject then?

No, it is a very good thing. This is not a democracy. America is supposed to be a Republic.

Republic? sounds like old fashioned Stalinism.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Are you really that stupid that you don't know what a Republic is!?

Stalin was a Communist!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are you really that stupid that you don't know what a Republic is!?

Stalin was a Communist!

Read the answers/questions correctly then u may ask that question again.

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Woah, lots of hostility here.

I am a non-American and I find this case deplorable simply because the use of a firearm causing death resulted in no penalty what-so-ever. I can confidently say, in my country, that would not happen. Carrying a handgun -- and using it to kill someone else (self-defense or not) -- has a couple of charges which will stick. One -- the illegal possession of a handgun, two -- the concealing of a handgun and three -- using said gun which is recognized as a weapon specifically to kill to actually kill someone.

(Edited to add: The Stand Your Ground law is a travesty in itself)

That is because your country is nuts. Everyone has the right to defend themselves and carry a weapon.

Stand you ground is a fine law.

No one has the right to tell someone they can't defend themselves.

Yes. We are. Looney bin levels. We have people shooting at each other in a free for all gun-fight along highways and our elementary schools and high schools machine gun zones and lots of crazy stuff....oh wait.

You are leaping on every person who has something to say that in contrary to how you feel. You do realize this thread is asking for the opinions of non-Americans, right? You funny.

@pyrogram said:

I disagree with this and it borders on sounding like you some kind of superiority complex regarding Canada's legal system, which if what you are saying is true is broken. Self defense is a legal reason to lawfully kill weather you like it or not. It is even morally correct if you feel your life is in danger.

Disregarding the case, I am talking about your use of NO penalty? Big deal? If it was done lawfully who are you, or who is anybody to say "in my country" MAYBE your country has a crappy legal system which stops law abiding citizens defending themselves. Killing somebody can be lawful, that is how the law works and if it does not work like that in Canada...well I am quite frankly shocked. And the rest of your thing saying about how having a handgun is illegal is not even an opinion, carrying a gun in the US is like carrying toothpicks. Nobody cares.

There is no superiority complex going on with me darling -- my country forbids the ownership of handguns, forbids the concealing of weapons and so, if both are evident in a crime -- self defense ain't going to cut it as in USING THE GUN TO DO SO.

Go all Bruce Lee if you have to -- grab a two by four, broken beer bottle -- whatever you want if you feel your life is in danger and have at it and if you feel it needs to go so far as to bludgeon or slash and hack away at someone to death, then off you go to court to prove self defense. Who said that is you kill in self-defense, you go to jail in my country? It's the use of a gun -- an illegal weapon. Carrying one on your person, illegally is already a mark against you should you use it in a fight for self defense -- it means you are cognizant of the potential of needing to "protect yourself" and instead of going to the authorities, or carrying say a baseball bat in the back of your car, you decide to pack a gun.

Nah. You discarding my comments about having firearms is the entirety of my post so I have no idea where your tangent came from.

And yes, I would say the legal system in my country is better than the United States. This is true IN MY OPINION-ion-ion-ion-ion......,

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@lykopis: I'm not american I don't care about that politics between the US/Canada and I know the UK has a worse system so I got no quarrels :P

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how was this racist? like, at all?

a half-Hispanic, Half Eastern Asian man was assaulted by, and subsequently shot a black man

what aspect of any of that is racist?

1. you realize Zimmerman is also a minority in this nation?

2. you realize that Zimmerman would probably have been killed or seriously injured if he didn't have that gun?

Oh -- I had no idea that if you are a minority in the States, you can't be a racist! Well then -- since Zimmerman is half-Asian, part Latino, a fifth unicorn and a smidgeon of purple people eater (how you know he isn't all those things -- there's no EVIDENCE he isn't) so of COURSE he can't be racist. If only you were interviewed by MNBC and CNN and the Mary Tyler Moore Show -- all this spectacle could have been avoided. Curses!

Know what? Damn it, man! You have to get out there and raise funds to put a gun in the hands of every American! I mean, anyone can be killed or seriously injured when they put themselves in a position to be involved in a physical altercation! Looks like a lobby group oughtta be hitting Washington to get cracking on that initiative. The sooner the better!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@lykopis: I agree. I was actually talking to a friend about how they make Martin out to be some 14 year old. The outdated pictures don't help either. For a country that loves their right to bear arms, they sure are pissed that Zimmerman was bearing a firearm.

I found the biggest problem to be that people were discussing the "stand your ground" law. Might I add, it's one of the most exploited laws in history and no one really knows how it works. Since guns are legal in America, Zimmerman had the right to carry his. He also had the right to use it for self-defense.

So glad I live in Canada.

Just saw this now. You're right.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see lots of americans commenting here. wasn't this for non americans?

either way
as a non-american, not living in the US and who has very little information on this case, I have these things to say:
-why bring any racism into this thing? just look at the evidence, analyze the area and the case, let the police and investigators do their job. tell the media to go jump a bridge and stop being asinine donkeys
-once again, guns are brought into the question. gosh darn it, freaking gun laws, "blah blah blah, we have the right to bear arms" GREAT GREAT! go kill a bear and carry around it's arms, it's okay, just don't go around carrying a bunch of guns and expect shooting and accidents not to happen
-if you don't trust your legal system and your officers and etc... to do their job right, then what are you guys doing? CHANGE IT UP, make it better, make sure they do their jobs correctly, don't just wait around for every time there's a controversial event going on to complain! if there's something wrong in your country, try to fix it. it's not gonna matter in the end of the day if one innocent man is locked up or if a guilty man goes free. that might happen even in the fairest of countries. what matters is trying to make things better so it happens less and matter less, than usual

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Vortex13

@ohgawd said:

Lykopis is a perfect example of why I think Canada/Canadians suck.

For me Lyko is a perfect example of why I think Canada/Canadians or awesome.

Oh, and in the future if you are going to insult/criticize someone at least have the guts to @ reply them.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe:

That is being looked into. I hope they say it is unconstitutional, because it is.

The federal government is limited. They are just being tyrannical now. They have to be stopped.

Limited?

The US govt is famous for doing unconstitutional things and stepping over their boundaries, take the megaupload case, the recent NSA fiasco, the whole patriot act straight to gitmo schenanigan. What makes you think that a revolution will stop them? this is not egypt or some middle eastern country we are talking about, it is America. They can do whatever the hell they like to their people, and there is nothing which I meant nothing that any of its people can do about it.

who's going to stop them

a petition?

get shot

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex13 said:

@ohgawd said:

For me Lyko is a perfect example of why I think Canada/Canadians or awesome.

Oh, and in the future if you are going to insult/criticize someone at least have the guts to @ reply them.

You're a weenis.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy:

good point

-once again, guns are brought into the question. gosh darn it, freaking gun laws, "blah blah blah, we have the right to bear arms" GREAT GREAT! go kill a bear and carry around it's arms, it's okay, just don't go around carrying a bunch of guns and expect shooting and accidents not to happen

Loading Video...

If Trayvon had a gun he would be safe

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd said:

But I do it so well, dear.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

actually, by the little I know of Ly, Canada seems like a superb country to live. no wonder many people from my country migrate there

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

Are you coming on to me?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lykopis

@ohgawd said:

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

Are you coming on to me?

I would but you would only reject me.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By KingOfAsh

I've just heard people mention it on here. I looked it up and it was a shooting. I don't know enough to know what to make of it.

(Oh, and if you want to defend yourself, you don't need a gun; just learn matial arts, it's better)

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

Are you coming on to me?

Not if you suck as well as you say you do.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofash: or shoot in the leg or something, maybe carry a knife

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lykopis said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

how was this racist? like, at all?

a half-Hispanic, Half Eastern Asian man was assaulted by, and subsequently shot a black man

what aspect of any of that is racist?

1. you realize Zimmerman is also a minority in this nation?

2. you realize that Zimmerman would probably have been killed or seriously injured if he didn't have that gun?

Oh -- I had no idea that if you are a minority in the States, you can't be a racist! Well then -- since Zimmerman is half-Asian, part Latino, a fifth unicorn and a smidgeon of purple people eater (how you know he isn't all those things -- there's no EVIDENCE he isn't) so of COURSE he can't be racist. If only you were interviewed by MNBC and CNN and the Mary Tyler Moore Show -- all this spectacle could have been avoided. Curses!

Know what? Damn it, man! You have to get out there and raise funds to put a gun in the hands of every American! I mean, anyone can be killed or seriously injured when they put themselves in a position to be involved in a physical altercation! Looks like a lobby group oughtta be hitting Washington to get cracking on that initiative. The sooner the better!

I don't really want to get into this to much but I like reading the comments in these and laughing but I saw this and had to comment

there is no evidence that he IS racist

there is evidence that he ISN'T racist

he actually protested against the treatment of a homeless black man who was beaten by a police lieutenant's son in 2010

you don't need to reply if you don't want to because I don't want to get into an argument with anyone or anything like that...just wanted to point that out real quick

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jorgevy:

good point

Loading Video...

While that guy is correct in that black men are often stereotyped and viewed as criminals (as are people of all races and such,but lets focus on black men for a moment),I personally disagree with a few things,like the "let's arm every black male".

Regarding the first thing,and it happens to every race,and I can understand his point that,in some cases,they are viewed as more valuable,but there are many cases of white people being raped,killed,etc (as there are for people of every race,but I am focusing on black men for now) that go unnoticed by the media. By the same token,it also happens to blacks and there are hundreds of cases that go unnoticed every day against,well,not just blacks and whites,but others.Even for reasons not tied to race,but like religion,gender,sexual orientation,etc.

2. Arm every black person? For what?! Does he not see the tons of violence in the community and such and he believes that the responsible thing to do is arm everyone? I believe that I took what he said out of context or something.

But regarding the way blacks are viewed in the country and such,he is not wrong.

And that other guy seems completely ignorant of the racism that still exists in this country...and hell,he assumes that the only crimes and racism and such in this country done to blacks are only by blacks...wow. I mean,while there are crimes that are black on white crimes and black on black crimes and white on white crimes,etc etc and all other possibilities,he seems to think that racism is completely dead in this country and that blacks only make this stuff up....

anyway,I am american so I am out...anyway,I don't even have an opinion on the case. :P

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe:

That is being looked into. I hope they say it is unconstitutional, because it is.

The federal government is limited. They are just being tyrannical now. They have to be stopped.

Limited?

The US govt is famous for doing unconstitutional things and stepping over their boundaries, take the megaupload case, the recent NSA fiasco, the whole patriot act straight to gitmo schenanigan. What makes you think that a revolution will stop them? this is not egypt or some middle eastern country we are talking about, it is America. They can do whatever the hell they like to their people, and there is nothing which I meant nothing that any of its people can do about it.

who's going to stop them

a petition?

get shot

The petition was for something else.

Another civil war might stop them.

Civil War 2016?

The Civil War Of 2016 U.S. Military Officers Are Told To Plan To Fight Americans – Video

Link

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe: No way, too damn weak

The wimps will face the US military, good luck with that

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe: No way, too damn weak

The wimps will face the US military, good luck with that

They said this before and that was against the British army. They were defeated.

Read history.

A paid thug will retreat faster than someone fighting for a true cause.

Especially if the pay and food runs out.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ImagineMan16

i dont care when a poor s.o.b. is caught in america's stupidity. neither does my country. what i do care about is: people need to get on with their lives and stop twiddling their thumbs with things that dont concern them. i bet they have more immediate problems than some trial.

Being an American with this exact mindset, I actually got a lot of criticism when I told people I had no interest in the trial because it held no relevance to me in any way. Everyone was like, "But Trayvon needs justice!" And I responded, "Um... isn't that why the trial is happening? I don't think whether or not I watch it is going to affect the outcome." But these people just stared at me like they couldn't comprehend this. I think they were honestly so infatuated with themselves that they genuinely believed their opinions could somehow magically impact the trial.

Bottom line, I think Americans are bored. I look around my country and get the impression that everyone is bored and will jump on any little thing that they can sensationalize to entertain themselves.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cezar_thescribe: The thugs are the people fighting the government, since the higher ups decide who is labeled what.

Go ahead, let the average american target a Navy SEAL and see how well that pans out

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Strongarm
Loading Video...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohgawd said:

Shame on you.

Total respect to u Lykopis.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy:

actually, I think it would be the opposite

I don't understand how americans can think that having more guns going around makes anyone safer, anything safer at all

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: guns to protect them from knives, and because of that they need guns to protect them from other guns

its magical and highly entertaining

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be in prison.

If he hadn't had followed him, Trayvon would still be alive.

If he hadn't had got out of his car, Trayvon would still be alive.

If he hadn't had been carrying a gun, Trayvon would still be alive.

If he hadn't had fired the gun, Trayvon would still be alive.

He is entirely responsible.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: guns to protect them from knives, and because of that they need guns to protect them from other guns

its magical and highly entertaining

I wonder how they think the rest of the world, specially people in Europe, protect themselves if they can't have any guys.
they probably think we got mugged/attacked all the freaking time

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: blame it on their constitution

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: well the reason constitutions exist, is to serve the will of the people, not to be served by the people. if there's something wrong or not anymore agreeable by the people in the Constitution, it's time to change it. but I guess I don't care much. it's their country

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

@cezar_thescribe: The thugs are the people fighting the government, since the higher ups decide who is labeled what.

Go ahead, let the average american target a Navy SEAL and see how well that pans out

Loading Video...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm said:

Loading Video...

Unless its the NYPD their up against.

Loading Video...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime:

Thank you, that's very kind of you! :)

I don't really want to get into this to much but I like reading the comments in these and laughing but I saw this and had to comment

there is no evidence that he IS racist

there is evidence that he ISN'T racist

he actually protested against the treatment of a homeless black man who was beaten by a police lieutenant's son in 2010

you don't need to reply if you don't want to because I don't want to get into an argument with anyone or anything like that...just wanted to point that out real quick

Actually, I do agree with you -- I don't think Zimmerman is racist either. I was just calling out the idea that if you are a visible minority, you can't be racist. I could see why you felt I did though, so I apologize.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

@lykopis said:

@ohgawd said:

Are you coming on to me?

Lykopis trolling?

Strange............ But I like it

Anyways, The Amazing Atheist describes the situation pretty nicely IMO.

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This topic is stupid. Why should Americans care what non-Americans think about things that happen in the USA? There's a reason why we're #1 and it's because we're better than everyone else. They should care about what we think of them. Actually everyone not from America is filled with envy, which is why they talk smack.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@living_monstrosity: Why should non americans be jealous about Detroit?

I mean the only reason I like the country is because they have the cool presidents and the cool toys (drones/DARPA and all)

But I pity ya'll since NSA is being a d!ck

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Chaos Prime

This topic is stupid. Why should Americans care what non-Americans think about things that happen in the USA? There's a reason why we're #1 and it's because we're better than everyone else. They should care about what we think of them. Actually everyone not from America is filled with envy, which is why they talk smack.

Please feel fee to name them.Call it a confidence boost.

The problem with Americans is the silent majority.Yep all those people that sit back & say & do nothing.If they do stand up as in the past there called Un-American or Commies.

U tried it before with Mr Muhammad Ali during his stance on the vietnam war but it didnt work because outside of America he was respected for his opinions.

The same cannot be said for Bradley Manning because unlike Mr Ali the media abroad doesnt even cover his story on the front page or make the Main News on TV.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_prime:

U tried it before with Mr Muhammad Ali during his stance on the vietnam war but it didnt work because outside of America he was respected for his opinions.

he can dodge the draft or even make fun of the dead G.I.'s during nam, those idiots in my lai. The Man is a legend and an icon of the wold, he may be an american but his legacy belongs to the world.

Respect the man

Ali

oh and bradly who?

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@lykopis: you seemed to be saying that Zimmerman got a free pass because he was white....

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: you seemed to be saying that Zimmerman got a free pass because he was white....

He's a latino, why do people keep forgetting that and the racial angle is odd when he is of mixed race

Its not the usual white black violence here

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a latino, why do people keep forgetting that and the racial angle is odd when he is of mixed race

Its not the usual white black violence here

exactly -and if I may illustrate the point: Zimmerman is just as white as President Obama.

This has so little to do with race, but once that card is thrown out there it cannot be 'un-thrown'. This is a case of two guys not wanting to back down and both of them having the legal right not to, they fought because of the stand your ground law- one of them (5 foot 11 inches tall, 158lbs of MMA trained lean muscle) using his fists, and the other one (5 foot 7 inches tall, 207lbs of cerveza curling couch potato) using a gun.

Fatality

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I knew I liked you all the answers you give and replies to comments

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By lykopis

Where did I say he was white? Where did I say he has/had a free pass? I didn't say that at all -- what I am saying is Trayvon, because he was black, was racially profiled as a suspicious person and because of that, was followed -- I don't if Zimmerman was green and blue striped. Does that make Zimmerman a racist? I don't know -- that's what being discussed but at the same time if people think he is racist, the acknowledgement that racial profiling is partaken by many people who consider themselves not racist (this includes African-American people themselves) should be considered.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@lykopis said:

what I am saying is Trayvon, because he was black, was racially profiled as a suspicious person

I personally see no problem with this if it's justifiable.